No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » X3: The Reunion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author X3: The Reunion
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-14 20:22   
Holy CRAP, that game is pretty.

Email Bobamelius
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-11-15 06:01   
well i got it.
I just meet the minimum requirments, and im installing it now.
Hope its gonna work

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-11-15 07:43   
Quote:

On 2005-11-14 20:05, Cuisinart wrote:
I don't know if the following is true, but I have seen more than one warning about this game. The following was taken from a retailers website, can any of you confirm or deny this?

Quote:
BEWARE!! MALWARE!!
This game is one of the many products of the misguided attempt to prevent file sharing and so called pirating. In its attempt to prevent piracy, egosoft has bundled this game with some dangerous Malware that will change the way your DVD drive reads data. They have also encrpyted the entire game to prevent cracks and downloading of thier game. This attempt has negative results on the overall gameplay( random crashes, droped frame rates and freezes) and in the end will do nothing to boost egosoft's profits. Sony has made a similar mistake with thier music CD's and is now paying a heavy price for thier decptive business practices, I hope egosoft experiances the same backlash. My advise to gamers: give your computer a break and do not buy this game thereby subjecting it to dangerous Malware, trojans ect... You have been warned!! Play at your own risk!!

They are talking about the Keyless protection protocol they are using, and it just shows how little these review sites understand how such software works. It is NOT malware and doesn't negatively impact how the game performs.

Linky with a full interview about Starforce with the developers.

Starforce Compatibility Statistic, Ubisoft reports...

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-11-15 08:34 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-11-16 06:27   
Okay managed to get my hands on a copy

its going online tonight and im glad you dont have to fly in stations anymore.... that was a PAIN! and time consuming

- Axi

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-16 09:23   
got it to, never played X before, had to land on some thing, that didnt really work:P

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-16 09:24   
got it to, never played X before, had to land on some thing, that didnt really work:P

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-25 13:39   
Sorry for the gravedigging of this topic buuuut... I just got my hands on this game, and it runs SMOOTH on my computer:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (2,08GHz)
512Mb DDR
ATi Radeon 9200, 128Mb. OC @ 13%(I use 13% for excessive gaming, 21% for short term).

Sounds like not a chance in hell, right? This runs it VERY smooth at medium textures, low shaders, antialiasing on, anitropic filtering on(4x) and 1024x768 resolution in windowed mode(I believe I could run it with high textures and medium shaders if I disabled antialiasing, but it looks more pretty with antialiasing on).

Had "Too low virtual memory" problems for a while after I went into a very busy system, but increased the pagefile size and these problems were GONE. Turned off all unnecessary programs(WinAmp agent, scanner/printer status icon, other unneeded scrap..) and it performed even better.

I was totally surprised by the dramatic performance boost after a little tweaking.. The screen only gumps if I spin around in a very tight system very close to several high detailed stations, and it's only a couple seconds slowdown, and then it runs smooth again.

I'm only buggering around in a M4, "Argon Buster" trying to figure out how things work.. Looks like I more or less accidentally bought a ticket for lottery that halved the money amount in my wallet for now, too .

I strongly suggest this game, you can get it running very nicely on a little more ancient end computer, like mine after a little tweaking, too. The planet Argon Prime kept me looking at it for over 10 minutes with all the fine details.

PS. If you go and overclock your VD like me, I'm not responsible if something(everything) goes wrong.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-12-25 14:04   
With the 1.3 patch it runs smmoth, until you encounter PSG fire, in which case expect your FPS to go backwards.
The recent 1.3 patch fixed most other stuff but screwed up the PSG

Goto the website of Drafell
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-12-25 14:22   
Quote:

On 2005-11-16 06:27, The Grinch wrote:
Okay managed to get my hands on a copy

its going online tonight and im glad you dont have to fly in stations anymore.... that was a PAIN! and time consuming

You do know you could have just hit ESC to autodock right?

And oh yeah, X3 rocks

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-12-26 00:16   
Poor starforce... very misunderstood. I like the contest they're doing; putting their program's trustability on the line for $3000 buckeroos.

I think this game is dual-core advantageous; I've got the game running on full settings in fullscreen, and I'm getting 34-45 FPS.

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-26 09:56   
I figured out one thing.. Shooting all the roids you see into smaller pieces is bad in the visual department.. . I'm still wondering what I'm supposed to do, where to go.. Banshee instructed me into Ore Belt to kill the pirates, but there was only 1 squad of pirates and none in the next 2½ hours... :

All tips and instructions accepted .

EDIT: I now downloaded a mod to adjust the asteroid count, theres stupidly many of them without it.. And started a new game, with the "Normal" template.. Easier start with 5000 credits and 2 beta particle accelerator cannons..

[ This Message was edited by: Darksoldier *S1* on 2005-12-27 04:09 ]

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-27 02:52   
I got my new laptop about a week ago (old one's screen got busted) and now im more confident about running it...

Pentium M 760 (2.0 GHz)
1 GB RAM
Mobility Radeon x700 (256 MB)

I could use my christmas money and go pick it up if it werent for these bloody exams... I wanna go get it but I know myself... new game = failing exams.

Oh well, I've never played games within 6 months of their release anyway, wont be any different this time

Rock

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.024140 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR