No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » My account of my time with the K'luth...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author My account of my time with the K'luth...
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-24 07:12   
Simple as the header.

Im going to, for the next 2 weeks be playing on K'luth, and I plan on, continuously, testing different loudouts and functions of the K'luth ships. As of this post, this is Day 2.

Because of continuously being told "I dont play KLuth so I woulden't know" phrases, I decided to jump off GTN for a little while and go to Kluth, Raven indeed has also went there to help out for the time being.

I also additionally, found it kinda amusing to see BUMS and Wolf, two fleets who were all Kluth during 1.482 or so, suddenly have jumped ship to ICC for what I can only guess is the fact that they aren't winning.

Talk about loyalty indeed.

Aside from that, I have already played with a few of the toys K'luth have, and this is the report I have so far.

So far, the things I feel need to change are:

• Cloak- Its buggy. It takes approx. 5 seconds, in a dread to decloak, and around 1-2 seconds to recloak. This seems to be the opposite of the factions intention.

• Distruptor Assault-Even for a heavy beam, its recharge is a staggering 12 seconds at level ten, IMO, reduce the recharge timer to around 6-8 seconds. Keep the energy drain the same however...

• Reload- Playing in a Ultimate Worker for about a few hours, I found that you had to uncloak to use reloads quite a nuisence, and with a thin layer of full armor, it is certainly not worth it, especially as it takes about 6 seconds to uncloak and recloak. Allow the reload to work under cloak, but keep the paper thin armor (like a second full layer, aint much) to handle damage at least close to on par of Human supplys.

• Beacons- In my honest opinion, I like better the idea of the beacon increasing the recloaking time of Kluth ships, and I also am (and always have been) in favor of removing the beacon by reload. As it is now, beacons can be spammed as a ship passes under you and have no way to avoid it.

• ECCM Pinging- I personally have felt, even before going Kluth that ECCM pinging is an exploit, it was never intended to be used that way, and should not be allowed until it is fixed, even if it only allows a breif glimse, it lets your enemy know your there, and kinda gets rid of the suprise attacks.

• Bombing- Only two requests : A: Remove the fighter bays off of the Clavete, and replace them with one more Bomb slot. Additionally, Bios should come as 12, like every other bomb in the game, and reduce the Advanced Carrier to 2 bomb slots.

Thats all for now really on needed fixes.

Also, I have been playing around with the mandi, meself.

I have found, myself indeed, that I can fly full speed with one, and alpha not once, not twice, but four times before I needed to slow down and recharge.

Four times. I got to an Assault Dreadnoughts hull on the second one.

The Mandy as it currently stands has no energy problems, and seems on par as an assault ship more than a frontline attacker. I plan on trying with cannons and other loadouts later, along with the other Kluth Dreads...

More to come...

-Ent

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-24 07:19   
Nice work. Do not forget the smaller ships, like the scout that can not use cloak without energy loss unless you mod the enginges.

And a great idea. For all who just complain that others are *complain*. Play that faction for a week. Get a better feel for it.

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-24 07:35   
Well put Ent.

Its indeed being an interesting adventure to say the least, nothing like having a L10 Assault Dread jump on your lowly L0 Frigate.

So to add to what Ent said, K'luth frigates need a little tweaking. Generally they seem to be alright as all round support, but could do with a slight increase on the defensive front.

Granted it does seem right that an Assault Dread of all things should vapourise a frigate, but now im starting to see the downsides to it from a newer players point of view.

From 7 deaths yesterday, 2 lag related, 5 frigates, I lost the equivilant of Commander Rank.

You try telling a newbie thats the odd's he's facing, especially when the big boys like to single out the small guys

Now I will stop this blatant hijack of steves diary and let him get on with it.

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-24 07:46   
Yep the low level ships do need to get better, currently it pretty much impossible for any new players to gain combat pres, they simply cannot damage the bigger ships.

I think the best way would be to give MUCH more ships damaged points for hitting shields/armor, since all dreads etc are now 90% armor and shields you barly get to hit the hull, which is what gives the pres.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-24 08:21   
bring back grouping....

before you are going frenzy on the beacons keep in mind: There has to be a time frame for the average Humam fleet to inflict damage on the kluth ship.

With their current armor, they can take quite some beating and if they are able to recloack they can most likely slip away without even getting their hull scratched.

The impact of the beacon on the cloack needs to be big enough to open up a time frame long enough to beat the shiznit outa them.

I very well remember the "terror cloackers" in starfleet command 3, nailing even the biggest ships with hit and run tactics: decloack, fire, recloack, not leaving enough time to inflict serious damage on them, (frigates cloack and decloack very fast in sfc3)
That broke sfc3 multiplayer and it will break ds. King arthur for example has used the "new" kluth quite efficently, now imagine a hole faction full of king arthurs and no usefull way to track em long enough to break their defenses.

The combination "invisible + super-firepower" has broken any game so far.

The "low fire power + invisible + speed" would have been a better foundation for the kluth.

[small][ This Message was edited by: PutEADRearTorpsToFrontPlease on 2005-07-24 08:34 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: PutEADRearTorpsToFrontPlease on 2005-07-24 09:21 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-24 09:25   
FYI, AD can only be upgraded to L8, and its recharge time is in proportion to its damage. It is the most damaging beam weapon in the game...

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-24 09:42   
Im thinkin cloaked supply ships reloading dreads in the middle of a fight would be a real problem. I'd say an armor boost would be a little more balanced approach to the problem.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-24 10:37   
Quote:
Cloak- Its buggy. It takes approx. 5 seconds, in a dread to decloak, and around 1-2 seconds to recloak. This seems to be the opposite of the factions intention.

I agree completely, swap cloak and decloak times...I hate decloaking only to have my prey turn and jump out before I can fire...

Quote:
Distruptor Assault-Even for a heavy beam, its recharge is a staggering 12 seconds at level ten, IMO, reduce the recharge timer to around 6-8 seconds. Keep the energy drain the same however...

Haven't used this weapons much but I have seen it's effect...pretty weak if you ask me...a faster fire rate would be nice...

Quote:
Reload- Playing in a Ultimate Worker for about a few hours, I found that you had to uncloak to use reloads quite a nuisence, and with a thin layer of full armor, it is certainly not worth it, especially as it takes about 6 seconds to uncloak and recloak. Allow the reload to work under cloak, but keep the paper thin armor (like a second full layer, aint much) to handle damage at least close to on par of Human supplys.

Just go back to uncloak, hit reload, cloak and keep reloading...but leave the armor as is...an invisable resup ship doesn't need much armor since it should be visible for only 10 seconds tops...

Quote:
Beacons- In my honest opinion, I like better the idea of the beacon increasing the recloaking time of Kluth ships, and I also am (and always have been) in favor of removing the beacon by reload. As it is now, beacons can be spammed as a ship passes under you and have no way to avoid it.

I agree completely, it's annoying to be hit with a single, incredable cheap weapon, and suddenly lose your factions main ability...how would th ICC like it if the luth had a Anti-shield bomb that instantly shut off planetary shields, but only for 5 min., or an EW missile that shut off QST's? They wouldn't, and we don't like a tiny little 800 cred (I think) weapon being able to render cloak useless...

Quote:
Bombing- Only two requests : A: Remove the fighter bays off of the Clavete, and replace them with one more Bomb slot. Additionally, Bios should come as 12, like every other bomb in the game, and reduce the Advanced Carrier to 2 bomb slots.

PLEASE!

Nice observations ent...