No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Is this game suppose to be fun.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Is this game suppose to be fun.
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-10-01 12:45   
/me stands up and salutes Crim...

I agree... too bad it seems I'm always sayin this same sentence over and over.... maybe i should just create an autopost at the hit of a key and save myself the trouble of typin all this out...

"If y'all don't like the game then leave... "

As has been said, I pay my monthly $12 or 15 bucks, or whatever it is. i play infrequently yet sign into the lobby whenever i can.. Vice Admiral Lobby Troll, yep, that's me... the thing I pay for, and indeed love the most about this game is the Lobby and it's community... I don't talk to most people but still know them enough to say hi and get a polite response.. try that on guild wars or eve... the big -F- has done a great job and continues to do so, not only does he have my support by my $$ also. Call me weird, but i'm willing to pay for the pleasure of being in the company of YOU PEOPLE provided you all feel the same.. should you not, please refer to the above lonely sentence..

Lysol
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-02 01:42   
Ok in all reality....you really cant compare other games like EVE to this. The community here is indeed a lot smaller. So those that are the regulars...they really shouldnt be saying

If YOu DoNT LiKe It theN QuIT NUUB!

the time Ive been playing Ive seen 7 different people stop playing because this is the response they get.

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-02 03:35   
Quote:

On 2005-10-01 11:25, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Or you could just stop playing and quit whining untill it's fixed...

[/fix?]

/me stands up and applauds Jack

Cuisinart, Celestial Apocalypse? How can you end up with a bunch of guys who can't stand up to a bunch of "noob" mercenaries drunk and stoned...? ( BTW, I was amongst those noobs... )

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-02 05:27   
Quote:

On 2005-10-02 01:42, Lysol wrote:
Ok in all reality....you really cant compare other games like EVE to this. The community here is indeed a lot smaller. So those that are the regulars...they really shouldnt be saying

If YOu DoNT LiKe It theN QuIT NUUB!

the time Ive been playing Ive seen 7 different people stop playing because this is the response they get.

No really, it's just annoying. No one likes people whining about the game they love. It really is simple, if you don't like it, then take a time out untill next patch. They are doing ALL THEY CAN. Your constant whining, DOES NOT make Faustus go SUPERCODINGMODETWOTHOUSANDANDFIVE. Your whining does not make him go faster, infact, if anything it goes slower. Whining about points that are already being fixed and being drawn to attention, does nothing...

So really...

If you don't like it. Just wait and take a time out.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-10-02 07:11   
I think some of you fanboys really need to get your stories straight.

Either you want those many dissatified customers to keep paying and playing in order to support Faustus, so he can quit his job and work on DS full-time (as he has done in he past for over a year with a full team of devs to help, but with dire consequences)..

Or you want them to just go away and keep quite so you can live in your lil dream-world doubt free (an' don't forget to delete those goodbye threads now).

Make up your minds.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-02 08:01   
@Lark No doubt, but there are no where near enough people for the MV, the first MV was already to large, the current one is even larger with less players...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-02 08:51   
Quote:

On 2005-10-02 07:11, c0ldfury wrote:
I think some of you fanboys really need to get your stories straight.

Either you want those many dissatified customers to keep paying and playing in order to support Faustus, so he can quit his job and work on DS full-time (as he has done in he past for over a year with a full team of devs to help, but with dire consequences)..

Or you want them to just go away and keep quite so you can live in your lil dream-world doubt free (an' don't forget to delete those goodbye threads now).

Make up your minds.

A) Company paid him to develop the game (Blue Byte), which got baught out by ubisoft I believe and they decided that DarkSpace didn't fit in with the battle isle series. At that point, it was beta and FREE. That is the only time he has lived off darkspace with a full team of developers...

Since that time he's had to work, and he's now at Ritual working on SiN Episodes.

I'm just saying there is NO POINT in whining because it's already being worked on. Whining, does not make the problem get solved any quicker. Infact, it probably slows it down because in the end, an admin has to come along and either lock the topic, or reply in such a way that require more than a few words, and takes time.

If you noticed Faustus' recent dev anouncment, you will notice that a new version of DarkSpace will be up either today, or tomorrow, and with that. Many, many fixes will come.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-02 09:43   
I will be honest with this post. I will state the truth and nothing but the truth. I apologize in advance to Faustus, Tael, and everybody else here. If you dont want to hear the truth, I strongly advise you dont read this post.

Quote:

Just make a commitment to yourself as lubed or non-lubed to play until the next patch. That way, you give Darkspace a chance, because you like the game itself, just not the way it seems it has to be played now.

I remember that peice of false hope for years. Lets face it, since 1.3 Darkspace has been going steadily downhill and nothing is altering or stopping that course. Not 1.482, Not 1.483. Not any of it. Its just getting worse with each successive patch.

Quote:

All we can do is give our advice to Tael and Faustus and hope osmething gets done.

Face it, Faustus makes all the decisions about what goes in and what doesnt. He makes the decisions on how exactly everything gets done. No matter how many people voice an opinion, if its against what he wants to do, its going to be ignored.

Quote:

the thing I pay for, and indeed love the most about this game is the Lobby and it's community...

This has also been this game's saving grace for years. I will still say that Darkspace has among the most top-notch communities I have ever seen.

I could state more, but id also be getting into some even more sensitive subjects. Not too much at once, as they say.

Goto the website of Novacat
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-02 10:44   
I'd rather pay for a good SciFi Movie instead.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-02 10:45   
It seems apparent that some people obviously don't read the entire posts before posting themselves, otherwise this topic would have already been over with.

Its been stated at least three times, and it pretty much ends the rest of the argument in itself.

So Ill take another stab at it, and perhaps someone might *gasp* actually shuddap and read it..

First off, whether we like it or not, every patch takes time. This amount of time, is very long due to that there is only one man doing this for us. He does not have an army of developers at his disposal, he is, in the best analogy I can think of, Rambo of Developer world.

Secondly, it is his game, whether we admit it or not, it is at least half of our fault that the game indeed is like it is now. Why? Well, he doesn't soley make all decisions, he has quite often, taken the opinion of others, and also even acted on our general reaction to some ideas. No doubt he does make some decisions himself, but then again, he at least has us test them to see if they are good or not.

This bring us to another clear point. Beta is literally, the testing ground of everything that will be release. If I do remember correctly, the MV was full more than half the time Beta was empty in 1.483, and im willing to bet paddlesticks that it was more so in 1.482. If we don't test, he can't as hes busy coding, therefore its almost soley up to us to find the bugs and the flaws.

Lastly, and im going to hope to make this very clear, as it has been stated, and I hope that this time, it gets through some of the thicker skulls.

This is on the issue of whining. Whining really, really, is very annoying, it is also disruptive, and yes I am, after over a month of it, totally sick of it, and no doubt there are alot of others in the same. Everything thats whined about now, and this may seem harsh, but no one gives a damn anymore. No one really care just how much you bitch about the game, because there were at least 500 other people who have bitched the exact same thing. And because of this excessive, immature, selfish, utter WHINING, no one seems to realize that Faustus has been working hard enough, as best he can, to fix it all.

Now just because its not done in five hours and handed to you in a silver platter does not mean that its not getting done. Just because you cant have it NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW, does not mean you should go out of your way to make yet another post which completely and utterly pointless, because its not going to magically make it get done faster.

As said before, if you don't like the game, and your too much of an impatient bugger to not be able to quiet down and wait, and instead make a thread like this, by god all means, go play some other game which cares almost a 100x less.

-Ent

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-10-02 11:10   
Honestly, if I were a new player I would probably think this game is probably not worth it.

I'm not saying Faustus hasn't put in alot of work, no one is denying that, but the developers are really good at quickly addressing priority issues to fix game balance. They are busy trying to improve lag and gameplay content.

It really is tragic. The game is progressing, but how many people will we lose in the process? How many have we already lost? Any vet who comes into lobby regularly can see the lobby numbers dwindling. Old veterans are going back to their farewell posts. How much longer can the game afford this?

People just can't blindly support a game when the only feedback they get from other players is to just "suck it up and shut up or leave." That is the wrong attitude. There needs to be a level of cooperation from both staff and player. This does not exist right now.

Has there been an official statement saying how these things are being addressed? Have the arc bug/bomb bug/cloak bug/slot bug/supply bug/eccm bug issues been worked on or are they currently being worked on? Who knows. There is no information flowing.

I have been here longer than many people and I can honestly and truthfully say that I have never seen DS this low in player population on a regular basis. It is upsetting on both fronts.

And like I said, quite tragic.

Email Ramius
|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-10-02 11:28   
"Oh no, it's that 12eason again!!! Quick, lock it down, lock it down!!!111"

<3

@Lysol:

Depends what your definition of "fun" is.

@Ent the Exhausting:

Quote:
First off, whether we...Rambo of Developer world.

Even with a decent Development crew behind him, he was in "Rambo" mode. It's his choice and he has left himself open to criticism for it.

Quote:
This bring us to another...find the bugs and the flaws.

It is soley Palestar's responsiblity to deliver a stable, bug-free product to its customers. The Customers only pay for full account and server access. Believe me, this one was debated to death about 4 years ago. (The thread might even be in the archives yet, if I feel like it I might take a look)

Quote:
This is on the issue of whining...no one seems to realize that Faustus has been working hard enough, as best he can, to fix it all.

I know how hard he has worked and continues to work on this game. I also know how hard I and others have worked to see it all go down the toilet by a spur of the moment "change" or "fix" from left field. The people whine because they are playing a broken game that will most likely not be fixed for awhile, no matter how many patches are released.

Yes, whinning is annoying, causes arguments, gets people upset, but its also saying there are some definite problems in the game and development cycle and they need to be addressed, correctly. Otherwise things will continue to deteriorate further.

Quote:
Now just because...done faster.

Of course not 5 hours, it's expected "In Two Weeks".

Quote:
As said before...cares almost a 100x less.

Why do you think there is a player shortage? Perhaps it's time to change that attitude.

I really feel sorry for any new people that attempt to play and learn this game. I am sure they didn't see the drop-off after the second step...someone get them some parachutes and fill the huge valley of F's basement before the nimby gets them!!!

As always, it's just a game...or is it?

- |2eason -

The views and opinions expressed in this post and thread are that of my own and do not represent that of any other person, group or entity.

[ This Message was edited by: |2eason on 2005-10-02 11:31 ]

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-10-02 11:39   
<3 Reason

Email Ramius
Cuisinart
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-02 11:42   
Quote:

On 2005-10-01 11:25, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Or you could just stop playing and quit whining untill it's fixed...

[/fix?]

I did exactly that, about 2 years ago. still waiting....

Quote:

On 2005-10-02 03:35, Diabo|ik wrote:
Cuisinart, Celestial Apocalypse? How can you end up with a bunch of guys who can't stand up to a bunch of "noob" mercenaries drunk and stoned...? ( BTW, I was amongst those noobs... )

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't really played eve in several months either. Occasionally log in, but it's lost it's magic as well.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-02 11:55   
Quote:

On 2005-10-02 09:43, RedXIII wrote:
Quote:

All we can do is give our advice to Tael and Faustus and hope osmething gets done.

Face it, Faustus makes all the decisions about what goes in and what doesnt. He makes the decisions on how exactly everything gets done. No matter how many people voice an opinion, if its against what he wants to do, its going to be ignored.

Quote:

Reply-To :
Sent : 22 July 2005 04:06:55
To : "Jack W"
Subject : RE: Darkspace

| | | Archived e... | Inbox

Thanks Jack for the well spoken words... better than your post I'm still thinking on the whole subject.. and the best argument I can say is this...

The core gameplay of DS is ship-to-ship combat... I think we both can agree to that. Anything, that detracts from that core is bad, again I think we both can agree.

Modding is not combat, a player with a modded ship is more protective, and obviously doesn't want to get destroyed...

(..Hell, nobody wants to die in-game, no matter what we have to punish players for their deaths, so on that note Resources Lost will probably stay.)

Anyway, a player who spends an hour in-game modding their ship in-game, then if they do decide to jump into combat and manage to get destroyed, guess what they are pissed off and leave the game. In my mind, that detracts from the core game-play.

Players are more willing to accept some kinds of losses better than others. It really boils down to ownership, and what kinds of ownerships do we allow the player to have. We already have ownership in your rank / prestige, we've been trying to add ownership in your ships and cargo items... and I think that might be where we're failing at.... perhaps, we should look to add ownership in-game for players in other ways... such as with the planets, space platforms (i.e. bases), etc...

-Richard

Quote:

Reply-To :
Sent : 22 July 2005 04:09:36
To : "Jack W"
Subject : RE: Darkspace

| | | Archived e... | Inbox

P.S. I do like your ideas... give me the night to think about them.

-Richard

Shortly after that, low and behold, some of the idea's that Drafell and me put forward to Faustus in a well detailed and explained document, apeared on the list.

So it isn't a case of "If he doesn't like it it doesn't get done". You just need to explain your idea's and how they will work in the game and gaming world. That's what me and Drafell did. We took every aspect that something would change, and gave a detailed description of how to change it so that it would cater for both the old-style darkspace players, and new players.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-10-02 11:57 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026253 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR