No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » factories are nonworking, is this a bug or is there a reason
 Author factories are nonworking, is this a bug or is there a reason
DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-15 02:03   
i am drunkof course, but i still know how to fly, but it seems that the factories in beta are not working at thsi time, is there a reason for this or is this a bug?

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-10-15 03:07   
I'm basing this purely on rumour, but apparently, factories don't do anything special in this patch. They just have strange effects on mines and resource collection.

Components aren't built anymore; every starport produces (practically) an infinite amount. So no mod planets any more.

In the following patch, expect to see a 'build planet' button for engineers; since every planet will be nearly identical, with only SY planets being different.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-15 10:24   
Quote:

On 2005-08-12 13:15, Faustus wrote:
Time for yet another developer update, to let everyone know whats coming down the pipe next for version 1.484...

First off, I'm almost done with switching the code back to a single resource system. Those of you who have argued that this will take away from the strategic importantance of some planets, rest assured that it won't.

We shall be keeping the "Resource" flags as they are called (i.e. Hydrogen, Oxygen, Metals, Heavy Metals)... and upgrades / ships may be limited to only certain planets in the MV and scenerio that have the needed resource flags. For example, a HMA jump drive might require 5000 resources, a technology level of 70, and Hyper Matter to be present on the planet you are currently oribitng before you can perfom that upgrade of your jump drive.

What will be removed are the seperate resource cargo types such as Heavy Metals, Metals, etc... we shall have only one type of resource that you can transport in your cargo hold.

The next major change is to upgrade levels. Upgrade levels for all gadgets are going to be specified by the ship type. In other words, if you have a cruiser, all your devices might automatically be set to level 7. You will not be able to modify or change a device level, it will be controlled in code only. This will obviously require some re-balancing of the levels for some gadgets so we can have a unified level system.

[b]Modding a ship is will change as well. Each gadget will have between 0 and X upgrade paths. When oribiting a friendly planet, you will simply target a device on your ship and press a button to upgrade that device to another. Upgrades will have a time delay depending on the device, cost planet resources, and cost you credits from your account. The mount types will become unimportant information now, so that will be removed from displays... it's actual use was intended for the AI code so it could evual what type of device is what... [b]

Fleet grouping and voice chat are both going to get implemented in this version. Your group is going to be your clan/fleet. No need to invite / disband groups. Any prestige gain / loss will be shared by all other players in your fleet in the current server. Additionally, I'm going to re-enable voice chat... voice chat will default to your fleet only, also going to allow direct voice communications in-game. Obviously, I'm going to provide the ability for a player to mute communications from another just in case someone gets abusive.

Lastly and most important.... death is going to change dramatically. You will no longer lose ships when destroyed, they will be returned to your storage with 1% hull and all devices destroyed. The only penalty a player will pay for death is the time it takes to fully repair (and that is optional as well) your ship.

Feel free to comment...

-Richard

[small][ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2005-08-12 13:32 ][/small]

Quote:

On 2005-09-11 10:53, Doran wrote:
factories do not currently produce ship parts. factories now act as a production modifier for mining (this is the Production: stat in planet management). one factory, one production. in this regard hubs also count as 1 production.

http://beta.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=36178&forum=5

one more time: modding is not currently implemented. say it with me now: "b-e-t-a"

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2005-10-15 10:25 ]

Page created in 0.012237 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR