No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Bombing Balance Issue
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Bombing Balance Issue
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-23 14:49   
oh ragglock

i see BUMs have forsaken thee

now i guess you will be undermanned, since your entire playerbase has jumped ship.

i wonder why they left?

never trust the homeless in any case =P

Sevnn
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-23 15:43   
Quote:

On 2005-07-23 14:38, N'Kra The Wolf {C?} wrote:

and @ Svenn, for the bombing issue

Dedvs have known for a few days now that if enough bombs hit a planet, they reach a "threshhold" that magnifies their splash damage to encompass every single structure on the planet. the issue is being addressed, and it will be fixed soon. so you just need to keep trying and hope noone bombs your planet to smithereens really =) give it a couple more days and the problem probably wont exist anymore.

THANK YOU!!! I hoped this was a temporary issue brought on by 1.483 and that it wasn't an intentional direction in balance tweaking. I always believed that it was often too difficult to hit a planet that was well defended but what I witnessed last night was way too far in the other direction. Thank you for actually answering my question.

Goto the website of Sevnn
shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-23 15:45   
hmm well i wanst around when luth was so "uber" but i have been around since soon after thier first nerf,(ie losing the use of cl) and i can tell u kluth is weak. you say kluth should have crappy def. ok fine, u also say kluth should have weak weapons, ok fine, u say kluth should have weak bombers. ok fine. all this cuse we have the impervious cloak, oh but wait those little beacons pretty much makethe cloak useless, as well as the fact that we cant even sup while cloaked. but hell we can observe the talking monkeys blast at each other, well as long as we dont get caught in the blast radius of a qst, or one of them decide to ecm ping us and beacon us. but hey kluth is ok the way it is.
(hmm are you guys smart enough to pick up on the sarcasm?) cant any of u see how unfair this is? or cloak is not impervious, eventhough we were led to believe it would be. our ships are not the fastest, like we were led to believe they would be. is it not logic that we would have the fastest ships? but no u children got your own way.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-23 16:08   
Quote:

On 2005-07-23 13:11, ReZ wrote:
To those of you who are taking this personally, you need to grow up.

A true point indeed....

Quote:

Ent.. If youve learned anything in your lifetime, which i pray that you have, learn this.

Do NOT generalize the kluth from ONE persons statement.. I believe Ragg was the one you were responding too. Dont pin this on all the kluth players.. Thats stereotypical, arrogant and immature. Do you see any of the bums posting here? Evil? PB? No.

This indeed, was not merely targeted at K'luth, but indeed any player who felt the need to whine constantly, over and over, publicly, and arrogantly. If you didn't read close enough even, I had even included myself.

Additionally, must of that rant, yeah I attacked K'luth. Why? Because every time I come into the lobby, or ingame, or somewhere, there always seems to be SOMEONE who feels the need to complain about K'luth being too weak, how their weapons suck, how your cloak sucks, how beacons are lame etc. etc. etc.

In fact, I find it so very suprising on how much the tide has changed. This is the first time in actual years I have seen you guys complain about the game (isn't that a clue right there?), and in fact do it louder, and longer, and more annoying than any UGTO/ICC I have ever met.

Before you think im targetting one person, actually READ. It.

Quote:

So chill out, have a coke and a smile.. play kluth this version for 2 weeks and then come back here to nail all of us for "crying" your sick of that? I'm sick of you talking that fresh yellow steamy pile of dog poo.

You know what, I most likely will. There is a simple reason for this.
In beta, even in its very late stages, I tested K'luth almost exclusively to see what I was up against.

What I found was an amazing fact that I could use the cloak more than just to my advantage, its how I would always win.

Expect to see me on K'luth soon...

Quote:

So next time, be smart on who you choose to accuse or whatever the hell your talking about, instead of hating on a whole group of people..

In truth, I don't hate K'luth. I hate that you guys complain, and whine, CONSTANTLY, if not every single chance you get. Blame the people who give K'luth a bad name on generalization, most part because K'luth, in all my years of playing, has always used the game to their advantage.

Over the years, such imbalences have been almost exclusively exploited by such players, much to the disgust of others, all to win.

However.

That post I made was for the most part, to tell K'luth to please stop keeping your panties in a wad. The more complaining you do, the LONGER its going to take for it to get fixed.

It was also targeted at any player, INCLUDING myself, who felt the need to whine and complain just cause they don't get their way.

Such things are annoying as hell, and people honestly don't want to see YET ANOTHER COMPLAINING THREAD, remember that half the things your complaining about are ALREADY on the fixing list, complaining about it will NOT get it done faster.

Im sick of hearing it, Im sure you all are too.

-Ent

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-23 16:34   
I apologize for not addressing the actual topic of this thread, but as was mentioned, it is a bug and has been reported; hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

As for the rest of the thread, and whining: I've noticed that, no matter how much people claim to be fair and levelheaded, they inevitably whine whey they die. It doesn't matter if the game actually is balanced in some macroscopic way. If you die, you feel something must be wrong, that your faction is nerfed or the other buffed. On the other hand, those who are winning will inevitably defend the balance, because it serves them. Not that this is intentional - I think the vast majority of people really do want a good balance and not things tipped in their favor, but subconsciously things feel "right" when you win and "wrong" when you don't.

Thus, the only well balanced game is one where everybody wins.

That, of course, is not going to happen. Which is infortunate, because it means we've got a lovely future of whines to look forward to.

(Not to say things are balanced. It's just an observation.)

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-23 16:44   
Quote:

On 2005-07-23 16:34, Shigernafy wrote:
Which is infortunate, because it means we've got a lovely future of whines to look forward to.

(Not to say things are balanced. It's just an observation.)

hm...maybe we need a whine-o-meter.....somebody whines, you push it, and they get banned for xminutes.

or something like that =D

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.011978 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR