No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » In response to UGTO's Shipyard Bombing
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author In response to UGTO's Shipyard Bombing
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-22 16:13   
Quote:

On 2005-08-22 04:47, Enterprise wrote:
This is a small message to any asipireing bombers who want to bomb UGTO.

I will not rebuild it, unless it is Sol. And you know what, I want to make sure no one else will rebuild it too.

acually i love this idea. lets all stop building anything but the homesys. its WAY to easy to get bomb pres at the moment.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-08-22 19:52   
Bombing is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY too easy right now for me to commend anyone for their leveling of planets.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Captain Sternn
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-22 20:25   
hah nim went to go concentrate on ICC eh? know what was funny when you died there was like 5 hypermass and a coupla WHII in that wreakage...thats a lot of salvage.

Dark_vorbum {C?}
Fleet Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-08-22 20:53   
or because as we see for a time Admin should remove MIRV and Telekinetic bomb so only population will be down and the who are tired to build shouldnt have to rebuild it all the time...

Email Dark_vorbum {C?}
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-23 08:18   
shipyard bombing isnt really going to stop most high players. They often have there garage filled with the ships that they use, and those can be spawned at there jumpgate. It just takes a little longer to get to the combat! (unless you use a WH)

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-23 12:45   
Quote:

I miss the game where it took a fleet of ships to cap a planet.

Well that cant be DS because you always were able to flatten planets with single ships (or two at most needed)

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-08-23 17:00   
ohh kiddies

there was a time when it took skill to bomb , belive me , but then you cant stop evolution or progression , just a matter of POV .

but one thing is sure the world and DS can turn on its head again, as been done many times.

and i will still be lurking in the shadows

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-08-26 14:59   
Quote:

On 2005-08-23 08:18, Sixkiller[*CEC*] wrote:
shipyard bombing isnt really going to stop most high players. They often have there garage filled with the ships that they use, and those can be spawned at there jumpgate. It just takes a little longer to get to the combat! (unless you use a WH)

Assuming Nim, wulfi, sabotage and somethingfighter are not camping the ICC homegate with an interdictor waiting to pounce upon any ships near it.

I managed to catch seeing Nim on my nav screen in a dictor heading towards the ICC home gate. I saw another ship nearby too, wulfi. I was in Epsi at the time, decided to see if they were doing what I thoguht they were doing. Indeed I was correct. wulfi who was in detection range of our homegaet was bait, Nim and the others were waiting to jump anyone who gto near him.

This, in itself, is not a bad tactic, but STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM OUR HOMEGATE.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-26 15:22   
Report it if you see them doing it again. No one, the same faction or enemy faction, should be camping the safe zone.

The only reason its there, is because of an old bug that meant you spawned before the MV was fully loaded, and people would kill you could even see it.

Ashail
Cadet

Posted: 2005-08-26 15:49   
I cant speak for nim or the other but i can back to that system after i saw one of the ugto planets was under attack as for being near ur gate its only caused i tracked you there and i made no motion to attack you or anyone else at the gate and when i was able to jump out I did.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-26 17:48   
Quote:

On 2005-08-23 17:00, Ragglock wrote:
ohh kiddies

there was a time when it took skill to bomb , belive me , but then you cant stop evolution or progression , just a matter of POV .

but one thing is sure the world and DS can turn on its head again, as been done many times.

and i will still be lurking in the shadows

like when u used the heavy tranny to solo cap entire systems in?

i DO remember that one,

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-08-26 18:01   
Spawngatecamping is when you sit INSIDE the safezone of said gate, the safezone extends 1000 gu from the gate in either direction. No ships from any other faction are allowed in this zone but the one owning the gate.

If they have a bait waiting that means the bait is somewhere within 5000 gu range which is NOT spawngatecamping....

IF the dictor is used offensively the dictor must remain atleast 2000 gu from the gate as to not extend the dictorfield inside the safezone....

So basicly, if you see someone sitting still about 4000 gu from the jumpgate and you think its a trap, dont go there

Email Valerius{DK}
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-26 18:23   
and really when you're talking about 3,141,592sq.gu. out of roughtly 78,539,816sq.gu at 5000k, theres plenty of room to go thats not towards the bait

[ This Message was edited by: Doran (Give Midshipmen Sup/Engy) on 2005-08-26 18:24 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-08-26 18:46   
Quote:

On 2005-08-26 18:01, Valerius{DK} wrote:
Spawngatecamping is when you sit INSIDE the safezone of said gate, the safezone extends 1000 gu from the gate in either direction. No ships from any other faction are allowed in this zone but the one owning the gate.

If they have a bait waiting that means the bait is somewhere within 5000 gu range which is NOT spawngatecamping....

IF the dictor is used offensively the dictor must remain atleast 2000 gu from the gate as to not extend the dictorfield inside the safezone....

So basicly, if you see someone sitting still about 4000 gu from the jumpgate and you think its a trap, dont go there

I was told friendlys wernt allowed to abuse the safe zone either (like stations using it to repair allies)

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-08-26 19:09   
Em yeah we came to that system cause a planet was under attck, then after we killed the bomber we saw tikki jumped past us so we tracked her down and killed her...

We were never in the safe zone....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023344 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR