No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Rankings.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Rankings.
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-22 07:20   
yesterday, i did the dirty and resigned from the Kluth, Two years plus i played and slowly moved up the ladder to approx 150 in the pecking order.
My pres was hard earned, i am not the best pilot on the planet, but take pride in being the worst, (someone has to be, may as well be me).
i love combat, but am rubbish at it, I like building and sup, but can get boring and i hate Mirvs with a passion. Bios are god, Mirvs are the devil.

Since the last update i have lost 50 places, now im barely scrapping the bottom of the FA ranks. I am last again. If i had carried on then i would loose my hard earned rank and teh ships that go with it.

Recently i have seen youngsters reaching admiral rankings within a month, totally due to either MIRVING or running uber dessies, that take out kluth dreads in a matter of minutes. Both of these are to my mind against the ROC in that they clearly exploits.

Now i am flying a command Dread Uggie, Nice beast, can level a planet with Def 15 in a matter of minutes. Can build it up as well,
But to my mind its not right. My pres starting to climb again though.
Until i got mullered in Ross by an ICC Assault Dread, two Cruisers and a something i did not see. But that was fine and dandy and fair and above board. I fully accept that, and is in the spirit of the game. (Gits)

I lost that Dread after playing for about four hours. Not a problem. If i was still a Kluth i would have lost and did the night before about 3 dreads and a cruiser or two in the same space of time doing exactly the same things as i was doing before. That cant be right.
I feel that the misbalance of the Kluth is causing major headaches within the Faction, torn between loyalty to the clan and their flying buddies. And their loss of pres over the last couple of months.

We also need a update from the Development team as to what is happening regards our future gaming experience. Just a word that things are being looked at or sorted out would be nice. An acknowledgement that things will change, or at least they recognise that their are problems.
Lag is not an issue at my end now, so well done on that, but an work in progress post would be nice.

Thanks for listening.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-09-22 13:24   
second that

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-22 13:56   
also, when one plays as a midshipman in the newbie verse and ICC and UGTO fleets are full, one would chose K'luth..except if one knows that the k'luth scouts are pathetically weak....even the frig's are abit underpowered...before 483, the k'uth were the first fleets to be filled up...i know, because i went there first...but now, if i can't be ICC or UGTO in newbie, i just leave because as a midshipman, i can't really do anything besides loose stats and potential prestige.

-MD

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-09-22 14:17   
agreed, kluth scouts suck.
i think just fixing mirving and fighter spam will solve a hell of a lot off problems.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-22 14:21   
During my brief stay with the K'luth, I'll agree with Downey that they did seem very much like underdogs.

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-09-22 14:50   
And you see what we play with, that is why we are this good

Email James Bum007
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-22 22:07   
You're not the boss of me, now.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-23 01:37   
Ya its kinda rediculus when you play for 2+ years to build up your stats and someone in "2 weeks" destroys it in a matter of days because of some crap this game dishes out.
Absalutaly absurd thats all I have to say about it...

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-23 03:39   
ya my clan up and went ICC but im just too in love with the new cloak (dispite eccm pinging and beacons) to leave luth... though it is realy hard to make any head way with the pres (as i dont bomb any more)...
forced to pick on small ships flying by them selfes... mandy + 15 rupters, 7 torps, 6 A-rupters for the insta kill... rather sad... forced to fight small ships due to it being impractical to take on another dread one on one... ead is the only dread ill take on one on one due to the paper thin rear armor...

manage to make enough of a pres gain to hold steady but im not seeing GA ever at the rate (took a long time and a lot of lost bombers/supplys to get FA)... besides picking on small ships is not fun... the only fun part about it is if there are other ships looking for your blood for killing their supply or engy...

real fleet engagements are rare as at lest 1/4 of the players on are building nuked planets, 1/2 are bombers looking for planets to nuke (i mean cap, ya thats it), 1/8 are combat looking for a fight that just never seems to come (other than the bomber that is long gone by the time you can respond) and the rest scouts/frigs just running around trying to figure out wth they are doing...

sorry "F"... ill stop complaning now... dont want to turn you off from your dream (been my dream too for years, what a wonderful supprise to see that someone did it)... all in all it is good but just a few things went wrong that killed the fun...

and whats with this "in two weeks" i keep seeing every where... some running jk?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-23 10:10   
Quote:

On 2005-09-23 03:39, Thorium wrote:

and whats with this "in two weeks" i keep seeing every where... some running jk?

Two Weeks is a trademark of the PaleStar corporation and in no way represents any given amount of time and may include any time frame up to and including infinity.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2005-09-23 10:20   
The issue is being worked on ASAP....

Goto the website of Faustus
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-23 15:50   
<3 "F"

oh ya... i rebember that now... hehe 2 weeks

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-03 13:24   
Just an update from an extremeley peeved punter.
Couldnt stay away from Kluth.
Rejoined sunday, played today, built for a while, lost press, rapid death, followed by humiliation, followed by NIM, followede by lost pres, followed by Kluth bombing sucking worse than my granny with her teeth out, followed by lost pres, followed by a clavate being about as much use as a light house in the desert, followed by troops not landing when i resort to using bios, folowed by poxxy ittle dessies whooping the ass of of my Dread, followed by lost pres, followed by DEMOTION.
And tops says and i quote "back to Kluth then Downey??" NO. Admiral Downey is sacking it, keep the bloody inequalities im going MIRVING. Might get my rank back. Why do we bother building for a hour when we loose pres etc etc etc etc etc
I could go on but i wont, Im going Mirving, And it wont be the Kluth i Mirv, itll be the uggies, why, because its easy pickings, sorry to say but i have always avoided the icc, bit kie the royal familiy, to well bloody protected and up their own COUGH
End of rant.
PS. Nim i hate you. KISS KIss.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-03 13:29   
Cue Lock.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-03 14:09   
Which bit of the truth do you not like slash???
Which bit of darkspace gave you moral rights to suggest locking threads when people are stating factual things that are wrong??
Which bit of you feels you need to make decisions for moderators??

Why can you not see the faults in the game? Is it because you dont fly Kluth???

Which bit of you needs to get a (edited for it is against the rules of conduct)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024000 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR