No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Prestige loss - A plea to Faustus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Prestige loss - A plea to Faustus
Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-07-25 16:55   
Quote:

On 2005-07-25 16:54, Ramius {C?} wrote:
This game is forcing me to take up smoking.

LOL! I thought I was the only one!

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-25 18:03   
hate to say it but i have to agree with the others... the prestige loss is way too high which in turn is driving me and who knows insane about, the ships damage is way too low, what u lose in a day now takes a week with good combat and you not dying to regain, lag isnt too much of a problem for me but i cant speak for the group.

all these problems are driving people to other games and could very well be the deathblow to ds if nothing is soon done to remedy the situation. i myself have about 20 days or so left on my sub and i honestly dont know if i want to go another round in here myself. the benefits just dont outweigh the consequences.

i honestly hope that something is done soon i would really hate to see a good game go to the dogs so to speak. what you guys have here is an amazing thing going thats bringing people from all over the world together in a single entity. not many games or things for that matter can do that. thats something to be proud of.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-25 18:20   
I've lost close to 10,000 in pres points. Over half my death were due to lag. E-jump lag, white line of death, and one that warped me back to my starting point. Wth is that about?

I also have had a few that were soley based on my own stupidity and curiosity. Those I can live with. What I hate is that all of a sudden, I've lost what amounts to a months woth of work in 2 weeks, yet I see little that offers the chance to make it back in even HALF as much time.

You priced most people outa ships. You ranked a bunch more outa their ships. The rest are getting demoted out. The pres loses are just too horrid to deal with at this time. I'll remain unsubbed, and fly a stupid extractor if anything now.

Faustus. This really needs to be looked at, man.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-27 14:12   
I too am quitting until someone tells me that the prestige loss has been fixed, and yes, I use the word FIXED instead of CHANGED.. an answer on this would be nice faustus, sorry if you've posted elsewhere but I've kept an eye on prestige posts and I haven't seen a response yet.

Grmm
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-27 17:01   
The current loss rate will only be balanced in game if all prestige is wiped to zero. Including staff. With everyone starting from scratch it will rebalance the game. Otherwise if you sit and never log in you will be the only truely powerful player in the game! What fun! I think it has gone too far to say lets revert prestige loss to (x). If (x) was after prestige gain bugs, then no way would it be fair to players who joined afterwards. I don't see how palestar keeps so many subscriptions active. Maybe with credit cards we forget to look at what we are paying for month after month? 33k subscriptions? And hardly ever more than 100 playing?
I think DS has a lot of promise as a good game, however the balance issues make it hard to take. Today i played as K'luth and found that either cloaked or with a - sig using ecm i was not hidden and could be attacked. While icc players could use ecm and remain hidden and could not be attacked. The only purpose in being K'luth has been neutralized. Swarm in numbers is the only offset.
Regular players should be hired and rotated to report balance issues with a non-disclosure agreement. It would be easy to re-imberse them with free time. The posts appear to be too slow to report problems. Is there a bug submission post that i might be missing?

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-27 17:08   
Maybe there's some nefarious grand design at work here.

Think about it - one of the balance problems of DS is that everyone was FA. So now res loss is huge, people are getting demoted left and right. Soon there will be a lot less high-rank players, perhaps?

Except there's a flaw in this conspiracy... people are quitting! Oh no!

...Just thought I'd interject something useless here. On a more practical note, you guys are scaring me out of subbing! It took me a long time to get this close to GA...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-07-27 17:09 ]

Email Bobamelius
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-27 17:14   
ironicly, the poeple who are unsubbed lobby campers will rise up with higher ranks then everybody else in due time....

..............yes, it's all going according to plan

mwahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

[seriously]

Yeah I agree. prestige loss is like too high and stuff

[/seriously]

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-27 17:47   
Sorry to post again, but gotta keep this post at the top. Prestige loss is much more urgent than the modding *issue* that isn't much of an issue at all imHo..

I just supplied a hive at a constant rate for an hour.. then I get disconnected, next thing I know the hive accidently hit me due to lag and I was killed... and I lost ALL the prestige I just made..... this is unbelievable

*EDIT* Just to let you know I was in an ultimate worker

[ This Message was edited by: Xpli$it on 2005-07-27 17:50 ]

Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2005-07-27 18:00   
*bump*

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020297 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR