No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Modding ships and other points.
 Author Modding ships and other points.
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-18 08:58   
Just spent a 3-4 hours stint in Beta MV yesterday,
Very happy with new build protocols and methodolgy, bit weird with the non buildables but hey, such is life.
Bombing is better controlled or appears to be, Fully loaded Bomber Dread had no chance of singularly wasting a decent def built planet. Very easy to waste a planet with def lower that 9.
Pres seemed to go up as well, which makes a change and also easy to make money from resources. Just pick up destroyed fragments of ships and sell. nice and simple, sweet.
Played about on Kluth and Icc in order to test build and bomb. looking fairly positive for both factions. Brood still has weird config, but i can live with it.
Command Dread Icc is still nice and again manageable. Will test Uggies as and when my wife lets me get back on.
Now to a question. Modding.

Faust wrote "Modding a ship is will change as well. Each gadget will have between 0 and X upgrade paths. When oribiting a friendly planet, you will simply target a device on your ship and press a button to upgrade that device to another. Upgrades will have a time delay depending on the device, cost planet resources, and cost you credits from your account. The mount types will become unimportant information now, so that will be removed from displays... it's actual use was intended for the AI code so it could evual what type of device is what... [b] "

Cant seem to get this to work. is this due to not being in yet or can you clarify what is needed etc. I have upped a planet to tech of over 120, loads of resources, factories, starport, hub etc etc but cant get it together!!
Do i need a shipyard as well??

Also we need to get people into MV Beta. Thugg is trying hard, but for my stint i only saw two people. Beta Testing badge maybe????

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-10-18 13:26   
Quote:

On 2005-10-18 08:58, Lord DowneyBUM (UK) wrote:

Cant seem to get this to work. is this due to not being in yet or can you clarify what is needed etc. I have upped a planet to tech of over 120, loads of resources, factories, starport, hub etc etc but cant get it together!!
Do i need a shipyard as well??

nope not in yet.

Also we need to get people into MV Beta. Thugg is trying hard, but for my stint i only saw two people. Beta Testing badge maybe????

its been said before that there wont be any beta test badges handed out. its also been suggested that there be new beta badges for each version. nothing's likely to come of that either. not like its really needed, its in everyone's interest to test beta, it'll pay off in the long run, better gameplay, more players, etc.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-18 14:37   
Many thanks Doran,
However in the words of the immortal Mutley, a dog of fame and fortune and beloved of his master Dick Dastardley.

Medal GIMME, GIMME GIMME.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-10-18 16:40   
Another two hours in beta, still no company!
However, uggies bombing is pretty much the same as other factions, cant test neutrons or telekinetics etc so it has to be Mirvs.
I would add that the Icc shiled is pretty damn good, but we already know that. lone bombing against shielded planets has proved to be a waste of time, kinda puts the other factions at a dissadvantage.
Off to test some serious kluth bios in a ganglia or a clavate or both!.

point to note though, when i logged in with a Brood the shield percentages where of the scale and reading at 111% ?? settled though so may be a re-adjustment took place after about 30 secs. It was also a Brood i had in my garage from the previous Beta so that may well have to something to do with it.

(just a little medal???)
not asking for a big gong type thing! dont even need a grand ceremony, just the local civic hall will be nice, with a red carpet and Bonnie Tyler singing a song about hero's. Not asking for much!
Ok i will settle for the village hall.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-04 23:34   
i would try out beta but.. my pres is still not transfered

Email Borgie
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-11-05 07:50   
What's the point of testing, it's not functional yet.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-05 10:29   
you dont need your pres tranfered to "try out beta"

Page created in 0.018165 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR