No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » odd client issue
 Author odd client issue
Amram
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-24 20:38   
ok, before you say it, cause i know its gonna get said
this is a completely clean DS install thats acting up, and in the same way as its predecessor, so im not certain DS is to blame, BUT, its the only non-functional game on my system, so....

anyways, when i try to connect to a server, i get told clientsetup.exe has experienced an error, and crash out, i get the same result if i try and goto setup from inside the gcql client which gets me into the lobby just fine, altho none of the webcontent works from inside the gcql

for the past few weeks or so, the webcontent has been non-functional, an annoyance but nothing special so i just ignored it and used firefox to view the site, and i've been capable of gettin in and playing 1.482, and all for iterations of 1.483 thus far.

i have altered the base codecs on my system, but that was ages ago, and long before i loaded DS onto this system, and i have been functional with the current codec set. I also have not had any system changes, or windows updates change anything on the system.

i am behind a router(unfortunately router free testing is not an option), but i am also the admin of said router and know for certain no setting has been altered and have been behind this router since before loading DS on this system as well.

just a week or two ago, the clientsetup.exe crapped out, and i could nolonger alter my game settings, but i could still play, so i didn't worry about it too much, i rarely mess with the settings anyways, i just ocassionally kill the ingame music as im playing my own. now however, i can neither mess with the settings or play...hence this post

in trying to solve this, i have already uninstalled DS, deleted the palestar folder, rebooted, wiped the registry of any possibly stray entries, defragged, rebooted again, reinstalled DS, updated, gained no results, spoke with Nax-who in the end was just as confused as I, instaled the beta client again as per Nax's advice, confirmed the same error in the beta client even after a full update from within the beta gcql.

and now im here.... to summarise-'clientsetup.exe has caused an error in ', and crashes out the client when i attempt either to change settings, or join a server, same result from within the beta client, both fully updated, and a thorough DS reinstall has been attempted.

as stated above, my codecs have been altered from stock, i am behind a router, im running DX 9.0c, have the right and updated drivers for my videocard, have no issues in any other games i can actually play on this slow POS pc, and do not use windows update as this PC is eternally near full HD space(13gb), and the last thing i need is to hit full partway thru an update....oh, and before i forget, its Windows ME, a horrible OS i know, but i only have XP to replace it with, and this pile can't run that well if at all(128mb ram)....and with all the above stated in this paragraph, nothing im aware of has changed since DS did work on this system, 1.482, 1.483(.1,.2,.3,.4) all have worked and now....well

so anyways, to close off, cause i know i've drifted a little, im stumped....any ideas?

Page created in 0.005688 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR