No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a small change to building
 Author a small change to building
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-26 17:08   
as we all know building takes a long time. to try and build as fast a posable we drop all the building in more or less waves...

ie. collony racks domes farms power research and then move on to another and do the same... wate for the tec to come up and finsh building (remaining bulding droped in the same maner)...

the preblem is you only get pres if you build each and every building useing the build to speed the constrution... if you just drop the building and move on leting them build on their our you gain nothing...

building by droping and moveing on can make you lose pres do to the scraping required...

building the buildings useing the build to speed the construction (one building at a time) will gross you over 100 pres (nice sum for building one planet imo) but has the major draw back of takeing much longer...

suggest pres gain per building instead of pres gain for building...

oh man... hope that makes sence...

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 01:35   
I have to agree with it, its really bad having to choose between the pres and a fully built planet if there is no time to build all the planets right with the build drones

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 03:26   

Actually dropping (insertion from orbit) structures from engineers sounds like an interesting gameplay perspective. While at it, review how buildings are handled in the game?

Let's rewrite the structures code! Schedule verbs! (Wait, he did that!) Layer and modularize the game system! Dynamic Zone management, instead of semistatic maps.. Game managing (not just mastering) instead of players managing the game!

Paula want cookie.

Good job to those who keep the community alife, they know what you represent, hopefully.

Power to the Free Market!
Greetings also go to the UK who were not so stupid as to buy a certain product i -no longer- have anything to do with

Bye again.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 10:28   
I'll have to check this out. I have NEVER waited for one structure to finish before moving on to the next, It is not uncommon for me to have 20 - 32 structures on the planets before the 1st one is even complete........yet I have never noticed and pres loss due to Scrapping nor noticed NOT gaining pres due to "speed building" But then...I only have 4312 construction and have not paided much attention or given much to my prestige since the rank of Captain.

The decision to Wait on the structure or Build quickly, has always been a non-issue for me. I always Build it fast, build it right, move on.

Page created in 0.024487 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR