No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » Tales of the Gladius
 Author Tales of the Gladius
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-10-17 15:44   
Alittle about this Fanfiction..Well, im bored actualy, and nothing to do..But, I've had an idea for a fanction for awhile now, and I geuss it's time to unleash it's horridness to the world..Its mainly about the young captain of the I.S.S-Gladius, an older version of the Heavy Cruiser, but with updated weapons, and a new add on, an ICC weapon being tested, but placed into production..I'll shed alittle light on that in the story..

The I.S.S-Gladius is used in the spear point of invasions, constantly on the front lines of combat, thus it's name Gladius, meaning The short thrusting sword of the Romans. These blades were short yet a little heavy, designed both for thrusting and for cutting in close-in combat.

Now..Let us begin.. (A few DS people will make an apperance..)

Chapter One- " One hell of a time.."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vice Admiral John Hinsons' mind travled in and out of dreaming, or what he thought was dreaming..He was standing infront of the ICC command, each one an "Ace" in ICC standards. " Welcome Vice Admiral, please..Take a seat" whispered the cold looking man.."Pete is his name? right?" thought Hinson, shaking his head some as he sat down. " We're now placing you in command of a test ship..We know, you've had little experiance in combat, just now coming out of the Bombing Core..But, we feel you'll be able to handle this ship pretty well.." said the woman next to Pete. "I cant remember her name..but, she flys the Lark of Serenity right?" Hinson thought again, snapping out of his thoughts again. " A..Test ship? What do you mean?" Hinson said instantly, without thinking. Pete smiled and nodded, speaking in his calm tone" Yes, a test ship..Your familiar with the Heavy Cruisers from eight years ago?"

"No Sir.." Hinson whispered, abit embarrased by the fact he didnt. Pete smiled some and nodded, " Figured so..Well, these Heavy Cruisers where faster, lighter, and could carry a heavier load..This new ship, or, as we like to call them, Duress Cruisers. They've been updated to todays armor and weapons, but it carries abit more than usual. Instead of five working cannons, it carries eight. Instead of four standard chemical beams, it can carry six, or change out two for extra cannons..Instead of five missles, it's loaded with five torpedoes, which adds a nice punch. It's power supply should hold up for atleast four hours of straight combat..Also..theres this new weapon we have been working on..It's..well, to say the least, amazing. We call it the Bane Cannon..It's ment for smaller ships, but in recent test Sara has done, it shows good power against stations..We suggest not using this untill we have finished testing.."

Hinson just stared for a second, then looked around, whispering softly " Why..Why me? Why am I picked for this?" The woman looked at him and giggled some and said softly " Well, you where one of our best bombers, you've made it out of battles not even I, or Pete could make it out of. We want you for this, your right for this.." Hinson blushed alittle watching her, and nodded some " Aye, then..When do I report for duty?" Pete smiled and stood up, saying proudly " Tomorrow, seven hundred hours." Hinson nodded some and shook both their hands, and walked towards the door. " Oh..Wait" Sara said softly. Hinson looked back for a second, and gave a qeustioning look. Pete smiled abit and nodded some " Aye, forgot..You have to name the ship.." Hinson looked down for a second, and laughed " Well..I've had a name in my head for years, how about Gladius?"

[ This Message was edited by: Crimson {Fear} on 2005-10-17 15:45 ]

Page created in 0.004353 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR