No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » How can you help DS? (my perceptions)
 Author How can you help DS? (my perceptions)
Talon
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-24 17:56   
Well I haven't played DS too much, I like it overall, and alot of it i can deal with, and even want to help code to make it more enjoyable.

Yet, at this point I also had to stop playing due to the prestige loss and lagg. It seems alot of posts on the forums are from veterans. They have a ton of prestige and it bothers them they are loosing it now, but for us new guys it is completely devestating.

I had came back before the "big" update and even subb'd. I had roughly around 7000 prestige when I began playing again. After weeks of playing I had gotten my prestige up to around 8200. Excited that eventually I will finaly make it to where I can fly some of the dread's and the more advanced cruisers gave me a goal to try to achieve.

With the prestige loss as it is now, I have dropped back down to around 7600. Not one death is combat related, and all from lagg results. This is very discouraging for me as a new player, because it makes a huge impact on my motivation to play.

Dev's can never make a player base happy, and there will always be cry's of changes. They can only take pride in what they create, and accomplishment. A player driven game will always fail, as we are all different and seek different goals that makes us happy or feel we accomplished something. And we are all biased one way or another when it comes to our ideas. What one person may consider balanced, another could completely disagree with, and they both can be right

My suggestion is to try to support the dev's ideas, and not try to implement your own ideas. The arguements found on the forums are hurting the game as much as gameplay ever could as well. The community always plays a large role in a game and the retention of people. Some people, including me, play these games as a way to relieve stress and enjoy some time away from the "real world" Usually I like to wade through forums to gain more knowledge on things and get to know people better. Yet to be honest, now I usually just cruise through real fast to see only the admins posts and what they contain. Which is a shame as I am sure there is some good information to be had

So I gave my idea's (and they are only just that)

If you really want to help, and gain more players, instead of testing all these weapons out, that could be taken out anyways. I have a few suggestions that would help out new players tremendously, or I am sure even some "vets"

(1) While letting the admins implement the balance changes, work on the new guide. Write your own guide, and manual for the new stuff, and email it to faust. If several people do this is would make for a well in depth manual and always up to date. realise the dev's have so much on their plate to handle this could help relieve some stress of what needs to be accomplish. This will also help them dedicate there time to fix things seeing people help them not always hinder there progress.

(2) Be a positive voice in the community, and help out those who need it. So many people ignore new peoples questions (not all, but alot of people will) And if you get really angry, log off for a while

(3) Be respectful of others opinions. If you disgree with them, then thats normal. But respect there opinion. One could be right, one could be wrong, or both wrong or both right. Who's to say there change is bad, but other changes need to be implemented as well to balance it. Too many people try to compare all changes to the way the game is, and fail to realise that anything can be changed. Sometimes it is better to make a few changes, to improve a game, then just one on a certain matter. Let people be heard, and if you disagree, dont tell them there wrong, or your way is better. Be polite and just post your ideas as just that And yes sometimes it is hard not to hit that reply button to something you just read and not just tear into the "BAD IDEA" but rememeber... they have feelings, and not everyone thinks the way you do. What i always try to do, and sometimes fail, is after i write something, to reread it and take out anything that is not positive or constructive, as well as fix my countless typing mistakes

on an end note:
Problems will be seen by the dev's, they have alot more time invested in this then any player, as well as alot more at stake. (example: they dont need the countless kluth arguement threads to see something is wrong, as when they check the metaverse and see the kluth own no or very few planets then some changes need to be made) so relax a little, and smile, and have fun at something.

[ This Message was edited by: Talon on 2005-07-24 18:21 ]

Rinzler
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-24 18:46   
And give DarkSpace all your money...but you first.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-07-25 12:13   
I should read this before replying. Oh well, it's too late now.

Wants some Rhubarb Crumble?

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-07-25 12:13 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Page created in 0.010175 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR