No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » X3: The Reunion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author X3: The Reunion
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-10 23:43   
...I am so..freaking..getting this...

-Ent

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-11-11 11:09   
I'd get it, if my computer would run it.. My graphics card = teh sux.

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-11 12:36   
it requires 1gig of ram and is a killer on resources. I have 1 Gig of ram and still it gives me errors once in a while.

Is not as simple to play as DS, it takes time to learn all those commands. I thought it was gonna be an online game.

Email James Bum007
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-11-12 20:20   
From idly wandering around I have amassed a fleet of 3 M3 class ships, 5 M4's, 1 M5 and 2 Personel Transporters.

I have been rather lucky in finding an awesome Falcon that came with two 125MW shields, just drifting in space. It's as slow as heck but it's like sitting in a tank:-) Nothing much is going to hurt you.

My other two M3's and the M4's are currently just following me around while I explore.

Goto the website of Drafell
UNI0N
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-12 22:52   
Wish I could say the same but im still struggling with the controls.

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-13 00:11   
I'd bet a 2ghz AMD cpu with a Rad 9600-9800 ish can run this fine if tweaked correctly.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-11-13 08:12   
AMD 2500+ XP Processor
ATI 9600 XT 256MB GFX
512MB RAM

Currently running it at 1280*1024 and loweest texture/detail setings and getting regular freezes, slowdowns, LOTS of HD paging etc.

*EDIT*

Just clocked my PC to 2800+ XP. Works MUCH smoother.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-11-13 11:50 ]

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-11-13 21:32   
heheh....Draf...Your way behind me there bud =P

1 Destroyer already....I like to work REALLY hard so yeah....Right now im working on gaining control of a nice little system for myself...But other than that the game is real good guys...I suggest getting it if your computer can handle it correctly...

And im just running a simple Windows XP on a HP....I barely meet recommended requirements...yet im running it on high graphics with low shader...and running just fine with very few bumps...Maybe its because of the ATI Radeon X700 Pro....

-Hellwing

Email UnknownWarrior
Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-14 08:54   
How would this run on this machine:

AMD Athlon64 3000+
1 GB RAM
FX5200 128MB

It's the gfx card im worried about... if it wont run I'll have to wait till christmas, then im upgrading to a 512 MB gfx card

Rock

[Edit] Just checked screenshots, and I'm pretty sure it wont run on mine... bummer Unless i manage to switch my gfx card for my dad's x600... hmmm...

[ This Message was edited by: Rock [The Great Liberator] on 2005-11-14 08:56 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-11-14 09:52   
what was the release date?
could it be this: 29-10-2005?
i found a game X3 on a site of my local gameshop, but its pretty damn big and i wanna be sure that is it. It said it was released at 29-10-2005. Would that be it?

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-11-14 10:25   
That sounds about right.

Here is a link to the Official Website.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-11-14 10:30   
good:)
gonna buy tommorow or something like that:)

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-14 10:45   
Wow you guys are far already, I've only done a few things just having problems with the controls/commands, will have to spend more time with it.

Email James Bum007
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-11-14 11:23   
A small tip for anyone doing combat. Get the Fight Command Software MkI + and adjust the targetting to Laser AutoAim. Providing your mouse or cross hair is close enough to the enemy ship and flashing, the laser fire will automatically track.

Although many ships can mount a LOt of weaponry, it is a mistake to try fireing them all at once as you will drain you energy reserves in seconds. I advise having half the slots filled with the highest power weapons for your ship and grouped under 1, and the other half the weapons as low-medium damage and grouped to 2. When attacking larger vessels I will use the 1st grouping to quickly take down thier shields and then switch to group 2 for doing the hull damage in order to preserve energy and to increase the capture chances.
Against smaller ships I usually exclusively use the lower power grouping as it enables sustained fire for a much longer period and thus a much greater chance of hitting the enemy.

For larger battles I tend to use group 3 with a 50/50 split of high - low power armaments.
If you haven't already, then learn to use the strafe keys (WASD). Strafing also negatively affects your ability to target accurately, but it DOES enable you to avoid nearly all incoming laser fire.
If you are attempting to run from a cluster of pursuing enemies then pressing WASD sequencially (about 1 button press per second) is sufficient to evade nearly all missile and weapon fire (for a real test of courage try doing this across a Xenon sector with 50+ ships pursuing you including the BIG Xenon K's and J's).

If you are flying head in to an enemy and they use that annoying wave effect weapon that drains your shields, do NOT try turning away from it. Instead use strafe and fly directly into it. The radius of the weapon effect is a cone towards you and so trying to turn away actually leaves you in it's field for a longer period. Flying straight through also puts you at an advantage of being behind your enemy and out of their primary forward weapons. Once you are behind you can quickly somersault and keep behind that annoying ship.

Cuisinart
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-14 20:05   
I don't know if the following is true, but I have seen more than one warning about this game. The following was taken from a retailers website, can any of you confirm or deny this?

Quote:
BEWARE!! MALWARE!!
This game is one of the many products of the misguided attempt to prevent file sharing and so called pirating. In its attempt to prevent piracy, egosoft has bundled this game with some dangerous Malware that will change the way your DVD drive reads data. They have also encrpyted the entire game to prevent cracks and downloading of thier game. This attempt has negative results on the overall gameplay( random crashes, droped frame rates and freezes) and in the end will do nothing to boost egosoft's profits. Sony has made a similar mistake with thier music CD's and is now paying a heavy price for thier decptive business practices, I hope egosoft experiances the same backlash. My advise to gamers: give your computer a break and do not buy this game thereby subjecting it to dangerous Malware, trojans ect... You have been warned!! Play at your own risk!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016703 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR