Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Working as intended....?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Working as intended....?
vlc
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 08:54   
Hi,

yesterday i bombed/captured and built up half a system as ICC.
I havent built any shields so the planets had a decent 17 defense - hard to take - at least for me in my bomber destroyer.

When i was nearly finished with my last planet an enemy was detected near one of those planets. 2 minutes later it was captured without a single missile/fighter launched - WTF?! Are Kluths Coaking devices working as intended? Is this whole planet capturing thing working as intended?

I mean, building a planet takes an awful lot of time - taking those perfectly built planets is a 30 seconds thing for Kluth?!

I dunno what about the other races with Def 17 Planets - if they can do it just as easily. I just know that i have to do several runs on a Def 13 Planet with my Bomber Destroyer to capture it with Neutrons - having to repair everytime.

The current planet capturing/bombing system is CRAP - the current building system is CRAP. The shipyard/WH system is crap. Are all those things 'Working as intended'?!

Sry for the whining
/rant off

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 09:50   
signed....

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:46   
-yawns- Well..Lets see, as K'luth, I bombed luyten and Xi bootis. Each planet I bombed, I had to run away before droping inf, because I would have been killed..I think the defense work well..

Did you let them finish building? Did you put Sensor bases on the planets?

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 10:53   
Crim, most Kluth that I've seen will launch the mirvs from a distance, then either cloak or leave, by the time they hit they're probably moving on to the next planet, and many don't even bother to capture the planets anyway.

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:41   
Have to say that bombing ICC planets with neutrons is really easy
You just need the skill

-Daedalus

vlc
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 11:47   
Crimson - I had 3 sensor bases on those planets and yes they were completely built.

When they were neutron-bombed then captured i didnt even see the ship nor the inf - something is seriously wrong here.

[ This Message was edited by: vlc on 2005-10-13 11:48 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-10-13 13:24   
Ever think they may have had ECM boats with them? It's a common tactic and bombing, and pretty easy to go un-detected..So, I think planet defenses are working well, due to me dieing earlier today by a planet..Either way, it isnt the planetary defenses that need to be fixed..

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 14:32   
Yes, A kluth can cloak before it's in missle range and do a run undetected by planet defense until they drop troops. It does take skill and you don't get as many bombs off, but it's a good technique when E are around and you want to take a planet from right under them really quick with least resistance. For the record, if you can fly a dread, it should be able to take a planet out by itself.

Edit
After the neutrons hit the planets, most senor and defense bases on the planets are out, you can then turn ecm's on uncloak and drop, though I personally still get shot at even with a -sig.

[ This Message was edited by: shine on 2005-10-13 14:51 ]

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-13 15:10   
Quote:

On 2005-10-13 14:32, shine wrote:
Yes, A kluth can cloak before it's in missle range and do a run undetected by planet defense until they drop troops. It does take skill and you don't get as many bombs off, but it's a good technique when E are around and you want to take a planet from right under them really quick with least resistance. For the record, if you can fly a dread, it should be able to take a planet out by itself.

Edit
After the neutrons hit the planets, most senor and defense bases on the planets are out, you can then turn ecm's on uncloak and drop, though I personally still get shot at even with a -sig.

NO ship should be able to take a planet single handedly.
End of.

Arcanum {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 16:00   
Let's not analyze this anecdotally, as this tends to involve personal experiences, which lead to emotional attachment and thus bias.

Let's examine the comparative bombing strengths and weaknesses of each faction factually.

(In the following comparisons, I assume the bombers are able to access all relevant bombing ships and are also reasonably competent. Thus, if one cannot understand how the techniques below are accomplished, then that person is unfortunately not in a position to make credible comments about this topic.)

UGTO

With the right ships and techniques, a single UGTO bomber can, in one run:
  • Use neutron bombs to reduce a planet's population and units to zero.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe an unshielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe a 100% shielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe 2/3rd of the structures of a 150% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe an unshielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe a 100% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe a 150% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to partially wipe a 175% shielded planet.

Comments: UGTO bombers have substantial difficulty in approaching properly built K'luth defense planets, but have no need to shield their bombs against a K'luth planet. UGTO bombers wishing to bomb a ICC planet must display some level of skill and timing.

ICC

With the right ships and techniques, a single ICC bomber can, in one run:
  • Use neutron bombs to reduce a planet's population and units to zero.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe a 150% shielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe a 175% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to partially wipe a 150% shielded planet.

Comments: ICC bombers have moderate difficulty in approaching properly built K'luth or UGTO defense planets, but have no need to shield their bombs against a K'luth planet.

K'luth

With the right ships, techniques and non-K'luth equipment, a single K'luth bomber can, in one run:
  • Use neutron bombs to reduce a planet's units (not population) to zero.
  • Use Fighters to partially wipe a 150% shielded planet.

Comments: K'luth bombers can conduct their bombing activities in relative safety (cloaked approach) in comparison to their human counterparts.

--

In summary, from a faction perspective, we can make the following statements:

• UGTO have the best fighter-bombing options, and good cloud-bombing options.
  • ICC have decent fighter-bombing options, and the best cloud-bombing options.
  • K'luth have decent fighter-bombing options, and poor cloud-bombing options, BUT can bomb with higher stealth and safety.

Each faction has its advantages and disadvantages. Take your pick.

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-10-13 16:09 ]

We are many. We are one.

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-13 16:16   
Quote:

NO ship should be able to take a planet single handedly.

End of.

Agreed

[ This Message was edited by: Daedalus on 2005-10-13 16:17 ]

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-13 16:40   
I'll also add I do laugh at any defense bases that are not Kluth=) Kluth defense is much stronger and gets me to think twice=)

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-13 18:33   
Quote:

On 2005-10-13 16:40, shine wrote:
I'll also add I do laugh at any defense bases that are not Kluth=) Kluth defense is much stronger and gets me to think twice=)

A UGTO bomber can wipe out a kluth planet with out getting any closer than 900-1000gu away from it.

I agree with Deadlus and Jack. Should take more than one Ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2005-10-13 18:44 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-14 05:03   
well then we need a game that will entice an actual PLAYERBASE that will provide all these people that are supposed to make up these teams that take out planets.

I see 3 people in the MV atm. So what, w/o anyone else here, are they only supposed to build? Who are U to decide that?

Secondly, I wiped out most of barnards yesterday with my Colony. And yes, for the most part single handedly. It still takes skill. The real issue is that bombing and planet capping have become the biggest part of the game.

When the planets were being taken, did you even bother to defend them? or did u just sit there with your mouth hanging open, or flapping with explitives? A single tranny drop can counter anything a kluth ship can drop after bombing...the advanced tranny isn't ever used anymore, so 6 inf dropped is about all you will get. I won't even try to cap in my colony that holds 12. But I never see anyone try to actually DEFEND any planets, except for Kluth. Ya'll just come in here and flame.

AND. the trade off to kluth's cloak is the fact we aren't packing anything that resembles armor. That organic shrink wrap that surrounds our ships goes red from ICC pulse defenses after 15 secs. So I'd say that everything is, at this point, working as it should. Maybe when the final code is up in beta, you will remember all these complaints, and get into beta and test it.

Right now, we have the version that we deserve. Period. Want better? Test beta next time around. Unless I saw your face in beta last time, I have a hard time listening to any of your whining, and it really induces little more than laughter from me.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-14 06:18   
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 05:03, Azreal wrote:
I see 3 people in the MV atm. So what, w/o anyone else here, are they only supposed to build? Who are U to decide that?

One year ago most times I was in the MV I was only doing PCM bombing

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021668 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR