No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » lack of information(faustus or admin)
 Author lack of information(faustus or admin)
Topbum (England)
Marshal
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2005-09-25 12:02   
As lot of you know i`ve been playing since december 2001 and not one for making many posts. But its getting to the stage where i`m thinking of looking for another game to play( no great loss you might say). I love this game and all its player base,on the most part brilliant community,but for the love of god at least keep us informed when things go wrong,we ask MODS,they dont know,we ask an admin if he shows himself or makes himself known,but we rarely see one when MV is down.So in short please give a broadcast now and again,just to reassure ppl your doing what you can.I realise you making a broadcast stops you working on the problem,but at least we would be informed.

P.S. my only other problem is if i cant find another game i`ll have to sit downstairs watching TV with the wife,and we dont want that to happen do we:p

Tops

Email Topbum (England)
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-09-25 12:05   
Not to push you away..but Navyfield seems like an awsome game.

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-25 12:24   
There is somekind of Space ship game beyond the lobby? what madness is this?

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-25 13:32   
Heh, I could do with some more communication from higher-ups as well.

*Goes back to playing Navy Field*

Email Bobamelius
Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-25 14:01   
This is becoming a serious issue. The weekends are usually the time when most people can play this game. And yet the game has been down for most of Sunday for three consecutive weeks.

This is _very_ bad faith on the part of the providers, especially because no apology, remedy or even an explanation is made.

Our player base is unfortunately getting used to the sound of silence, and now take it for granted that this should be the case, but in all fairness, this is plain unacceptable.

Not only have we not received a single update in a very long time, but now, there's hardly a peep out of admins or Faustus when the server goes down for hours on end.

It's rather disappointing.

We are many. We are one.

Parkertime
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-25 14:32   
I agree. Also found found this reading the RoC.

Game Officials / Staff
Game Officials are generally Players and/or PaleStar employees who fulfill a particular functional role in the DarkSpace Community which supports the infrastructure of the DarkSpace Game System. They fall into the following general categories and basic purposes:
PaleStar Employees - Provide for the existence, maintenance, and continued development of the DarkSpace Game System, the DarkSpace Community, and its associated infrastructure.
Administrators - Maintain critical game functionality and integrity, as well as serve as DarkSpace Community leaders who organize and maintain the integrity of the community.
Moderators - Aid Players, police Game Communication Facilities and Game Instances for abuse, maintain certain information sources (like the FAQ or manual), and provide help for problems encountered with the operation of the game as well as answer Player questions. Moderators may have specific areas of expertise about which they are known to provide accurate advice. However, they are not expected to be a replacement for the many information sources found in the game, including the FAQ, the Manual, and the Knowledge Base. Their presence serves to augment the existing information base and to resolve issues that Players may encounter with the game or each other.
Server Operators - Run / maintain the hardware platform and the configuration for DarkSpace Game Instances.

So if we have to follow the RoC shouldn't they?

DEATH ANGEL
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-25 15:39   
yeah ds was down saterday morning wasnt really happy about that

KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-26 02:06   
i for one think they are doing a good job ... considering it's just tael and Faustus doing all the coding ... althought i don't like this version very much i think they still did a good job .... and btw when have you seen the mv down for a lonnng period of time... (other than when a update or verion was just released)

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Page created in 0.014481 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR