No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Construction
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Construction
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-13 12:05   
I know this has probably been brought up before but it seems that constructions prestige should be increased, especially now since glassing a planet is so easy to do not many actually want to build.

Construction should in my opinion give as much prestige as oh say supping, which is 2.5x instead of just 1x. Construction is such a boring and time consuming endeavor it should be worth the toil.

-Lacro
(Vive Le Cussion de Whoopee)

[ This Message was edited by: The Lacrosseian {=CSA= Mascot} on 2005-09-13 12:16 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-13 12:14   
Word (agree'd).

Not 2.5x, but deffinatly more...

Razor
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-13 12:18   
Can I get an "Amen" from the congregation?

AMEN!

We are many. We are one.

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-09-13 13:45   
Totally agreed, building prestige should be increase since we are spending too much time building give us a reason to do it with a smile on our faces

Email James Bum007
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-13 14:09   
I spent about an hour on one planet, got roughly 10 prestige. Scrapping penalty should be decreased, too, as anyone building will scrap too.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-13 14:24   
There needs to be several changes made to building, this hardly being the least among them. Another being an "Upgrade" button. This has long been sought after to decrease the amount of scrapping that has to be done.

Email Tbone
AlleyCat
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2005-09-13 14:28   
As someone said in another post (could not find right now) there should be structure upgrades to reduce/eliminate scraping for building, this would greatly help.

Email AlleyCat
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-13 16:04   
Upgrade button aswell please!

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-13 17:04   
Quote:

On 2005-09-13 14:28, AlleyCat wrote:
As someone said in another post (could not find right now) there should be structure upgrades to reduce/eliminate scraping for building, this would greatly help.

Couldn't find it? I said it right above yours

Email Tbone
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-13 17:18   
*hands out glasses*

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-13 18:24   
Double... at least

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-14 00:20   
Well I see people agree for once.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-14 00:21   
Why is this an issue now? I don't know that this has been suggested before - so why now?

And, if you say that its to respond to the ease of bombing - why not fix that problem, rather than an effect of it? I would think the underlying causes are more important to deal with that a few repercussions.

Email Mithrandir
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-14 08:24   
Often, when you stress a system enough, the weaknesses will appear. The bombing problem has now put sufficient strain on the engineers that these problems surface.

The reality is, there SHOULD be a difference between upgrading and scrapping. The way I see engineering prestige gain is as follows:

• Determine a base prestige gain for each building.
  • Set a x2 and a x3 multiplier if upgrading to L2 and L3 buildings respectively.
  • Make damaged buildings repairable. This might be a feature already, but I don't know about it, and right now, I have to scrap them and rebuild if they get damaged. The math should be pretty easy - %damage repaired * base prestige * multiplier for level
  • Scrapping buildings should result in a prestige reduction of 3x-5x the base prestige * level multiplier
  • Rush building should yield the same experience as slow-building does now.

--

The point here is to encourage building and upgrading, and discourage people from scrapping planets out of sabotage.

EDIT: Another idea - make all buildings upgradeable. Including colony hubs, barracks (more experienced troops, or faster production), domes (more population or better power efficiency), factories (faster production) and starports (faster resource trade).

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-09-14 08:28 ]

We are many. We are one.

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-14 12:30   
Quote:

On 2005-09-14 08:24, Arcanum {C?} wrote:

• Determine a base prestige gain for each building.

***This already is incoperated***

• Set a x2 and a x3 multiplier if upgrading to L2 and L3 buildings respectively.

***I agree whole heartedly***

• Make damaged buildings repairable. This might be a feature already, but I don't know about it, and right now, I have to scrap them and rebuild if they get damaged. The math should be pretty easy - %damage repaired * base prestige * multiplier for level

***Buildings do repair themselves over time currently in the game but I would like to be able to repair the building faster with the construction drones AND get some pres for it.***

• Scrapping buildings should result in a prestige reduction of 3x-5x the base prestige * level multiplier

***Good Idea! BUT if you continue to have the current scap and rebuilt set up WITHOUT the upgrade building option this would not be fesable... since you are gaining a max of x3 pres for L3 base and you would say get a x5 pres penalty for scraping that same building you are losing faster than you can gain... a major pres loss like that while good to prevent sabatures could nor be used unless there is an upgrade building button.***

• Rush building should yield the same experience as slow-building does now.

***Building is building.... But people should take more time in thier work, but that is me...***

The point here is to encourage building and upgrading, and discourage people from scrapping planets out of sabotage. <---AGREED!

EDIT: Another idea - make all buildings upgradeable. Including colony hubs, barracks (more experienced troops, or faster production), domes (more population or better power efficiency), factories (faster production) and starports (faster resource trade).

***YES! YES! YES! I agree! Each upgrade makes that building more efficiant... this would allow some quick building but much more pres if you take the time to build it... An L3 building should be more efficiant than a L1***

[ This Message was edited by: Rocko Willis on 2005-09-14 12:31 ]

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030001 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR