No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » My Humble Suggestions
 Author My Humble Suggestions
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-08-27 11:41   
(reposted from another topic)
Quote:

Hold on.. Its not just the Mirvs.

Neutrons, Kill pop even inside domes..

If it takes 1hour to build a planet, then maybe 15 min prep and 4 min to go bomb and to cap said well built planet with Neutrons. Isnt that also messed up?

Not to forget about the Bios..and Telekenitic bombs are broked also.

The only Good thing thats comming out of all this bombing is that the MV actually looks more like a War torn area with all the half assed and unbuilt planets arround.

I think it was harder to bomb in 1481 then it is now.. but that could be cus i was alot greener then.

Overall Id just like to say that even with the Mirvs fixxed and all the other bombs fixxed.. it is still to easy to cap a planet. Then people will just step up the ammnt of ECM they use to cover the bombs. And thats pretty Cheap also. I think this could all be Fixxed if Ships werent the SiZE of Moons and Stations werent the size of Planets.

The prob with realistic sized planets is that the MV would need to grow also. Engineering would be alot more interesting.. trying to get your build to reach the tops of some of the bigger ones. No doubt that there would be alot more planet collisions .. But I really think it all comes down to Bigger planets and then a redisign of the way we bomb, build and Cap them.

Planning:
Take for Example, me as an ICCer and being able to scroll out in the F2 and see that Earth has 11 Def on it. People should Not be able to see what the planet has on it With out Scouting, or better yet .. Actually Being there.

Buildings:
ICC sheild Gen should not cover the whole planet per Gen,.. There should be a range and distance that should be coverd. Like 4x4 diamonds, and all the structures withen those diamonds should get a shild raiting status.. not the planet.

The Kluth should get a Building Cloak Gen that should cover the buildings.. Not cloak the whole planet. (similar to my suggestion on the icc shield gen)

The Ugto should get A Bunker Complex building. or buildings that improve or make them resistant to Neutrons. Like an UnderGround Def complex.. that can support buildings in its area. (like suggestions above)

Fighters:
Fighter Bases should have a limit to the Amount they can launch, and not limited to What type of fighter they can launch. Not only that, but Fighters should be thought about along the same way as the Types of Infantary on the planet. Fighters should have to be made and shipped to worlds that need to use them. Fighters should patrol Planets, Bases should send out SRR's and small interceptor teams, in its space.. Fighter Bases should be Expensive and be the Shizenite.

Infantry/Troops:
Troops, and Infantry as a whole need to be expaned and revamped. Infantry needs to be split up into more catigories. like, Groud troops, Space marines, Officers, Pilots (for the fighters), Crew, Tanks, Mech Inf, Etc..

Planets
There should be a Front line on the planet, not just .. you got troops down.
Important buildings should be captured or Destroyed to break resistance.
Planets should have a Loyality amount so you can see if you need to put down any resistance. Or have more troops down.

You should liberate planets still loyal to your faction and Occupy planets loyal to other factions.

Planets with people who are not very loyal to your faction should quiet down when a player with a High Planets damaged stat comes along. Or Turn Rouge that much quicker.. or instead of Rouge .. how about to the Faction that they choose to be loyal to ... Or why not a differnt fleet?

I would like to See some kind of a graphic that makes worlds have more city lights the more population it gets.

Colony hub, should be able to be upgraded to City or metropolis.. or something..

I think im done for teh moment.. thanks for reading.. if anyone reads this .. lol

-Charz

Im reposting my suggestions over here in the hopes that they might get people thinking about and Inproving the way we play DS.

-Charz

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-10 17:05   
As if Richard Don't have enough to worry about with fixing the version we have for the next 5 years.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-10 20:59   
Quote:

On 2005-08-27 11:41, CharAznable wrote:
(Im reposting my suggestions over here in the hopes that they might get people thinking about and Inproving the way we play DS.

@Bandit, What about this statment didnt you understand? Where exactly in the Suggestions does it say Full?

Page created in 0.017798 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR