Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » 482 vs 483....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author 482 vs 483....
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-09 14:37   
Hey its not my fault that the beta didnt work on my pc!!! besides if we fix this version we can then complain about the problems, only then though

Philky!

Posted: 2005-09-09 16:18   
Great post |2eason. I could have said it better myself, but I am too lazy to write such long post.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-09 16:20   
And now that reason has poked his head out I feel compelled to get this one locked...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Philky!

Posted: 2005-09-09 16:22   

[ This Message was edited by: Antdizzle on 2005-09-09 16:22 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-10 01:04   
I Came back from being banned for the latter half of 1.482 and i liked it even tho the lag sucked to high heaven... also before i got banned i was part of 1.480 to 1.481 and i liked it then too. so whats changed with this version? the weapons and the combat and the bombing and the building

5 points i'd like resolved in the next version

l. the return of Cloud/Steam Bombing
2. the removal of shipyards and wormholes and upgrades they are such a joke in my opinion
3. The Removal of Fighter bases because ships carry fighters and we dont need countless lag with more fighters from planets Jebus...
4. Change the QST into something Less Threatening like a QT Quantum Torpedo one that you see in star trek lol
5. Make The Hull/Armor Stronger On Kluth Ships.

it sickens me to death that i see one player after the other Unsub and then down this game it saddens me that 1 of 7 players has the Gall to say "this game is the Ghetto of all games" and i aint giving away the players name because GTN has them as his lackey and they know who he is lol anyways peace

Email GothThug {C?}
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-09-10 01:59   
im for one have not lost confidence in Richard.

as i see it, he just has been listening to the wrong advisors.

he has a limited number of players that unbiased, can see the whole game mechanism at work , at his disposal.

and with introducing more variables into the game (shipyards, device upgrade system) , things only got worse.

it has had its downs.

i remember a version where to build in ds you should almost have a engineer degree to do building, but funny enough didn’t make the game balance bad as it is now.

as always, Richard asked around, if we would prefer a simpler building scheme, all he asked agreed on this.

how we ended up back to making things to complicated againa few years later , i can only speculate about , but think the reason is in the first few lines of this text.

that the game as it is now is mostly unplayable to me, i have reached the point where i cant compensate for bugs and balances with my skill only, unless i go out bombing, just a side effect " the lost sight of the big picture"

i still believe that it will come up on top, i just select to view the game as a work in progress , as all should.

one thing that could be done, drop the beta , release all new code on the main servers "just like in the old days" let those that still play DS come with their input and bug reports right away.

DS worked better when any changes to the game system was noticed right away, by all DS players and not just a selected few, that by mistake dropped in on the beta server or have access to alpha.

Ds development have always been based on input from all players , moving away from this way, is the biggest mistake of all.

im not ready to raise the tombstone "R.I.P Darkspace" yet

- ragg rant out

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-09-10 02:10   
Quote:

On 2005-09-09 16:20, Coeus wrote:
And now that reason has poked his head out I feel compelled to get this one locked...

<3

- |2eason the retired -
Former Darkspace Developer and Former Palestar Staffmember

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-10 02:11   
Agree'd with ragg.

Or have two MV's.

One main, one previous version.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-10 09:15   
Yeah I was hoping this would be locked before you could heart me to death

I'd like nothing better than to see a state rollback to 480 or 482 (minus SYs) but Faust has said that'll never happen. He'll take lessons from older versions (resources & whatnot) but never a complete rollback.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-10 09:19   
Quote:

On 2005-09-09 14:34, |2eason wrote:
The peak of DS was December 16th, 2001, the last day before DS was going to go pay to play.

Even though the first versions had only Cygnus and fewer abilities, they were fun.......so something got lost

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-10 11:48   
Quote:

On 2005-09-10 02:11, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

Or have two MV's.

One main, one previous version.

Ive found myself thinking the same thing over this summer. But what i really want is a alternate DS universe more along the lines of Realism. Still Having the normal Mv, but then having another Darkspace MV Varriant, where the planets would be made to scale (as close as the game settings would allow for). This Varriant would probably be just a few stars or maybe a handfull.

I would really like to see Darkspace with gravity, reverse thrusters, a Y-axis, Actually fuzzy nebula and not one painful to look at, Yaw control, more sensor options (like being able to scan planets, then get a reading of what kind of buildings are down there). Not being able to see what Earth has on in it while im parked at Extartha. Shipyards in Space, Stations that are Stationary. Fighters not being kin to tolliet paper. Being able to redirect a FTL destination while in the Jump. getting rid of the circles and smoke from a jump. getting rid of that small box of stars arround the ship. Interdictors needing to set a frequency or stoping all ships from jumping and not just the enemy. But basicly alot of the things I like about DS, only with the bar set realisim.

-Charz

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-10 20:27   
Quote:

I would really like to see Darkspace with gravity, reverse thrusters, a Y-axis, Actually fuzzy nebula and not one painful to look at, Yaw control, more sensor options (like being able to scan planets, then get a reading of what kind of buildings are down there). Not being able to see what Earth has on in it while im parked at Extartha. Shipyards in Space, Stations that are Stationary. Fighters not being kin to tolliet paper. Being able to redirect a FTL destination while in the Jump. getting rid of the circles and smoke from a jump. getting rid of that small box of stars arround the ship. Interdictors needing to set a frequency or stoping all ships from jumping and not just the enemy. But basicly alot of the things I like about DS, only with the bar set realisim.

-Charz

wow. if that was done, darkspace would lag soo muucchh.

but it would be fun

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-09-17 17:36   
Yep this version is not worth playing in my opinion. I liked the prior versions and actually had quite a bit of fun playing them too.

With my limited time I'd rather play other games than DS now.

I can understand both aspects of the development of DS, programing and game design since back in the day I've done both.

The way the versions are being released is primarily for the benifit of ease of code writing (this aspect also addresses lag issues). This however causes a BIG problem for game design, specificly bugs, exploits, and balance issues.

Of course in a perfect world both work in tandem to create a playable game. I think however for a number of reasons not enough attention is being paid to making sure that the game is playable in its current form.

This game thrives on people liking the current game as it stands (for me past versions). A small change here and there is cool. But the problem with making huge changes is the unknown. Look at how many bugs, exploits, and balance issues came up in this new verison.

I'm guessing the motivation behind this is the, "new and improved version" will draw more people. Or from a game developer angle its to tweek the game constantly (in a large way). That's fun for the developer since you can impliement all your ideas. But it may not be liked by your player base.

In a game where you want to address lets just say balance issues. You would change small parts of the game to see what happens. If it helps then you keep it. If it makes it worse, you know exactly what you have to take out to make it better.

Its kind of like an expieriment. If you have 100 changes then you have 100 possible reasons for why the game is unbalenced. Change a couple things and you know what failed and what worked.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-17 20:08   
@Reddoggy, IMHO, the Main reason why this version hit the fan was that shoving it out was more inportant than testing it. You can still go over to the beta and look at the development threads and clearly see how they expected it to be fine.

So in alot of ways this "unplayable version" is not seen that way. Take the Issue with Leveling up one's equipment for example. People asked repeatedly if missions or another way to be able to make money were going to be put in along with this steep increase in the cost of modifications. The answer that we all got back was NO, "There are plenty of ways to make money." So everyone who tested the beta figured out what they were going to spend their savings on and then did so in the first few weeks. Untill Finnally Faustus had Either given in or decided that "There werent plenty of ways to make Credits" cus people bithced whined or nagged people to death. And now the system of leveling everything up doesnt matter due to the fact Everyone can mod everything. Asuming that they have a high enough surplus to mod the larger ships.

Alot of times I really wonder why I even bother, Then i realize that I havent found a new space game to move along to. Should I have gone with the Mass Exodus over to EvE online? Yeah i probably should have, cus maybe then I wouldnt care so much about haveing a 3 yr old acct here, Unfortunatly this is now my benchmark.

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-17 20:40   
Quote:

On 2005-09-10 09:15, Coeus wrote:
Yeah I was hoping this would be locked before you could heart me to death

<3

And the current version itself is not so bad for lag, it was the change that came a few days. I can't recall what exactly it was. Changed some handling to serverside? Someone please help me with this one.

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031522 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR