Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » How to Fix DS Almost Instantly
 Author How to Fix DS Almost Instantly
spatula
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-25 01:26   
I think that the quickest thing that you could do to restore some of DS's glory is to add 1 layer of armor to all dreads and 2 layers of armor to all stations. Right know as it is i can get in a Missle Dread and jump bout 300 gu away from another dread lets say that its a UGTO Battle Dread. In 1 volley from upgraded missles (20 IT and 3 PCM) I can punch through armor completely after the 2nd volley Im already doing hull damage. While this is nice I believe that it is way too easy. Missles launched from ships should move faster so they dont work as well at close range. At the current speed as I said above I can kill anybody at close range as long as they are about 200 away any closer and I'll start to miss and eventualy at 100 i wont be able to shoot. Either increase the speed of missles or make them have a range of 300+ to stop them from being any good at close range. But mainly just add armor to dreads and stations and make ablaitive armor standard 1st layer on UGTO dreads and stations to help reduce damage from missle, torp, and cannon hits.

Email spatula
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-09-25 04:11   
it gets worse, what if instead of missiles those were all torps....

FAdm. Tim Webbers *S1*
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-09-25 10:24   
Lol. If I were on the receiving end, I'd rather them be torps. Maybe I'd actually have a chance of getting away!

My suggestion:

Get rid of missiles and return torps that track. Remove fighters that launch missiles that your ship can track.

Pretty simple.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-25 14:32   
Please put your opinions in the proper area Thanks!

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-26 09:35   
It seems to me that what should be looked at, when dealing with the lag, is fighters and missles.

Alot has been discussed as far as how to deal with the planetary fighter ability. I have an idea. Instead of building say 6 def 3 bases and 2 or 3 fighter3 bases, have it where you only build 1 of each. Using a ship with a build, you can, technology level allowing, upgrade to the next level. I would sorta compare the concept to the way you upgrade building in Age of Empires type games.

To me this would allow a few things that are needed. First it would allow the developers to limit the amount of fighters and missles a planet is capable of loosing. Second, it would remove the scrap penalty that has become the bane of all who swing a hammer. Third, I can't think of a third atm, but it will come to me...

Now. That would settle 15 fighters every 20 seconds flying off the rocks around you, and the missles that are being hurled at you as well. So what about the fighetr and missle spam from players?

To me, it always seemed wrong that a carrier can be combat AND a fighter base as well. Same with dreads. Make missles only loadable to a missle cruiser. Make fighters only available on a carrier. If it is up close combat, make them only modable for torps, cannons and beams.

Anyways, def bases can be just as diverse as they are now, and it could open up oportunies for new torp and missle options I suppose. Just a few random thoughts.....

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-26 10:50   
I think what Az means is that we need to get rid of the strange setups and straighten em out so minimum gun modding is needed to achieve it's intended purpose efficiently on the battlefield.

Page created in 0.010455 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR