No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » 5 Mil Coupon
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author 5 Mil Coupon
TheAbyss
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-09 21:21   
I redeemed the coupon in my email, appear to be the correct account number but it is not showing the correct amount on my profile for credits. What do I need to do to have this corrected?

Mazo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-10 01:14   
i also redeemed yesterday and i havnt got a single 1 yet

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-10 02:07   
coupon will say the name of the player at/near the top. If you aren't the player listed, then it's to a different account and can only be used on that particular account. If the account is correct, well then i don't know what your issue could be. Anyone else?

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Roger Devil
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-10 13:11   
Just out of interest, when was this 5 mil coupon sent and was it sent to all subscribed players? I've never received such a thing...

MoBioS
Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-15 16:45   
I received one but deleted by accident. Trying to get it sent again.

[RESOLVED]

[ This Message was edited by: MoBioS on 2005-08-15 21:58 ]

Mahasamatman
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-15 20:28   
Ditto...even posted about it. We can't all be"entering the coupon code wrong." Its not like its rocket science to copy and paste

Maybe someone at Palestar sent out a bunch of bogus codes?

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:01   
I only ever got my redeem coupon email but i subscribed straight away anyway as i played this for a while 3 years ago. I never got this 5 mill coupon and it would be useful to have. Could it possibly be resent?

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-08-30 15:16   
TheAbyss: Viewing your subscription history, you 'cashed' three coupons on 8/9/2005 for 5M, 14days & 1M respectively. I can't look from this PC at your coupon history but - wouldn't these be it?

Mazo: Viewing your subscription history, you 'cashed' two coupons on 8/7 and 8/9 respectively for 7 days & 5M credits. Same as above - looks like something worked.

RogerDevil: it was sent following the release of 1.483 as a way to help handle adjustments in credits (since taking a ship out of the SY "cost" you credits now....kind of like leaving a deposit to check out something) Most likely, you should have gotten it. I can see you only used one for 7 days early this month.

MoBios: Resolved?

About coupon codes - I've entered them wrong myself in the past. I have no idea if there could be some bogus codes around. Most problems seemed to be linked to other issues. Could the coupon have been caught in a spam filter?

The basis of Palestars policy on coupons is that all of the admin team, in particular those few with actual database access to check for coupons, are volunteers. Our available time is limited; really only to fix the exceptions, not floods of requests.

So, between my regular salaried full-time job, my family, the college courses I'm taking now, the 2nd job I took because I wanted a little extra money, I may be able to take a look at the coupon histories for all of you later on tonite once I get home after my 7am to 9pm day out of the house. Not trying to make anybody feel guilty, just trying to point out that there might be a reason why things don't get answered or fixed immediately.

Nax

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-08-30 17:18   
Ok I have forwarded all of you the coupons that you had outstanding.

Yes, it's a time consuming manual process.

Nax

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-09-03 10:46   
Do some new players get 5mil coupons and some dont? what i was sent is a 7 day trial which i ignored because i subscribed straight away, also the 50k credit is that a typo?

still not received 5 mill coupon upon activing my account.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-03 14:12   
Quote:

On 2005-09-03 10:46, HMS Pegasus wrote:
Do some new players get 5mil coupons and some dont? what i was sent is a 7 day trial which i ignored because i subscribed straight away, also the 50k credit is that a typo?

still not received 5 mill coupon upon activing my account.

Only subscribed players recieved the 5 million credit coupon as compensation for their ships. If you wern't subbed, you wouldn't of got it. I dont know if that was intended, but everyone who was subbed, got one, and anyone who wasnt, didnt get one...

New players dont get any credit coupons, only the 14 day trial one.

On free trials, everyone is given 7 or 14 day coupons (depending on the length of the trial), subscribed, or not.

Chim Chim
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-03 16:57   
I have attempted to redeem mine, it says redeemed, but I never recieved it. Can anyone help plz?

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-03 19:39   
As stated above, not all users received a 5 million credit coupon.

Quickening: Looking at your profile, you have 7 million credits and I show a 5M coupon redeemed a few days ago. Considering the length of time you have been subscribed, it appears it worked.

Nax

Chim Chim
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-03 20:08   
Quote:

On 2005-09-03 19:39, Fornax wrote:
As stated above, not all users received a 5 million credit coupon.

Quickening: Looking at your profile, you have 7 million credits and I show a 5M coupon redeemed a few days ago. Considering the length of time you have been subscribed, it appears it worked.

Nax

I know what it says, but the fact is I got that 7 mill through mining, the only thing I've done with this account since the last release.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. It's just that I tried to redeem it, it says I should have recieved it according to the profile, but I never got it deposited. If so, I'd have 12 mill.

And I did recieve the coupon via a DS email. As well as a free week coupon, which I haven't redeemed yet.

I was actually waiting till I had 20 mill on this account before I use the coupon. That way I can have plenty of funds to mod ship after ship due to dying alot.

My email from DS;

Quickening,

A new change has been made to make accumulation of credits in-game easier on everyone, including admins who keep having to compensate players. When you spawn a ship (new or docked), the value of the ship, including the costs of any upgrades, are deducted from the players credits. This may result in a NEGATIVE credit balance in-game after your spawn.

If the ship is destroyed or docked, the FULL value of the ship, including the costs of upgrades are returned back to the players credit balance.

The end result of this change is that losing a ship will only result in resources lost increase. Your credits you've invested into your ship are returned to your account in full.

You can only reduce your credits in the following 3 ways:
1. Transfer credits to another player in-game.
2. Buy resources from a port (i.e. Heavy Metals).
3. Remove a ship from dock.

In order to get everyone started out on the right foot, below is a coupon worth 5,000,000 credits:
1c8c30f6-9d09deab-c0d995b3-a724cca3

NOTE: This coupon can only be redeemed by this account (@105464), you cannot use it for any other account.

From my sub portion of my account

Last Events:
08/27/05 06:54:14 Coupon redeemed for 5000000 Credits.

At the time I redeemed the coupon, I had about 6 mill. I mined a little over a mill today, modded a new extractor, then mined back to over 7 mill again. The coupon was never deposited into the account, despite what the sub readout says.

Seriously Nax, not trrying to be a pain. just showing whatever evidence I can......

[ This Message was edited by: Quickening on 2005-09-03 20:55 ]

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-04 09:33   
I see that now - must have gotten confused about which account I was looking at on the screen. Thought you had subscribed less than 30 days ago.

A lot of the problems with coupons, I believe, are linked to multiple accounts attached to the same email address. I'm suspicious but not completely certain yet that this is may be part of the problem here.

Ok - I'll adjust this.

Nax

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025517 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR