No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Rankings.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Rankings.
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-03 14:10   
Which reminds me, where do you want the cue stuffed??? so it gets locked???

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-03 14:13   
Which reminds me, where do you want the cue stuffed??? so it gets locked???

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-10-03 14:17   
jack, seriously, go play a little more (we need you online noob! not hanging around in the lobby and forum) and act a little less like your a mod/allaroundforumorlobbyguid(e?)

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-03 15:08   
To be fair, I think he was referring to the "sucking worse than my grandmother.." and the ass reference, plus the couple cases of narrowly avoided swearing.

I don't think - though I'm not a resident of BackSlash's brain, so I could be wrong - he was really saying anything about the theme of your post calling for a lock.

He's just placing a bet...

Chill out everyone.

Email Shigernafy
Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-03 18:13   
You just havent learned to use it properly yet, kluth bombers r the best in game imo, esp the clav

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-10-03 18:16   
It took me two years for my bombing score..It's taken a few people less than three months to blow mine away..:/ sad times for people who bombed in way earlier versions..

Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-03 18:28   
@Crimson...Did you know that if an admin was to remove all the bombing stats, u'll end up with -158.1375prestige?

EDIT: thats minus 158.1375

[ This Message was edited by: Nim {C?} on 2005-10-03 18:29 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-10-03 18:34   
Yeah, but i've relied on bombing for two years, not bloody two weeks -.- I gained most when you got 50 or so for bio-bombing, if you even did it right..

Nim *
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-03 18:36   
i got over 115k like that, imagine how i feel lol

EDIT: also we had to deal with the lag (should explain my high planet collisions )

[ This Message was edited by: Nim {C?} on 2005-10-03 18:37 ]

Roger Devil
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-03 18:40   
Actually, on a slight sideline here, I know how everyone's complaining about bombing being too easy nowadays, but may I suggest that there're people who used to find bombing too tough (and therefore avoided it altogether) have now been induced to the art and consequently has improved their skills in this area significantly? I think that myself for one, has gotten much better at bombing and would be confident of doing it even if Faust suddenly decided to revert to the old version. Even if nothing else positive springs up, I'd like to say that I for one have been benefitted.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-04 02:22   
Quote:

On 2005-10-03 15:08, Shigernafy wrote:
though I'm not a resident of BackSlash's brain

You're not?

What the hell is that voice then?

@Downey

We all need to blow a bit of steam now and then, I just thought your post was rather, close to the boundaries, and usualy that sort of thing gets locked. Extreme negativity is not something that is good for people to keep talking about, and that's what the admins/mods stride to do (keep the moral of the place going and such).

I wasn't saying it because it was you, it was just nature of the post, that's all. I'm sorry if you felt I was insulting you.

And yes, like anyone who has been here a long time, I don't particularly like seeing the game insulted and such. Granted it has problems, but they are being fixed. Making a rant, just to blow of steam is fine, but like I said, allowing it to carry on is a bit pointless, as many of the things you talked about, are being fixed.

@Sixkiller
Girlfriend

- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-10-04 02:22 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-04 08:01   
I'm sorry, but let's review a thing or two....

When this version was still in beta, we told them of the issues that would come up, and the buggs that we found. It was still released.

The ECCM ping has been allowed to continue unabated, even tho it is a CLEAR exploit. A hotfix could have taken care of this.

Bombing is bugged. This version has been out how long now?? And this has been there since it was released. A hotfix coulda taken care of this.

Ship arc buggs are still existant, which creates all kinds of hell with ICC particularly during combat. A hotfix coulda taken care of this.

Kluth's lack of ECM ability, coupled with the weaker armor, coupled with the buggy cloak, makes their offensive capabilities almost nill, and the bombing capabilities are basically all fighters, unless you can scrounge up an extra 15 ecm slots.

Mines are useless, scanners worthless, ELF costs more to use than the benefits it gives, and Kluth 'rupters are just for giving off pretty lightshows.

How about that JD bug? Dunno if it effects Humans. If a Kluth carries that spare AHR to swap for cloak, he has to wait till he's fully repped to switch back to cloak, or his JD buggs out. Apparently can't figure out that even though the device I swapped out was on, my cloak is not. So it won't allow JD to engage. Died a good 10x before I figured that out.

And this is my short list of issues.

I have played going on 2 years, and I have never disliked the game as much as this. I don't wanna flame it, hate to see it done. I wanna see this game grow. But we have to have a game that works. And yes, when Vets blow a gasket in the forums, especially a player like Downey, it is not good. Downey is one of the quieter players I've played with. Seems to either hate typing or hate talking, dunno which, but I seldom see Downey say much at all. So when the guy gets a bad run of things, I can understand when he comes in here to blow up. We worked hard to get where we are, and for the most part, debate it if you want, a Kluth's pres climb is nearly a verticle climb. And if you talk to ANY K'luth, the only ones heading positive direction in prestige seems to be the ones bombing. Honestly, I am amazed anytime I log in and see any Kluth there at all.

I miss combat. I guess that is why I say all this. Where are the real fleet battles now? It's bombdy bombdy bomb, and it's just...ridiculously monotonous. And at this point I refuse to build anymore. Except for the occasional depot and barracks, I don't see the point. I'm going to make it a fleetwide thing too. All planets built up only enough for a few barracks and a depot or two, and lock it. The only way I can see to stop all this bombing is to take all the pres out of it. Bombing 10 structure planets, all low tech...maybe that will do the trick....

Az.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-04 08:35   
i agree, bring combat back to its potential and not sneaking around bombing home systems for prestige

Email GothThug {C?}
UNI0N
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-04 08:51   
And the Saga continues.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-05 16:42   
Tonites episode, And its good.

tonite i thought i would play around with Bombing. Not something i usually do but, hey, So i join Uggies, die alot. One command dread into a planet that was in my way when on auto pilot to orbit another but hey, such is life.

wasnt working for me, so i commit a sin, I join back to Kluth, in the same night, yes i know its bad, i know ill go to hell, but as i said it was play around with bombing nite.

First planet, in a clavate, with MIRVs, (yes i committed another sin) wasted, Me thinks, this is to easy, (Now remember i am the worst pilot in the village) |||Suddenly up pops NIM, Dictor beacon DEAD. Pay atention me not Nim.
MMM.

Ok ill get my big guns out, cos my ships bigger than your ship time. MUHAHAHAHAHA. Ganglia, Fully modded, Neutrons this time, plus 6 ECM (see i can be good). Jump in to a totally different System, millions and i mean millions of miles from Nim the Impalers last known sighting and up pops Nim who must not be named. Again in a dictor.
Right methinks time to die little weed,
OOPS in comes a battle Dread and a incy wincy likkle corvette and yep i DIED. Even with 6 ECM plus my cloak. Who is Nim???? Eric Bristow???

At this stage, still crying from tears of laughter, and seeing my pres dip below 40,000. Methinks, well time to take up LUDO. But no i persevere. I head into Briareus in Kapetyns, Time to Muller the Iccies methinks, Another Ganglia with ECM spouting from every orifice, and nuetrons. weeeeeee i cant fail.
I start my run and Bleep, up pops NO NOT NIM, tis worse, Tis Taxi in a Assault Dread. Damn im toast methinks. BUt no, I bravely fight on. And to be fair, it was/is one on the best duels i have fought one on one, IT WAS FAIR, No uber reactive armour, Cloak even against shields and hull and the other thing ADs have. lots of circling and ECM and Cloak and uncloak and manouvreing, Kluths reload playing off aginst planetary depots. Nobody running away,
A good stand up nose to nose Dread vs Dread fight.
Excellent.
Now thats what DS is about.
Right im off to the shops to buy some pres, cant get any here.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025408 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR