No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » In defense of the 1.483 patch.
 Author In defense of the 1.483 patch.
kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:39   
I simply cannot sideline myself anymore. I'm making this post as a PAYING player and NOT as a staff member or respresentitive of Palestar.

This is the patch the community as a WHOLE wanted.

Everyone wanted Dread and Station losses to be great, everyone agreed that loosing one should be VERY costly, players and staff alike.

Everyone wanted dreads and stations to be very powerfull, players and staff alike.

This was to make dreads and stations both rarer and feared. And make the bulk makeup of fleets smaller vessels and make dreads/stations the "last line of defense" ships.

Guess what? You got it.

Only everyone is still trying to fly dreads and stations. And complaining about the current stats losses for flying them.

Why? This is what you as a community wanted and Faustus worked so hard to give you...

Now lag has become an issue once again. I agree with you for compensation over lag deaths. I have no objections there.

But do you realize HOW MANY "put my stats back", "put my stats BACK NOW" or "PUT A PATCH UP IN THE NEXT 30 SECONDS OR I UNSUB AND YOU LOSE A PAYING CUSTOMER!!!!" request and/or DEMANDS the staff gets AN HOUR???

Anywho, it turns out this patch isn't what the community wanted.....

So what does Faustus do at the first sign of trouble with this patch? Makes a post about fixing it. Again giving you what you want. It may take a little while to get it done, but he's working on it.

As for all the compensation requests, guys PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, give it a little while, be patient, it will get done, they are working under a heavy load and trying to get all the requests looked at and validated.

They do not just give out pres and/or credits because someone demands it, they have to look at whether the request is valid, if it is the request is granted.

So please a little patience will go a long, long way...

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:47   
Word, kenetiks... word.

Email Ramius
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:48   
Quote:

On 2005-07-25 10:39, kenetiks wrote:
I simply cannot sideline myself anymore. I'm making this post as a PAYING player and NOT as a staff member or respresentitive of Palestar.

This is the patch the community as a WHOLE wanted.

Everyone wanted Dread and Station losses to be great, everyone agreed that loosing one should be VERY costly, players and staff alike.

Everyone wanted dreads and stations to be very powerfull, players and staff alike.

This was to make dreads and stations both rarer and feared. And make the bulk makeup of fleets smaller vessels and make dreads/stations the "last line of defense" ships.

Guess what? You got it.

Only everyone is still trying to fly dreads and stations. And complaining about the current stats losses for flying them.

Why? This is what you as a community wanted and Faustus worked so hard to give you...

Now lag has become an issue once again. I agree with you for compensation over lag deaths. I have no objections there.

But do you realize HOW MANY "put my stats back", "put my stats BACK NOW" or "PUT A PATCH UP IN THE NEXT 30 SECONDS OR I UNSUB AND YOU LOSE A PAYING CUSTOMER!!!!" request and/or DEMANDS the staff gets AN HOUR???

Anywho, it turns out this patch isn't what the community wanted.....

So what does Faustus do at the first sign of trouble with this patch? Makes a post about fixing it. Again giving you what you want. It may take a little while to get it done, but he's working on it.

As for all the compensation requests, guys PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, give it a little while, be patient, it will get done, they are working under a heavy load and trying to get all the requests looked at and validated.

They do not just give out pres and/or credits because someone demands it, they have to look at whether the request is valid, if it is the request is granted.

So please a little patience will go a long, long way...

Unfortunatly, not enough people came to beta, and its neither Faustus' nore the playerbases fault. Faustus cant FORCE people to play beta, and the players could of played beta to help out A LOT more.

Everyone thought 1.483 was ready in beta, I would of quiet frankly liked it to stay in beta a lot longer for more testing. Running an MV scenario on the beta server etc, covering all aspects.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:54   
Also keep in mind that since the release of the patch theres been a bunch of NOOBS playing so be patient with them as i was once a n00b long ago

Email GothThug {C?}
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-25 10:56   
I agree completely kenetics, I'm fine with the dread and station losses, what I don't like is cruiser but that's another matter entirely...I think some of the problem may lie in the fact that everyone jumps on during a free trial, especially one after a patch, and few of them were around before the patch. Very nice post.