No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Prestige loss - A plea to Faustus
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Prestige loss - A plea to Faustus
Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-07-25 08:56   
I don't think I'm the only player to observe that the current rate of prestige loss for death is far too high - by at least an order of magnitude. As an example, I just lost a siphon and took a prestige hit of around 1500 (53.3k to 51.8k). The person who killed me says he gained '40-60'. Now, it's simple mathematics - if I don't kill 40 (!) dreadnoughts for every one that I loose, I - and everyone else - will soon be midshipmen. I could just fly nothing but Cruisers, but then my ability to kill enemies and generally 'get things done' would be reduced accordingly. Eventually I'll be forced to fly a supply ship for a few days to gain back what I've lost in combat - but considering that there has never been a lack of supply ships, this seems rather like an answer to a question nobody asked, with disastrous consequences for everyone.

I honestly don't see what was wrong with the game before. Who cares if everyone is a fleet admiral? Big battles with lots of big ships are FUN! Isn't that the point? Even though I myself manage a respectable K/D, for every one of me there's someone else who doesn't manage to do so, and IMHO rank should be more a matter of the time you put in the game than whether you're very good, very lucky, have a fast connection, or happen to play during the two hours a day that the server behaves.

I must have seen a dozen demotions just in the past day. This really can't continue - and I bet it'll jeopardize subscriptions as people decide they'd rather "ride it out" than loose thousands of prestige that it took them months to gain under the old system.

Please. Give us back the old system.

[ This Message was edited by: Specterx on 2005-07-25 09:00 ]

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-25 08:59   
Once again this gose to forum I made about prestige lost is to high. Atleast down it back to a normal prestige for death. Mainly lag from the game, prestige talk is greatly thought of now adays.It should be lowered either way.

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-25 09:05   
Look at the facts, people are quitting because of the lag and the prestige loss.
They will have to realise soon enough that they are in major problems and they just didnt want to listen.

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-07-25 09:06   
Tthis patch is ruining the game, go back to the last ver till u can make a better one , Or atleast turn down press loss to what we had b4 this patch came out.

I'm quiting ds cause of this...as i'm sure are lot of others. Please fix it

Nim

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-25 09:58   
your math is flawed. you dont get pres for kills (there's associated pres, but nothing from the acutal kill)
and given the increased shield and armor values and the tendancy for players to run when their hulls start taking damage, it'll probably take more than 40 dreads..

BackAlley
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:11   
I'm afraid I am going to have to agree with you guys. I have been considering unsubing myself. I spent hours and over a year gaining the pres that I have, and to lose it for 3 or four ships just does not sit well with me..........

Email BackAlley   Goto the website of BackAlley
Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:13   
Quote:

On 2005-07-25 09:58, Doran wrote:
your math is flawed. you dont get pres for kills (there's associated pres, but nothing from the acutal kill)
and given the increased shield and armor values and the tendancy for players to run when their hulls start taking damage, it'll probably take more than 40 dreads..

Change it to "inflict an amount of damage on enemy ships equivalent to destroying 40 dreads." Doesn't make the situation any less absurd.

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:19   
Yep, its bad. The only way I can make any pres is sitting around in a Hive with 3 reloads filling a support role, I dont even wanna think how long its going to take me to get GA, even repairing i'm lucky to make 500 pres a night.

You get next to nothing for damaging ships anymore as your are only damaging the shields/armor 99% of the time, once you start hitting the hull its only a few seconds before the target dies, so not much pres for that either. They need to reduce or remove pres loss and give a LOT more for damaging shields and armor.

Btw, in the time I've played during this free week I've seen 1 promotion.

[ This Message was edited by: -Viper- on 2005-07-25 10:25 ]

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-25 11:22   
Well I'm never gonna get to my rank time soon becuase the prestige I gain is lost with on ship. Which in time will demote me even father than I am now. Its that hard just to lower prestige lost in the game? Now we're losing some of your best players becuase of it.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-07-25 12:15   
Get ya groove back gurl. Get ya groove back...

Goto the website of Drafell
I am Batman
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-25 13:15   
Can we at least get maybe an "I'm working on it" or maybe "I'm not going to change anything till next major update", or "give me 2 weeks."

I just checked a copensation request I had, my account hasn't changed and I was told my request was vague even though i had a screenshot and eye witness. The admin said "my computer doesn't have these problems" talking about dying from hitting planets that aren't there. I'm starting to doubt if ANYTHING is going to happen at all.

I wish somebody would acknowledge the requests of the community for a change.

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-25 13:18   
i have lost over 2ooo pres due to lag i have lost 4 modded bombing destroyer and 4 modded supplys ive ask for pres compensat posted and reported i have heard nothing i went from admiral to vice admiral i have
UNSUBBED FOR DARKSPACE THEY HAVE 11 DAYS TO FIX IF THEY WANT MY MONEY BACK

Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-25 13:43   
Is DS finally collapsing, after months of watching until the next update I am personally watching the greatest breakup of my personal DS history. People are angry Faustus, as soon as you read this respond and save us... Or are you ducking out? Not to presume considering how busy you must be but ducking out is what it seems.

Email Ascension(Purge)
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-25 16:22   
Well lets see what happens in that 11 days peroid.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-25 16:54   
This game is forcing me to take up smoking.

Email Ramius
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023301 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR