Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Veterans preventing new players from learning.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Veterans preventing new players from learning.
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-27 20:01   
Right now, this game is very harsh on newbies, moreso than before for numerous factors. The difference in firepower from the dread down to the scout is a lot more significant than it was pre 1483. Defenses are stronger too, even more than they ever were, unless you talk about K'luth's fubared dessies and lower ships. Also now you REQUIRE money to have a DECENT ship in newbie or "admiral" while back then all you had to do, was a pick a ship and go fight it out.

I remember going from midshipman to captain and gaining the gold combat badge in ONE week back in 1480 only playing in the newbie/fleet admiral servers. Doing this right now, getting to captain in one week using only ships damaged points would be next to impossible.

Modules don't NEED levels...

As for some vets wreaking havoc in the newbie servers owning noobs left and right, I wish I knew who you are talking about Jack, it'd be my pleasure to pimp slap him around.

If you have any questions regarding combat tactics, feel free to PM me or ask your question in the forums. I'll be glad to help you.

[ This Message was edited by: Diabo|ik on 2005-09-27 22:38 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-09-27 21:27   
All you have to do, if somebody is being unsportsmanlike, is /report.

On the other hand learn what they are doing. If you want slow paced, that is MV...Newbie is a scenario w/ a few hour time limit.

If I'm on and you neeed help just ask. I may come in newbie and kill the gang off for you. And for free. I wouldn't gain pres. But I do play some on newbie to scout for fleet.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-09-28 01:47   
when i was a newb( not that im still not a newb) i mined in mv right around sol it was quiet and no one bothered me untill i had a enough money to mod my first frigate once i did that i went back back to newbie to kill other newbs ..lol

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-09-28 02:00   
Quote:

On 2005-09-27 20:01, Diabo|ik wrote:

As for some vets wreaking havoc in the newbie servers owning noobs left and right, I wish I knew who you are talking about Jack, it'd be my pleasure to pimp slap him around.

Who has the most kills on darkspace, and 99% of them arent from a rank above captain?

Scotty
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 02:52   
Newbie is a place for new people to LEARN. That is the main objective of that server.

If there are upper rank players there that are only there to pick on new people please use the /report command and let us know. We will act on this and possibly remove the player from the server.

We want you to have a good time here and also have time to learn the game.

Have fun,

Scotty

Email Scotty
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 03:09   
*lurks in the shadows*

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 03:29   
Just make a rank limitation on noob server not just limit the types of ships. If some of the older players want to go in and help teach then they can always have a second acct and fly around in a scout. The whole "Im just here to help teach" (after just pwning 10 of em) is just wrong.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 10:14   
From time to time I have been known to "camp" Newbie server.....I have lately let that practice slide.....Perhaps I should take my tent out of the lobby and into newbie more often. I have a Camp site in Newbie with a wonderful view.

Fair warning: I do not like "Vets" newbie Farming in Newbie server. I for one think that Veteran players SHOULD be allowed in Newbie server, However I believe they should put forth an effort to help the newbies there. Anyone in Newbie for the purpose of "Easy kills" or to just plain harass newbies is NOT in my opinion a "Vet" of any kind, and should really be asking themselves "Am I just playing in newbie because if I tried to play in the Metaverse I'd get owned by lower ranked players who have actually earned their rank?"

And now you "Vet" Newbie farmers have to ask yourselves, "Is Feralwulf watching me?"

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-28 11:47   
"Just make a rank limitation on noob server not just limit the types of ships. If some of the older players want to go in and help teach then they can always have a second acct and fly around in a scout. The whole "Im just here to help teach" (after just pwning 10 of em) is just wrong."

I believe there was once a time there was a rank limitation on the newbie server and I personally feel there should be. Anyone with with a high prestige shouldn't be let in and IMHO, anyone with more that 1 account should have those accounts deleted. Too many spies imho with these second accounts for the mv. Let the noobs play and learn together, and make it a strong point to read the manual....it's all explained in there. When they feel they are ready for the big boys, they can join the mv.

my 2 cents

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-09-28 12:34   
Quote:

On 2005-09-27 13:12, StyxCrawler wrote:
5-7 ships show up and within seconds you're dogmeat, no chance for getting XP. sometimes I just like to relax and mine. CAN'T do that, some grinning, antagonizing, jerk just can't wait to get his dreadnaught on top of a noob ship in the metaverse, and if you go to the noobie server to try and relax, oh no, forget that, 5-7 gang up on you and make sure they ruin any semblance of a nice time Also, it's hard to keep a civil attitude when others are deliberately antagonizing you to quit.

[ This Message was edited by: Sattracer on 2005-09-27 13:17 ]

Ok. First of all, when you enter the newbie server, you NEED teamates. The reason 5-7 ships show up and start blasting you, is because you are solo. This game is based around PvP, and teamwork. Also, mining in hte newbie, while it can get you money, is not anyone's idea of relaxing and having a good time.

Furthermore, in the metaverse, of course, being in a newbie ship, a scout, an engineer, an extractor, will get you killed. Of course, a Grand Admiral with an Assault Dreadnaught will jump at the chance to get an easy kill to his stats. Travel in groups in the MV, although even that is not totaly safe for a ship under Destroyer class. I suggest gaining rank and better ships before you enter the Metaverse to do battle.

And most people are not purposely antagonizing you, they simply see an enemy ship, a vulnerable one, and open fire. Do not worry, most players and veterans in Darkspace do not mean you any harm, so don't take it personally. And if they don't take a civil attitude towards you, simply keep your civil attitude to stop from being degenerated to their level.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 14:09   
Quote:

On 2005-09-28 11:47, shine wrote:
"Just make a rank limitation on noob server not just limit the types of ships. If some of the older players want to go in and help teach then they can always have a second acct and fly around in a scout. The whole "Im just here to help teach" (after just pwning 10 of em) is just wrong."

Surely you don't think that a Grand or Fleet Admiral couldn't be pwning newbies as a midshipman or ensign... In newbie anyone above the rank of commander has access to the same ships as anyone under that rank (more or less........give or take a badge). I can fly a frigate better than most if not all newbies........whether I play with my Grand Admiral account, My 1st Admiral account, or my Midshipman account...

In my opinion I can't think of ANY reason for anyone above commander to be in newbie other than to teach newbies the game. They gain no prestige from it. No badges. No stat increases......you come out of newbie the same as you went in.....why go in except to help?

Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-09-28 14:15   
Quote:

On 2005-09-28 14:09, Feralwulf wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-09-28 11:47, shine wrote:

Surely you don't think that a Grand or Fleet Admiral couldn't be pwning newbies as a midshipman or ensign... In newbie anyone above the rank of commander has access to the same ships as anyone under that rank (more or less........give or take a badge). I can fly a frigate better than most if not all newbies........whether I play with my Grand Admiral account, My 1st Admiral account, or my Midshipman account...

In my opinion I can't think of ANY reason for anyone above commander to be in newbie other than to teach newbies the game. They gain no prestige from it. No badges. No stat increases......you come out of newbie the same as you went in.....why go in except to help?

I can think of one big reason...LAG

I personally went in and played a game in newbie server the other day after loosing many many ships to desync problems and after an admin refusing to reboot the server after asking him.

And upon entering the game some player called me noob, so i had to teach him a lesson (sorry about that)

[ This Message was edited by: Nim {C?} on 2005-09-28 14:27 ]

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-09-28 16:40   
As a sidenote, it is tough to teach noobs in the MV cause who knows if they are spies or not. After what I have experienced the last few days, I will not talk to anyone whom is not known as a a dedicated 1 fraction player. I hear a lot of, "where should I mod at" and "why aren't you helping me?" well doh, everytime a modding place is mentioned, it is taken over within 10 hours, stripped of its factories and left to rot.

Faustus, why are we able to change our names in lobby? Why not send in a special request to admin to have a name change to cut back on the cut throat business of sabotage?

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-09-28 20:32   
Here's a thought, instead of complaining about being destroyed all the time, y don't you watch what the enemy's doing(combat/building) and learn from it...when u you are in nebie, their's always someone who knows what they're doing and can explain/ give you credits to help you out. If you wish to mine, ask one of you're teemates to come and protect you, or keep an eye out for you. I know a few newbies who needed help, and they recieved it from 3/6 diferent players. If the only other players are on the opposite eam, go and hide by your gate or home planet and ask them through the "yell" option through the com.

-MD

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-09-28 20:48   
You should look at peoples profiles, take mine for instance, I died alot before i learned the Ropes.. and if you look at Nims, he just dont care how many times he dies. Fighting him is like fighting the living dead.. he just keeps coming.

As for Vets going to Newb and kicking people arround, If your not Teaching, (and by Teaching I mean not trying to win the game as soon as possible, by bombing, tranny rushing, or killing every red dot in sight.) you shouldnt be in there. There is NO point for you to be in there. All your doing is causing a new player to loose press. And thats not cool.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023744 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR