Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Darkspace Tabletop Roleplaying Game - Map Assistance Wanted
 Author Darkspace Tabletop Roleplaying Game - Map Assistance Wanted
Malor
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-09 11:57   
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Recently I have started my long-planned Sci Fi campaign, after 7 years of Vampire: the Dark Ages and good ol' D&D, and I have chosen the Darkspace Universe because of the nice backstory and good availability of screenshots. I made a fair conversion, I think, with the old Stardrive Alternity rules and some stuff thrown in from GURPS and Trinity.

My party has currently survived two sessions aboard their little ship, having thrown their lot in with the UGTO. I have made good use of both the many great screenshots I myself and others have made and the many photoshopped pictures, fleet overviews and various signatures.

The only thing I need right now is decent maps of all the individual individual planetary systems. Simple screenshots will do, but does anyone have such maps or has anyone in the past worked on this. Currently I am away from my own computer on holiday in far countries, so I cannot quickly jump in and make a few myself.

Thanks in advance.

Cya,
Sander

Goto the website of Malor
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-09 12:05   
i've got a pair of tiling hexagon images you could overlay the map with, if you're looking for that sort of thing

seems like a good use for it anyway

[ This Message was edited by: Doran (Give Midshipmen Sup/Engy) on 2005-08-09 12:07 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-08-10 18:06   
Currrent MV Map

Just click on each system name to get a map of that system.

Goto the website of Drafell
Gaderath
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-10 19:46   
Ive been interested in a table top space game for a while, perhaps you can tell us more about the rules your using, your tweaks and where the originals came from? Ive done a little D20 RP'ing, but havent heard much about space table top games... Ill try googling some stuff too i guess...

Malor
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-11 01:46   
Drafell, thanks. I allready have those maps, and they serve fine for most purposes. I was just looking for a few ingame made, or perhaps someone had done a Planetary system in much the same way as a few of the screenshots of ships.

Gaderath, I have deliberately chosen a system that I am familiar with. Alternity is an old system by TSR and has been supported by Wizards of the Coast (yeah, the guys from D&D) for a few years before being discontinued. It had a few campaign sets, Darkmatter and StarDrive being the main two. In Darkmatter you play a person in a slightly future Earth basically doing "X-files" type missions, while in StarDrive you have a full-blown Sci-Fi universe in the 26th century. I choose the latter because it fitted the setting well, and it helped with ship conversion as it allready had good narrative Space Combat rules, and the grittyness I wanted.

The DS universe my players inhabit is pretty dark (pun intended), with both alliances fighting each other with a dwindling share of resources. Everything has a 'forlorn glory' theme, with my heroes actually having to stoop so low as illigal channels to get the spare parts they need to repair their ship after a recent battle. The K'luth are out - for now - simply because I do want to keep a little to myself at this moment in time.

Ruleswise I use the background from the game, modified to my purposes, and the main rules are "Alternity: StarDrive" (d20 style, but not the D&D system). For technical goodies and stuff I use a GURPS modification, and I use the requisition system from the "Stargate D20" as my players are a military unit. I converted all the ships to the StarDrive space combat, and it made especially the heavier variants rather unkillable for my poor players, which is the way I like it. Their approach to space combat can mostly be described as "run, run, run" combined with copious dodgeing and the occasional bout of weaponsfire.

I handle as much of the play as I can in a narrative manner, and I use a hex-mat (kitchen-table size mat with hexes on it) and some models for when things need to be cleared up with models, whether this is during a boarding action on a ship or a fleet action including two dozen cruisers.

That's basically it, really.

Goto the website of Malor
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-11 02:22   
My nerd dectator seems to be going off.

I want to plaaayy...

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-11 11:01   
ive also got some topdown white on black 180x180 stillouetts of icc ships..

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-08-11 11:30   
You might also find the shipbuilder useful

http://www.ravenwarriors.com/drafell/ships.php

Admittedly it's not fully functional ATM, but I am working on it. Slowly.

I think the main focus atm needs to be getting the current ships actually stored in the DB.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-08-11 11:31 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Page created in 0.019164 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR