Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Working as intended....?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Working as intended....?
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:36   
When the planets were being taken, did you even bother to defend them? or did u just sit there with your mouth hanging open, or flapping with explitives? A single tranny drop can counter anything a kluth ship can drop after bombing...the advanced tranny isn't ever used anymore, so 6 inf dropped is about all you will get. I won't even try to cap in my colony that holds 12. But I never see anyone try to actually DEFEND any planets, except for Kluth. Ya'll just come in here and flame.

Az, just now you and Sauur were in Ganglias. At the point where we had the fewest ships, there was a battle dread, a picket destroyer and a torpedo cruiser all chasing you around. That did almost nothing to impede your progress. Having combat ships respond to bombers is what I would call defending. As for not bother to capture planets you've just attacked; if you're not bombing with the intent to capture, gain ground and move forward, then why are you bombing? Lone bombers wiping planet after planet that each take roughly an hour to complete and then leaving is really not something I understand. I don't particularly hold anyone responsible on any faction, but I don't know when everyone started doing this. No faction is ever going to win the MV with this approach, assuming that's what they're trying to do.

I'm done.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-14 11:49   
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 06:18, DOM700 [-IMO-] wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 05:03, Azreal wrote:
I see 3 people in the MV atm. So what, w/o anyone else here, are they only supposed to build? Who are U to decide that?

One year ago most times I was in the MV I was only doing PCM bombing

Missile Dread -.-

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:25   
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 11:36, Mandator wrote:
Lone bombers wiping planet after planet that each take roughly an hour to complete and then leaving is really not something I understand.

I tried that once, it's actually quite funny to leave some systems with planets, where nature has the upper hand

@Jack Jumpcruiser (you ICC noob ), which has much better arcs, and was still able to cover the PCMs with 5 missiles

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:51   
Quote:

Az, just now you and Sauur were in Ganglias. At the point where we had the fewest ships, there was a battle dread, a picket destroyer and a torpedo cruiser all chasing you around. That did almost nothing to impede your progress. Having combat ships respond to bombers is what I would call defending. As for not bother to capture planets you've just attacked; if you're not bombing with the intent to capture, gain ground and move forward, then why are you bombing?

They are pres whores who likes easy prestige

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-14 16:55   
nope. I logged in and found 3 systems wiped and only the one or two customary planet caps that help u refuel and continue. So I figured, lets see how they like it, and went with Sauur and wiped out 6 sysytems in retribution. It was fun listening to all 5 of the next kluth who logged in over the next 2 hours asking where the ship yards were. I suppose, until you fellows stop running into our systems and wasting them, I'll just have to do the same.

Now, true, for a change, I saw some folks trying to actually stop us. Was cool. Fun. Great fun. But funny. I never got beaconed, and I never once saw a dictor. You are on the right track fellas, but still new to the game, I'm afraid. I do encourage you to keep trying tho, I really do. You provided some pretty good fun for Sauur and I, as well as some interesting cross continent TSing.

See, Nim woulda brought some dictor ladden with 2000 beacons. Ya'll brought a TC and a BD. I did see a scout. All of you PJ'd within 120 gu's of me at some point. I waited for that tell tale red circle of death that beacons are. But never saw it. So in this case, it was merely blind luck on my part, or at least partially tactical on ya'lls.

So. If you are tired of seeing vast wastlands of green , stay outa our systems. That simple. I'm content to nibble at the fringe, and draw out some type of combat engagement. Ruin the day by bombing everything in 3 systems, and every ship yard you can find, and I'll be obliged to return the favor. Today was revenge for DP, Groom, and Sirius, all wasted, but not more than 8 planets capped in total.

Not pres whore. Revenge whore.

Az

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-14 17:28   
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 16:55, Azreal wrote:
nope. I logged in and found 3 systems wiped and only the one or two customary planet caps that help u refuel and continue. So I figured, lets see how they like it, and went with Sauur and wiped out 6 sysytems in retribution. It was fun listening to all 5 of the next kluth who logged in over the next 2 hours asking where the ship yards were. I suppose, until you fellows stop running into our systems and wasting them, I'll just have to do the same.

If you stop bombing in retribution, we wont be fireing back.

See its a never ending cycle of those too stubborn and proud to be the better person and simply not use MirVs. I myself use MirVs in all cases possible - why is it so hard to simply switch?

Often enough, it is a Kluth who thinks its overly amusing to hop into Sol or Banards every day and nuke a few planets or the whole system - not exactly the right motivation for others however to say "Oh its okay! They just nuked our systems again but we'll use neutrons while they nuke us anyways!"

Remember Az, its both sides, and its up to you whether or not to be the better person.

Quote:

Now, true, for a change, I saw some folks trying to actually stop us. Was cool. Fun. Great fun. But funny. I never got beaconed, and I never once saw a dictor. You are on the right track fellas, but still new to the game, I'm afraid. I do encourage you to keep trying tho, I really do. You provided some pretty good fun for Sauur and I, as well as some interesting cross continent TSing.

See, Nim woulda brought some dictor ladden with 2000 beacons. Ya'll brought a TC and a BD. I did see a scout. All of you PJ'd within 120 gu's of me at some point. I waited for that tell tale red circle of death that beacons are. But never saw it. So in this case, it was merely blind luck on my part, or at least partially tactical on ya'lls.

More like, the vast majority of us do not know or prefer the use of spamming beacons - Kluth that can cloak freely are generally much more fun to play with (unless its some flea bitten Mirver).

Quote:

So. If you are tired of seeing vast wastlands of green , stay outa our systems. That simple. I'm content to nibble at the fringe, and draw out some type of combat engagement. Ruin the day by bombing everything in 3 systems, and every ship yard you can find, and I'll be obliged to return the favor. Today was revenge for DP, Groom, and Sirius, all wasted, but not more than 8 planets capped in total.

Perhaps if you all stopped having some of your lone fleet mates comming into our homesystems on a daily basis and nuking everything, and stop comming into our mod systems and nuking everything, perhaps those who are also 'Revenge Whores' would stop...

But that may mean being the better person so I dunno, might be too hard...

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-14 18:33   
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 12:25, DOM700 [-IMO-] wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 11:36, Mandator wrote:
Lone bombers wiping planet after planet that each take roughly an hour to complete and then leaving is really not something I understand.

I tried that once, it's actually quite funny to leave some systems with planets, where nature has the upper hand

@Jack Jumpcruiser (you ICC noob ), which has much better arcs, and was still able to cover the PCMs with 5 missiles

No I mean...

Remember the original PCM Missile Dreads...Back in beta...

*shudders*

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-14 18:47   
You can have me mirvs when you pry them from my cold, dead, Ganglia.

The flip side of this: It's a game. Bombing and capping are a part of it.

And I have nothing against bombing it all flat, capping it all, then rebuilding it. There are times the enemy presence will not allow that tho.

My sole issue is the wasting of systems and specifically targeting ship yard planets. This I do not do, and I am not aware that anyone on my fleet does. Today, I just said wth, and did a little payback. Besides, if folks such as yourself spend less time in here, and more time actually PLAYING the game, I doubt we'd be able to wipe out a system anywhere near as easy.

But that's ok. Talk smack from the comfort of your wittle easy chair, if that is less threatening to you. I gotta get back in the game.

Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-15 00:20   
Quote:

On 2005-10-13 18:33, Smartin wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-13 16:40, shine wrote:
I'll also add I do laugh at any defense bases that are not Kluth=) Kluth defense is much stronger and gets me to think twice=)

A UGTO bomber can wipe out a kluth planet with out getting any closer than 900-1000gu away from it.

I agree with Deadlus and Jack. Should take more than one Ship.

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2005-10-13 18:44 ]

I also agree it should take a group effort to cap one planet...
Building should also take longer but not as much longer as capping should, it should take twice the time to build as cap and should take 10 minutes with a coodinated force to cap.

Email Ascension(Purge)
Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-15 00:26   
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 16:55, Azreal wrote:
Now, true, for a change, I saw some folks trying to actually stop us. Was cool. Fun. Great fun. But funny. I never got beaconed, and I never once saw a dictor.

You never will see a dictor until someone het really annoyed or someone makes the EASY couple of hour to prgam a system that gives prestige for each enemy jump you stop with interdictor fields...

Email Ascension(Purge)
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-10-15 01:49   
Rabble rabble rabble rabble!

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-15 03:17   
@Jack Alright, that was ugly

Btw....when I was still playing, I did wipe some planets clean in BD every day or so, just to see some KLuth coming and rebuilt them

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-10-15 05:57   
Drafell is amused.

Goto the website of Drafell
shinn
Cadet

Posted: 2005-10-15 07:46   
Quote:

On 2005-10-13 16:00, Arcanum {C?} wrote:
Let's not analyze this anecdotally, as this tends to involve personal experiences, which lead to emotional attachment and thus bias.

Let's examine the comparative bombing strengths and weaknesses of each faction factually.

(In the following comparisons, I assume the bombers are able to access all relevant bombing ships and are also reasonably competent. Thus, if one cannot understand how the techniques below are accomplished, then that person is unfortunately not in a position to make credible comments about this topic.)

UGTO

With the right ships and techniques, a single UGTO bomber can, in one run:
  • Use neutron bombs to reduce a planet's population and units to zero.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe an unshielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe a 100% shielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe 2/3rd of the structures of a 150% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe an unshielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe a 100% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe a 150% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to partially wipe a 175% shielded planet.

Comments: UGTO bombers have substantial difficulty in approaching properly built K'luth defense planets, but have no need to shield their bombs against a K'luth planet. UGTO bombers wishing to bomb a ICC planet must display some level of skill and timing.

ICC

With the right ships and techniques, a single ICC bomber can, in one run:
  • Use neutron bombs to reduce a planet's population and units to zero.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe an unshielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe a 100% shielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe a 150% shielded planet.
  • Use MiRVs to wipe a 175% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe an unshielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to substantially wipe a 100% shielded planet.
  • Use Fighters to partially wipe a 150% shielded planet.

Comments: ICC bombers have moderate difficulty in approaching properly built K'luth or UGTO defense planets, but have no need to shield their bombs against a K'luth planet.

--

In summary, from a faction perspective, we can make the following statements:

• UGTO have the best fighter-bombing options, and good cloud-bombing options.
  • ICC have decent fighter-bombing options, and the best cloud-bombing options.
  • K'luth have decent fighter-bombing options, and poor cloud-bombing options, BUT can bomb with higher stealth and safety.

Each faction has its advantages and disadvantages. Take your pick.

[ This Message was edited by: Arcanum {C?} on 2005-10-13 16:09 ]

G'day there! ^^

I would have to beg to differ on your statement on ICC, whereby they 'have decent fighter-bombing options, and the best cloud-bombing options.'

And as Blackjack has also mentioned, ICC have something else which UGTO and K'luth don't have.

Simply put, it is the PSM bombing, which is so leathal, yet so... cheap. A solo Missle Dreadnaught can easily flatten a planet in 2 alpha strikes. And the most ironic thing is that, this requires little or no skill at all (just knownledge on where to place yourself and how to tap the spacebar key). The user of the Missle Dreadnaught does not even have to go anywhere remotely near the planet, only to drop the infantry of course.

Furthermore, at the rate UGTO and K'luth defences Point Defenses are performing at, it's simply impossible for them to stop 21 IT missles on top of the 3 PSMs coming in from behind.

This method of bombing does not require a ridicuously high rank, just Vice Admiral, and has indeed been proven to be able to take down 175% shielded planets.

Of course, this can still be achieved by the UGTO counterparts using the missle cruiser, but it is fairly hard to exucute on ICC defense planets and requires at least 2-3 cruisers and half an hour or more to finish off ONE planet.

On another note. From serveral tests conducted, it's pretty much impossible for any other UGTO ship except the command station to solo fighter-bomb a high numbered ICC defence planet .

Just my two cents worth.

cheers!
-tyranimo

[small][ This Message was edited by: tyranimo on 2005-10-15 07:47 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: tyranimo on 2005-10-15 07:53 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-10-15 08:41   
dude, learn to edit quotes, as opposed to repeating EVERYTHING.

And as far as ICC and PSMs go, I have one word in response: Ganglia.

It holds 2 of those, up to 12 mirvs, and up to 20 Wasps. And Sauur and I proved yesterday that if done correctly, a ganglia can bomb for HOURS w/o ever needing a resupply...except for fuel.

Az

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026772 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR