Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » 482 vs 483....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author 482 vs 483....
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-05 00:08   
I've just about had it... I've tried to be positive, I've tried to say "Meph, lag happens." and "Meph, the patch will fix that." but these aren't the miniscule little player driven exploits that we "complained" about in 482...

9 flux? Flux that, who cares anymore - we can wipe out your entire system in the span of a lunch break! firing through cloak? Frack that! I'll uncloak and unleash 30 disruptor assaults on you from only THREE GUN PORTS!

ICC shields too weak? Lets overcompensate and make the ICC frigates & destroyers harder to kill than a pack of gafian with a recon scout!

I guess what I'm trying to say that if 483 was an experimental clone, it would have been destroyed, the process would have been outlawed, and the doctors would have been shot, stabbed, hung, and put on trial.

Now I know this entire game is coded by one man & the ships are managed by only one other... but thats all it would have taken to make 482 the best incarnation of DS since the pre SY days. Between ships that were actually FUN to fly and bombing & combat that was actually CHALLENGING there were only a VERY SELECT FEW flaws.

Flux, cloak, and some ship layout issues. THATS IT! THATS ALL! THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE MAJORLY WRONG WITH 482! I used to be one of the biggest supporters of the "483 will fix that!" Well I'm starting to see a trend here... because now I'm hearing a lot of "484 will fix that!" and the only thing that crops up into my hungover head is "we wouldn't need a 484 if we just went to 482.5, fixed the minor flaws in ship layouts & recoded the lag of the backend, which is now 10000 times worse!"

Oh yeah, remember the 482 complaints of lag? They ain't got JACK on 483's!

I know it will never happen. Faust will never roll back... but he has openly admitted that he is willing to take a page from the past books & reincarnate them for the new edition... so take the most important ones while you're re-reading the DS history novels, and fix the typos.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-05 00:25   
Quote:

...shot, stabbed, hung, and put on trial...

In that order?

-Ent

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-05 00:30   
[3letterword]clown =P

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-05 02:19   
Ever thought that you cant simply let the game be that way for all the time?
It's not possible to simply fix the last version and say that's it....people want new features, isn't that what keeps this game interesting? Look at my registration date....I wouldn't have been here so long, if DS would have stayed at any of the good versions we had

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-05 06:30   
And features can't be tacked onto an existing working & proven system... why?

Ulric Winters
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-05 07:17   
exactly

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-06 22:17   
Quote:

On 2005-09-05 02:19, DOM700 [-IMO-] wrote:
Ever thought that you cant simply let the game be that way for all the time?
It's not possible to simply fix the last version and say that's it....people want new features, isn't that what keeps this game interesting? Look at my registration date....I wouldn't have been here so long, if DS would have stayed at any of the good versions we had

Right now DS is like... "Try running a marathon, shooting your own foot every two minutes"

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-09-06 22:50   
compared to 480.....they both sucked........but thats MY opinion..

Email Fatal Command (CO)
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-06 23:15   
In my humble opinion roll back and fix the game while its still able to be fixed. I will not pay, donate, or anyting for that matter for a game that went from my favorite to my most hated.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-07 05:39   
Well the game died for me when Procyon 13-1555 and Procyon 13-1555-345 were renamed to Azchoo (?) and Gesundheit...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-07 15:14   
WHAT?!

My two favourite planets in the entire Metaverse are Achoo and Gesundheit! They are inspired names!

I even considered renaming myself in Achoo's honour.

We are many. We are one.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-07 15:39   
1480 was awesome.
1481-82 were... ok.
1483 could be nice, but sucks for a lot of reasons.

You know why 1480 was awesome and 1481-82 were only OK? Two reasons.
Shipyards.
And wormholes.

If you were to go back to 1482, fix the lag (or don't, it'll still be better than now), fix the few exploits (flux MDs), and remove the SYs and WHs... you get one heck of an awesome game!

I guess I just really, really, really, REALLY wish that more attention would be paid to the current version before working on the next one. Make the features we have now work before adding new ones.

Heck, I remember in 1481 (which was supposed to solely be a 'fix the lag' patch) Faustus seemingly randomly decided to totally revamp the build system (not that big a disaster, but uneccesary) and add SYs/WHs.

'wth?' is what was running through my mind.

And now we have the current version, which has its own host of problems, yet I haven't heard one peep about fixes besides the bombing bug, and a new modding system (on which no specific details have been given, so by using the power of pessimism I'm going to assume it's worse than the current one). Oh, and we get platforms! Yay! More unbalance to an unbalanced game. I only hope that SYs become platforms so we can blow the dang things up.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-09-07 21:26 ]

Email Bobamelius
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-07 18:46   
Beginning to love you Bob

I very much agree. Granted, I may not have been here since before shipyards and such, I sure as hell put have put enough time into this game since I have been here.

In my own opinion, this current version should have been held back. The lead person "whatever Gideon's actual function was ) left before the job was done. Then his work was handled with too much fear of deviation. I remember the thread about "should they be afraid to tweak Gideon's code" or something like that. I'm too lazy to look it up. (backslash will find it. He has that damn youthful energy) But between the different folks working on it, and what has come to be released....I just think more time should have been put into it.

I could more easily pull up the threads just WEEKS prior to this version's release, when =Wolf= fleet and GTN and others were BEGGING for people to get into beta. You boneheads were so busy fluxxing each other to tears. Look at the posts in the Beta side forum. There was MASSIVE discusion over what was happening with the new version, from the times and costs of modifications to the superpowers of the ICC frigates and dessies.

So if you didn't get into beta to help test the version we currently have, you have yourselves to blame as much or even more than anyone on the DS dev staff. They only had our feedback to work with, and there wasn't alot of it.

Now they probably get more than enough though.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-07 18:59   
Lil bit much to hope for bobby...

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-07 21:09   
Quote:

On 2005-09-07 18:46, Azreal wrote:
There was MASSIVE discusion over what was happening with the new version, from the times and costs of modifications to the superpowers of the ICC frigates and dessies.

They only had our feedback to work with, and there wasn't alot of it.

Az

A little contradicting aint it.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026107 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR