Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » My exp. in BF2
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author My exp. in BF2
Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-28 15:33   
I'm just gonna start off straightfoward... and it SUCKED. I've never been so humiliated in my life..

Here's what goes... I just joined a server because I wanted to have some fun and kill and be killed. (That's the point in multiplayer, right?) So, I hop in a tank, cruise around till I get some action, so, I'm the first to get taken out by another tank, no hard feelings... So, I respawn, wait a couple secs for another tank... hop in and go take the tank that took me and take it out. I also took out the person using the tank. (I was also the commander at the time..) The guy gets pissed off, starts cussing me out and I'm just saying it's just a game... sheesh.. Then, I take them out a couple more times before I die yet again.. I'm still no mad because I died, I'm ticked off because he cussed me out just for dieing once..

After a while of talking, someone voted against me for mutiny and then I get demoted from my commander status. (From my own damn team for god's sake...) There's a point into being a commander and that's to help out his team mates.. so, I was just doing what I had to do. Then I said one final thing before I left... "If y'all $(@*!(% hate me so much.. I'll just never play multiplayer..." and then the big one... The guy that I killed said "promise?" and I took that as a direct insult to me and I immediately left the server.

I swear, if this ever happens to me again, I might as well give UP multiplayer for all the fun and excitement that other people get to have and play single for the rest of my gaming career.... I'm dead sick of people doing this to me.. All I wanted to do was have FUN... not get insulted like this. Now, before I keep going on... I'm going to point out one thing, I've never played BF2 online because I've had a weird problem when joining servers... and this is one way I didn't want to start my online play.... I'm off before I flame someone on this... which is something I don't want to do right now...............

Email Shippo
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-28 15:38   
lol.

Hardcore gamers to not tolerate failure.

Email Bobamelius
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-28 16:25   
I play it occasionally and my favorite rants on there right now are:

Ranter: Kick so-and-so! he's cheating!!!
Me: Um, How?
Ranter: He is, he just killed me again...
Me: Learn to play and avoid getting hit

or

Ranter: Dude, I know you are cheating! look at your kills
Me: Yeah, 3 arty strikes on your airfield while you all bunched up waiting to get the same helo...

And the newest one I heard today, i nearly busted up laughing...

Ranter: Stop laying mines at our base!
Me: They dont work as good at our bases

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-07-28 16:26 ]

Email Tael
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-07-28 16:49   
The one thing that ticks me off is my teammates. DO they have brains!?!?! I lay a claymore down, and my teammate runs and jumps on it.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-07-28 16:50   
lol

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-28 16:51   
Okay first off...ignore the idiots...that's rule number one of playing any MMOFPS...secondly I have to ask, were you using the artillery/UAV's etc or not. If you weren't, that's probably the reason you got mutinied...the commanders job is to help his team by using those abilities...

Powered by Stormtroopers and Red Shirts

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-28 18:18   
Quote:

On 2005-07-28 16:51, Binks wrote:
Okay first off...ignore the idiots...that's rule number one of playing any MMOFPS...secondly I have to ask, were you using the artillery/UAV's etc or not. If you weren't, that's probably the reason you got mutinied...the commanders job is to help his team by using those abilities...

1. I was using Artillery to attack after I do a scan. Then I pinpoint a good spot to call for artillery. The map was way too small for UAV aircraft support as that's what they were requesting.. I still got demoted for it...

2. I can't stand idiots who don't know the first thing about FPS games. You ARE going to get killed, you ARE going to kill people... that's the damn point in FPS games...

Email Shippo
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-28 18:25   
Quote:

Everybody wrote:

thats pretty much every online fps right there..

i stopped bothering to type responses anymore, just go in and stomp as many as i can

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-28 18:50   
no map is to small for uav, but i have never been in game and seen ppl calling for UAV's or Arty. Only when a Commander either doesnt use the assets (ie wanting command bonus for nothing) or constantly artys his troops (as in today - 6 strikes in one game killed no less than 5 of his own people each time - called the strikes as we were moving to attack. We were in the zone before the arty warning popped up on the map) have I seen them mutinied.

I hate the punishment system, glad to see they are overhauling it...

Right now people will drive over your mines, die, then punish you for the TK. there was one guy on yesterday who kept doing it and got 3 people banned from the server for tk's. Earlier when I was playing, I was flying the helo and capped 4 places and as I am hovering over the 5th flag I get shot at and pull up and left to bug out, and fly into the idiot who is hovering directly over me... We both die and he punishes for the TK

Email Tael
The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-28 20:07   
Quote:

On 2005-07-28 15:33, Shippo wrote:
I'm just gonna start off straightfoward... and it SUCKED. I've never been so humiliated in my life..

Here's what goes... I just joined a server because I wanted to have some fun and kill and be killed. (That's the point in multiplayer, right?) So, I hop in a tank, cruise around till I get some action, so, I'm the first to get taken out by another tank, no hard feelings... So, I respawn, wait a couple secs for another tank... hop in and go take the tank that took me and take it out. I also took out the person using the tank. (I was also the commander at the time..) The guy gets pissed off, starts cussing me out and I'm just saying it's just a game... sheesh.. Then, I take them out a couple more times before I die yet again.. I'm still no mad because I died, I'm ticked off because he cussed me out just for dieing once..

After a while of talking, someone voted against me for mutiny and then I get demoted from my commander status. (From my own damn team for god's sake...) There's a point into being a commander and that's to help out his team mates.. so, I was just doing what I had to do. Then I said one final thing before I left... "If y'all $(@*!(% hate me so much.. I'll just never play multiplayer..." and then the big one... The guy that I killed said "promise?" and I took that as a direct insult to me and I immediately left the server.

I swear, if this ever happens to me again, I might as well give UP multiplayer for all the fun and excitement that other people get to have and play single for the rest of my gaming career.... I'm dead sick of people doing this to me.. All I wanted to do was have FUN... not get insulted like this. Now, before I keep going on... I'm going to point out one thing, I've never played BF2 online because I've had a weird problem when joining servers... and this is one way I didn't want to start my online play.... I'm off before I flame someone on this... which is something I don't want to do right now...............

Yeah bf2 is a really frustrating game right now, im not gonna really play it much until patch 1.03 comes out and fixes mostly everything
The point of commander is to direct your squads
-Commander usually stay hidden at thier teams uncappable spawns
-Commanders send supplies for tanks and vehicles and maybe infantry
-You get points for commander as you order your squads, and they fufill them
-Commanders who do all the right things (able to send squads from point to point, capturing bases, etc. get many points) usually end up within the top 5 players because of the x2 bonuses at the end of the round
The point is you should be out in the front line in a tank if your commander, that is why everyone was such an @$$hole to you.
But anyways thats the hardcore gamers way of playing, if you wanna have fun, play unranked servers as they are MUCH less laggy and not completely full of complete morons who rant about everything

Still i hate how teammates are complete idiots who expectantly think that artillery icons on the map means free candy or a skull and cross means drive forward and get blown up on teammates mines, and i hate the tk system -.-
I was once flying my trusty su-34 (the two seater) and i locked on to a blackhawk and blew it up and got 5 TEAMKILLS! I dont get why the heli was shown as an enemy and i got banned from the server which is why i wont be playing much until 1.03 where they fix all these friggen bugs -_-

Email The Anarchist
The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-28 20:08   
When you play a game that requires a high end system to play, most of the people in the games tend to be really hardcore (like doom3 multiplayer, brrr that was really annoying...)

Email The Anarchist
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-28 21:49   
The funny thing is that it doesn't even look that great.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-07-28 23:26   
Yeah, originally I thought something to the tune of 'Oooh! Battlefield 2! This is gonna be great!'. But after playing the demo and getting back down to earth, it doesn't seem that great.

I also have a grudge against it because it's the first game I've gotten that I can't run at max settings with my Radeon 9600 Pro. Curse it.

Email Bobamelius
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2005-07-29 00:25   
Play Operation FlashPoint Resistance and addons like Finish Defence Forces ... CSLA 2.10 ... etc.

that gives you weeks of excelent gameplay ...

and ... did i mentioned there is also fantastic coop ?

and ... normal MP ? )

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-07-29 01:59   
Pfft, this is why I play single player with Veteran bots

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025601 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR