No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » hmmm
 Author hmmm
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 04:34   
A new person just asked me how to get going in the game.....I said build and cap planets....he said engineer you need ensign rank....I said EH? That is ridiculus change that...new people need to do more than just drop inf on planets or how else are the going to get into the game? I dont play much anymore but that is just stupid. I said cap and build work your way to supply then maybe combat but geez cant even build at the start of his/her ds career???????

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-13 05:29   
i agree that new players should be able to build in the begining cause its n so easy to learn how to do everything else in the begining.

But there is this thing when ppl with higher rank is not subbed, they can build on noob admral MV, and gain alot of pres acutall for free and that would not be so good i think, even if ppl would then to build more.

Its mabye good as it is and new players mabye just have to learn everything the hard way .

And i made a new account one day and it took me 8 min to get the nk that is needed or a engineer

-Daedalus

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:56   
why was that changed to ensign?!?!

Btw...calm down....its just ensign (although its stupid), its not that hard to reach by doing some scouting or whatever (although it wouldnt be a problem at all if you could build)

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:00   
It was changed, If I remember correctly, to give something for new players to acheive early on.

Goto the website of Faustus
Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:54   
Aww, what about us who are too lazy to sub?

(No, really, I plan to resub soon, I just miss building )

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 13:36   
I ususally only play newbie because #1 i can't afford it right now and #2 i if was to go into mv i would get killed instantely because i always combat...i mean i can't build, and a bomber vette will, i garanty you, do nothing but mke the planet look indestructable...i hate to mine because it's boring and i can't get any ships that would do any damage to anything but othe scouts and maybe some frigs...There's only one or 2 ships that can build in newbie because everyone else is either not subbed, or gone to the mv (or the admiralserver that just appeared). now i don't really mind much, but it would be nice to have an engeneer around...just to have a depot, or a freindly planet where i can run if theres like 4-5 enemies looking for blood and one of me(happened 3 times now) I wait and wait, but can't do anything. Something should be done...eventually anyways.

-MD

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-13 15:15   
That's why you subscribe. That's like saying "I can't get my dread faustus, it needs to be midshipman so I can use it".

It doesn't matter if you're a noob, there needs to be something at higher levels for you to atain, engineer is just one.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-10-13 15:25   
I'd say that in these times of carpet bombing in MV, we need unsubed and newb players in engineers to keep rebuilding! Think of it as a draft.

Page created in 0.018445 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR