No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +11.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » "The Beginning of the End" a small narative of the present events....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author "The Beginning of the End" a small narative of the present events....
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-01-08 20:11   
Quote:

Dark Spacer wrote:
Does plagerism apply to changed works?

Yes.
Quote:

On 2006-01-07 21:02, Dark Spacer wrote:
I also have some more questions about it. The defonitions do not point to if you have already changed the work. Also, i'm still sticking to the original theme, AND i'm doing it in the same style as him. Also, HE is reciving the story to. In effect, he is recieving credit. Therefore, it is still considered his work, it's just been modified, but STILL the same theme and style.

Is THAT plagerism?

Yes.

For example, if I were to rewrite a few Harry potter novels and then wrote a new book too, even if the work was all my own words/storylines and even if I gave the author credit and sent her a few copies; it would still be plagiarism, because I'd have stolen the original concept that underlies the novels. That sort of thing would land me in jail.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-01-08 20:20   
And aside from that, it makes a mess of the forums. What if Veronw wanted to carry on with his original story (as he is more than entitled to)? We'd have two vaguely similar stories interspersed with each other; it makes for a difficult read. Why not make your own thread? You seem to have written plenty enough to justify it.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-09 14:30   
I agree with u coldfury, plus i didnt like the part were i looked like a weak idiot....after all I was trying to make a story that would do the opposite of urs lol.....and plu its now out of date, which is sad, but it cant be reupdated to this point in time, were I am an admiral with a Battledread to beat all....lol...off to mirco word!!! (hint: plz do not attempt to impersonate me via foolish looking characters, weak crewmembers, ect....my crew is experienced, I am not a fool who would argue with dom over controls...other than that an....interesting sotry line..)

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-13 21:18   
You're right. I'm sorry. But PLEEEEEEEEASE let me continue this?! I worked so hard on it! Don't worry Veronw i'll get you back to shipshape quickly. And Dominator?...I don't know what I'll do with him right now, but i'll think of something.

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-13 21:57   
Besides, i can start another story and post it here. I'll post the other story rarely. How's that?

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-14 22:01   
...besides, remember when they got brainwhashed:

The ship destroyed all the remaining K’luth ships. Suddenly both Veronw and Dominator_243 shook their heads as if awaking from a trance. “What the tanj happened?” asked Dominator_243. “We seemed to have switched places.” said Veronw. “Well, commanding a ship is one thing, having the captain switch places with someone is a completely different matter.” Said Dominator_243. “Anyway, we’d better get to-…to……to…TANJ, that switch erased my memory! TANJ!!!!” Then Dominator calmed down and looked out at the billions of stars of space, then he took a step and stopped. “Where is my—never mind, I’ll probably won’t remember how to use the controls anyway.”

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-18 21:29   
Right now I need a title for my other story. Maybe, "The ICC complication" or "K'luth...disfigured!" I don't know...

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-18 22:38   
LOL, persistant arent u? ok ok, just dont make us look bad

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-26 18:29   
Good. Here is the rest of the chapter and Chapter VII

Chapter VI
Where was the Ebon Hawk during all this? Out in space with Dominator and Veronw bickering at each other about the controls and all. They had it pretty straightened out by now. Veronw was sitting at the captain’s chair, staring at the controls, things swimming through his head. He activated an audio transmission to Doran to find out where he was. Since the Ebon Hawk’s transmission system was out of date, the signal took time to get there, so this is what he heard: “—like a bug on a—” “YOU WILL DO AS WE SAY, EVACUATE NOW, YOU HAVE 25 SECONDS TO RELENT.” “Twenty-five?! You cheat! You bloodsucking little jerk! I’ll have you scraped off my windshield—” After that a screaming rumbling noise, then silence. The transmission was over. Veronw blinked, and then played it again. He played it over and over again until he was sure he hadn’t misheard. “Doran told me he was having dinner with Backslash. Could it be—?” “Do you mean a K’luth ship was on Earth?!” Asked Dominator franticly. “TANJ AND BLAST THE LITTLE STINKING JERKS!! What the heck do we do now?”
“We do what we always do.”
“What’s that?”
“I don’t know.”
“Think!”
“Err…Help them?”
“Is that what we always do?”
“You think of something.”
“How about go help them?”
“Then is that what we always do?”
“I guess so.”
“Good.”
Veronw then turned in his seat, sweat running down his face. Both of them—Dominator_243 and Veronw—were not sure what to do. Their memories have been erased out in space and their jump drive was dead because of disrepair. To get back to Earth on fuel would take 67 gallons, and they only had 61 gallons! They had thought that this ship was going to get them a fortune. But as it turned out, it just made things harder for them. Suddenly his thinking was interrupted by a frantic and desperate officer. “SIR!! K’luth stealth ships have deactivated the weapons system and are killing and taking officers aboard their ship!” Veronw blinked, then took over. “Call all the infantry!” The officer looked puzzled. “Sir-” Another officer burst in. “Sir, the K’luth have decrypted all of the security codes and are now initiating a self-destruct!” Veronw didn’t know what to make of all this, but he did know what to do. “Get into the escape pods, NOW! No, nevermind that. Everybody get blasters! I mean…uh…” Veronw was franticly trying to come up with something, but for lack of memory, he did not come up with anything. “Wait a second…” Veronw may be a little dumb, but he still could think. He brought up a window, scrolled to “Codes” and entered “Encrypt.” Sure enough, the keyword had been programmed in, and the Ebon Hawk had just enough circuits to figure that someone had decrypted the codes, so it automatically opened all the doors. That was a bad move and a good move. Good because all the K’luth got sucked out into the vacuum of space, bad because Veronw was now hanging on the control panel for dear life, reaching for the button that read, “Cancel Self-Destruct”. He hit it, but it was a hoax created by the K’luth because it slipped off the dashboard. His last realization was that he had his back turned while griping with Dominator and the K’luth had somehow came in, put the fake button on the console, and walked out, before the whole ship exploded.

Chapter VII
Doran opened his eyes. He saw dark clouds against a gray-yellow background. He sat up and the first thing he saw was piles and piles of trash. He must be in the junkyard where (as he had heard) the K’luth dumped inoperable/unoccupied ships and people. He looked next to him and saw part of the Exterminator’s hull front sticking out of the pile he was on. He relaxed; the ships Point Defense would protect him. Then he tensed up again: If the ship’s PD was active, then it wouldn’t be here. It would have blown the K’luth to pieces. Then his brain reached a horrible thought. He hesitantly reached out towards the hull and pushed it a little. It fell over and tumbled down the pile. He then realized the sad truth: His ship was in pieces. He heard a moan come from beside him, and looked over to find Backslash *Jack* sprawled in the pile a few feet away from him. Backslash sat up, rubbing his head. The first thing he said was, “I feel like a banana split.” He chuckled painfully.

DARK SPACER

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-26 18:32   
Sorry Veronw, i already typed it out heh heh....but i won't make you lok weak anymore i promise (although when it comes to tough times i'll have to heh).

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-27 22:44   
lol

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-12 11:44   
I lost part of the story. I might not have saved it. I have to change my ideas and retype it. Sorry.

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-14 19:52   
Here is the rest of the chapter:

Chapter VII
Doran opened his eyes. He saw dark clouds against a gray-yellow background. He sat up and the first thing he saw was piles and piles of trash. He must be in the junkyard where (as he had heard) the K’luth dumped inoperable/unoccupied ships and people. He looked next to him and saw part of the Exterminator’s hull front sticking out of the pile he was on. He relaxed; the ships Point Defense would protect him. Then he tensed up again: If the ship’s PD was active, then it wouldn’t be here. It would have blown the K’luth to pieces. Then his brain reached a horrible thought. He hesitantly reached out towards the hull and pushed it a little. It fell over and tumbled down the pile. He then realized the sad truth: His ship was in pieces. He heard a moan come from beside him, and looked over to find Backslash *Jack* sprawled in the pile a few feet away from him. Backslash sat up, rubbing his head. The first thing he said was, “I feel like a banana split.” He chuckled painfully. Suddenly Veronw sat up a few feet away. “Where the tanj am I?” He asked Doran. “A jerk’s place.” Doran growled. “You betrayed us for nothing, you bastard.” Doran began moving toward Veronw, blaster in hand. Veronw gave a look of surprise. “I didn’t do anything!”
“Oh, yes you did. You allowed those K’luth to brainwash you. You nearly blew me up with gas a few years ago. You hit me enough times, Veronw, and now you die!” He aimed and fired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Look, your book did not go into the past (or at least from what i've read of it), and someone gets mad SOMEWHERE in this book. Pay more attention to books you read. They may insult you or call your bluff and take something to an extreme. Count on it.

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-12 19:07   
Chapter VII
Doran opened his eyes. He saw dark clouds against a gray-yellow background. He sat up and the first thing he saw was piles and piles of trash. He must be in the junkyard where (as he had heard) the K’luth dumped inoperable/unoccupied ships and people. He looked next to him and saw part of the Exterminator’s hull front sticking out of the pile he was on. He relaxed; the ships Point Defense would protect him. Then he tensed up again: If the ship’s PD was active, then it wouldn’t be here. It would have blown the K’luth to pieces. Then his brain reached a horrible thought. He hesitantly reached out towards the hull and pushed it a little. It fell over and tumbled down the pile. He then realized the sad truth: His ship was in pieces. He heard a moan come from beside him, and looked over to find Backslash *Jack* sprawled in the pile a few feet away from him. Backslash sat up, rubbing his head. The first thing he said was, “I feel like a banana split.” He chuckled painfully. Suddenly Veronw sat up a few feet away. “Where the tanj am I?” He asked Doran. “A jerk’s place.” Doran growled. “You betrayed us for nothing, you bastard.” Doran began moving toward Veronw, blaster in hand. Veronw gave a look of surprise. “I didn’t do anything!”
“Oh, yes you did. You allowed those K’luth to brainwash you. You nearly blew me up with gas a few years ago. You hit me enough times, Veronw, and now you die!” He aimed and fired.

Chapter VIII
Veronw crumpled, holding his leg and moaning. Backslash jumped on Doran. “Why did you have to do that, you murderer!” Suddenly Doran remembered something. “I couldn’t help it! These areas contain high amounts of mercury!” “MERCURY?! Boy, you really done it this time, Veronw!” But Doran, fighting the mercury (somewhat), shot Backslash in the foot, driving him down on a nail. “Er-” Doran started, but Backslash, clearly delirious with mercury, started beating Doran with a large piece of wood. “I hate this place! I hate you! I hate Veronw! I hate myself! I-” A loud sucking sound came from somewhere up above them. They looked up, and saw Dark Spacer standing on a circular platform, sucking up all the mercury. “Looks like you guys need a lift.” He said. “Get in my platform and I’ll take you to the Moon.” Doran looked puzzled. “How-” Suddenly he felt a strange buzzing all over his body. Then he started to fall apart. Seriously, his whole body was deteriorating. Then he started to feel like he was a giant Lego structure being pulled into a jet engine. Then everything went black.

Chapter IX
Nothing for a moment, then Veronw started to feel himself again and his sight came back. He was lying on a bed with white sheets. Some kind of billboard was above him. It said:

[Font 20, Bookman Old Style, Black]

[center]K’luth Headquarters[/center]

[Normal font]

K’luth Headquarters? Wasn’t that the bad guys? Veronw rolled over and fell off the bed. Very thin bed. Designed for smaller humanoid creatures. Not for UGTO. He saw Doran next to him and immediately something buzzed inside of him and a steel wall shot up between him and Doran. Computer chip implant? He thought the floor gave way for a second and the room started to tip and rolled all the way over, so Veronw, now upside-down, was lying in a cup-shaped chair and Doran was on top of him. Wait…wasn’t he right next to him before? Then the floor curved and dropped him against the wall and into his bed. Huh? ...His bed was against the wall now? ...or is it the floor? Then the whole room crushed in on itself and spiraled off into a series of twists and Veronw was now floating in the middle. Floating? ...And then the room twisted around and creaked and twisted some more, so he was looking at the shape of a K’luth. Then the whole room shot into a tiny point and he loomed huge in a vast expanse of a thousand planets and transport ships spinning around him. Then he saw all his shipmates and a million copies of the Ebon Hawk blowing up in front of thousands and thousands of laughing K’luth ships. Then the fire from the explosions turned into demons and began shooting big balls of what looked like gas planets at the ships. As each ball hit the ships, they turned into a gigantic rifle, and when every one had been turned into a rifle, they all turned and shot Veronw.

Dark Spacer
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-12 19:10   
Any questions or comments? Call 1-800-456-3245 (NOT!). or just post here.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021673 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR