Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » P-cannons and stellar incinerator issue!
 Author P-cannons and stellar incinerator issue!
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-09 17:34   
ok, as i have no idea where to put this as i cant tell where is what and why.

today in MV, me and a few other K'luth players were "fighting" 5 or so PICKET destroyers. and no matter what the heck we did it ended up with us having to run because their BLOODY p-cannons were eating through our armor faster then we did! recloak after a alpha didnt help coz all they did was manually targetting and were continuing to humilliate us. and even worse since at 59% and down we start to burn and that makes our cloak even more useless then it already is.

and the p-cannon dread is as overpowered now as it were when THAT dread were the best u could use. remember that time? i was 1v1 duelling one of those dreads and i never even broke through his armor before i blew up! i went from 60% or so hull to KABOOM in one of his alphas!

second part is the even more useless Stellar Incinerator. REMOVE that USELESS piece of garbage from the alpha strike!! ONE alpha strike + that weapon and i can kiss goodbye to my energy!

i dont care one bit how "sweetzor-OMG-r0x0r-my-b0x0r" damage that !?~~~?^&ty weapon does when uve managed to eat through the armor. ITS STILL WORTHLESS!

man, ive never been this angry over a game before! first i get humiliated by a dessy wich forced me to jump out in my dread coz his P-cannons were doing more damage over time then my dread does! he did it semi slow yes, but fast enough to make me go from 100% hull to 40 or so once he got through my armor from me pressing k to uncloak to be acually able to E-jump. and that wasent slow either.

THEN i get totally obliterated by a battle dread faster then i could get through his armor! even K'luth right after the big patch could kill that fast!

/edit: typos and stuff

[ This Message was edited by: Jar Jar Binks on 2005-08-09 17:40 ]

Specterx
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-09 17:53   
This is why you shouldn't use dreads unless you have the support of smaller ships.

As to the SI-alpha issue, it really isn't all that hard to just tie your weapons (excluding the SI) to another key and use that instead.

Email Specterx   Goto the website of Specterx
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-09 19:56   
Nah, Jar Jar binks is right, these picket dessies are supposed to act as support for the main fleet, not as a fleet in itself and be able to deal even when outnumbered incredibly stupid amounts of damage to much better equipped dreadnoughts and cruisers.

I saw what the p-cannons and railguns can do now, and its scary, cause those guns require next to 0 skill to use, and the fact that they can "scan" for us using them so easily now that you can have up to 10 on each ship ( you all know the trick to target near your ship so it spreads... ). plus the beacon issue, plus the eccm issue, plus our weakly defenses issue, plus the fact that organic armor even with the help of the automated repair system regens much less faster than ICC shields which are 2 to 3 times as strong. Our cloak is next to uselessafter the first time we uncloak, since we get barraged by guns and beacons left and right.

No you are mistaken PB m8ey, believe me, this session of GunSpace was a VERY bad seen. Even using "by the book" or alternative kluth tactics. Heck 20 volleys of 8 torpedoes from my siphon on an agincourt dread barely scratched his armor while he litteraly ripped through both my front armor layers in a few volleys ( his fighters were kept in check by my pulse beams, almost no damage was done with em ).

This situation is just stupid.

On another note :

I must disagree with my collegue about the Stellar Incinerator tho, once the armor/shields are down, it OWNS cruisers and down , for dreads it just tickle a bit, some more direct hit damage and some less splash damage / range ( why 2.75k gu for a kluth weapon? drop it to 1k and increase the damage or reduce the energy usage ) would be nice for this weapon, or make it so that it does the same damage to armor as it does to hull. Other than that, yeah it does suck a lot of power, thats why you bind all your other weapons to 2 and 3 and keep the SI on 1. Typically, I'll have torps on 3, beams on 2 and SI on 1. Like this it works... but still, core weapons are meant as killing blow weapons, hence the huge energy drain.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Diabum|ik on 2005-08-09 20:04 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Diabum|ik on 2005-08-09 20:06 ]

Page created in 0.008568 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR