No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New ship upgrading idèè
 Author New ship upgrading idèè
Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-13 05:49   
Came up with this nice ide of upgrading ships.

Been thinkin when its kind of unstable that even noobs that pilot a dessie can kill dreads, dont now about everyone else but that bugs me. And i think Faustus is fixing that even in te next Patc but here the ide.

The upgrading would be like in this version but instead that ppl can
just press upgrade button and get the max level of the item in 5 seconds
it would take 5 min.

Lets say we are upgraing a Particle cannon from level 0 to level 1
it would take 5 mins for it to get ready and cost would be the same as before.
Now if they want the item to get to level 2 it will take dubble the time it took for the last one to upgrade.
And it could cost doubble as much as before to.
The time foe upgrading could be less and it could be more the 5 min was just what i throw out fast.
Level 0 -> Level 1 = 5 min upgrading
Level 1 -> Level 2 = 10 min upgrading
and so on...
And it woul be different fore each item depends on its value:)

The max level would be different for each class of ships to.
Scouts max Level 2 and Level 3 some items.
Dreads Max Level 7-10.
It would make thise dessies less dangerous for a dread to.

This way ppl after they die would not mod a ship in 5 min and be back in action in 10 min. Thats a endles loop of battle and kind of stupid. This way to ppl would take more cre of their ships and not just attack and die becasue there are these guys that have alots of prestge and dont acutaly care if thy die once more.

Not sure if you all understod what i meant but this system i would like more

-Daedalus

Ps. If there is some letters missing somewhere thats cause my keyboard is a JUNK hate it and i dont have the strength to buy a new one atm.

[ This Message was edited by: Daedalus on 2005-10-13 05:50 ]

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 07:23   
I agree something does need to be done about pickets destroying Dreads, but this sounds a bit extreme. Here's why I say that:

1. Sitting around just waiting for an upgrade...boaring...people would loose intrest in game.
2. Once one person upgrades everyone else would have to to b/c if they didn't that one person would own or have great advantage.
3.Think this would discourage a lot of people away from combat. Meaning less fighting more bombing and probably no building.

I think if we just to limit the level you can upgrade certian weapons up to on smaller ships it will fix the problem.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-10-13 07:50   
or make weapons that can hit small ships and actually do damage

soulassassins
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:50   
I think this idea wont work in the sense of balance. the reason being is that a scout moves fast and the dread moves slow. if you want to make the balance more even then i think the shield/armour and hulls should be altered depending on the class and type of ship. by way of altering i mean no more lvl 10 armour or shield for everyone but an actual lvl dependant on the class, ie same as those for p-cannons.
the other way to alter the shield/armour should be re-charge times which should be altered by class for example if a scout gets hit by a scout the damage compared to repair time should be such that the scout will die in an X amount of time, but if a dread was hit by the scout the recharge time of the shields/armour + the lvl of weapons would null each other out there for the scout would never be able to even touch a dread, and like it has been mentioned before it would take alot of scouts to equal one dread this would require a lot of planning due to the different types of class, ie bomber, combat, command etc.
i agree with smartin that there is no point waiting for upgrades, if you want ppl to slow down or look after their ships then stop refunding their money when they lose the ship. this will soon slow ppl down, i realise that at the moment lag can be a real problem so there for only refund for planet collisions.

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:40   
People really dont now what RPG is If you think RPG is to just pull out a ship and go to battle more like a dogfighting game. RPG games are supose to take longer time to get to the top.

This ide i got from EVE acutally, there you have to learn a skill to use a certain weapon, and to learn different skill levels it takes hours and even days to learn am just asking for 5-10 min you you flip xD.

Whatever i just thought it would beat the ide of RPG that there is now pull out a ship - attack - retreat - pull out a new one - attack - and so on really dont care just dose noobs cant own a dreads single handenly.

-Daedalus

Xilaratu
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:49   
This is an RPG game?

You kinda lost me there.

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:58   
MMORPG in that category it was acutally listed when i found this game but as i said who cares.

-Daedalus

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 13:25   
I don't know about other people, but i really don't think of DS as an RPG game at all...I mean an RPG gives you...what 1 character to deal with...here, you have like 30 different ships to choose, and you can change them...and i have to wait 10 minutes to upgrade my armour or my shields, forget it...not even gonna bother with it...how ever i like your general idea on upgrading.

-MD

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-13 15:16   
The level system is being removed in 1.484...

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 19:05   
All items are unupgradeable in the next patch, they come at a preset lvl and that just it for that ship

Email Valerius{DK}
Page created in 0.016327 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR