No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +23.6 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Hurriane Katrina Claims 900 Lives
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Hurriane Katrina Claims 900 Lives
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-01 07:18   
It saddens me to bring up this topic because Katrina tore apart my old home in Columbus Mississippi, where my grandma is currently at and i cant help but think what it must be like down there , my thoughts and prayers go out to the Victims and Familys of this Latest Hurricane.

More Importantly, im praying for the people who have to deal with the lack of Gas and Oil tanks that got destroyed in the gulf of Mexico. I cant help but cry for these people and pray that it gets better. And to make matters worse theres another hurricane coming in From The bahamas and i pray that one isnt as bad as katrina

Email GothThug {C?}
-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-01 14:17   
900 ?? i saw on news it was about 110

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-01 14:38   
It was probably 900 injured.

Still, thats a lot :/

Philky!

Posted: 2005-09-01 14:41   
Quote:

More Importantly, im praying for the people who have to deal with the lack of Gas and Oil tanks that got destroyed in the gulf of Mexico. I cant help but cry for these people and pray that it gets better. And to make matters worse theres another hurricane coming in From The bahamas and i pray that one isnt as bad as katrina

Is gas really that important now?

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-01 15:11   
Dont you be an arse ant.

Anyways, there isnt an exact number on how many dead, theres almost 1000 injured I think, possibly more, and many missing..I send my prayers to the people in the south.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-01 15:45   
Fats Dominoe is missing. He lived in the 9th Ward District of New Orleans, and his agent said that he was going to ride out the storm at home.

That area is now underwater completely. Fats was last heard from on Monday afternoon.

Also, something very very few people know about is the fact that there are MANY people in the south eastern section of Louisianna that do not have radio, tv, electricity, or even running water most of the time. They always live this way. They are hunters and fisherman and trappers, and they have lived in these areas for more than 200 years. They are called Cajuns. They also speak a branch of the French dialect. I worry about these people in particular. They would most likely never have known that the 'cane was coming, and the land is all swamp there anyways. Seeing the devastation in New Orleans and southern Mississippi, and knowing these folks are between New Orleans and the Gulf, I really think that they may have gotten it bad.

If you know the history of the Cajuns and Acadianna, you also probably know that they represent a very unique subculture in the United States. There are no others anywhere in the world. They have a very special and seperate culture than any other part of the country, right down to their customs and their language. Their gift to the world is Mardi Gras, that holiday that New Orleans is most noted for.

So in all the talk of the more populated areas being hit hard, I am afraid that nobody is thinking about these poor people. Please remember them when you remember the others.

Az.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-01 18:11   
we have Acadians in the maritimes here in canada, those are sort of similar to Acadianna, not exactly the same tho. they speak truer french then most quebecers

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-01 18:12   
we have Acadians in the maritimes here in canada, those are sort of similar to Acadianna, not exactly the same tho. they speak truer french then most quebecers

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-09-01 20:12   
Update: Fats was rescued.

Email Ramius
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-01 20:33   
apparently its actually beleived that thousands are dead or injured

also rather interesting are the looting and rescue stories. apparently, people are so frustrated at not being rescued quickly enough, that theyre shooting at people who come to rescue them for being so slow. either that, or theyre having so much good fortune looting they decided they didnt need it anymore. it also seems that police have started stealing SUVs and UHAUL trucks, because A) their police cars are underwater, but more importantly, B) trucks and SUVs can carry more loot. it seems the police have just turned into another gang, but with badges, and less weaponry.

on the "brightside" it seems american police dont have the same rule as canadian police, where youre required to wear a bulletproof vest while on duty. so atleast theyre not well armoured gang members or anything...

i guess it proves, that when it breaks down, it ALL breaks down...

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-01 21:36   
It saddens me as well that so much death and destruction has happened from a catagory 4 hurricane. I send my prays, my families prays, and my friends prayers to everyone and anyone who had family, friends, or live in the Gulf. It also saddens me that such little aid is coming to the Gulf when they need so much!! So many people are starving and looting and falling back towards a 3rd wrodl country scenario. I do wish well being for all who live there and i truly wish I could be there to help in the releif effort, but im just a kid, they wont let me in......

I'm sorry that I can't help there and I send my prayers, and what little funding I can give, to the relief effort there....

Bigwolfe
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-01 21:46   
it is the death toll...their is a saying meaning don't look down there, due to all the dead bodies floating...i've been told it's going to reach past 1000 easy

Email Bigwolfe
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-02 05:31   
yeah, and with people shooting at everything that moves its gonna be climbing too. some snipers were taking potshots at a freaking hospital. i honestly dont get it.

i hope as many lives are saved as is possible.

Roger Devil
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-02 13:13   
I'm also most saddened to hear about the destruction left by the hurricane, but I can't help but think that rescues could have gone much better had it not been for those sickos who would actually think of holding a gun at the moment, let alone using one to shoot at the rescue people.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-02 14:22   
Anyone who believes the news outright, for one, is doing a very idiotic thing.

Secondly, the only way to get accurate information is to be there yourself, and since we are not, I would be right in saying that 99% of all the stories you hear are either distorted for more drama or outright estimates, guesses, and rumors.

Rule #1 in American Media - The media will do anything to earn the extra dollar.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.038775 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR