No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » You guys obviously don't get it, so I'm gonna explain it to you.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author You guys obviously don't get it, so I'm gonna explain it to you.
no71171 *CL*[retired]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-13 18:39   
This is the first post that I have made in the forums in almost a year of playing DS. I used to own my own game, and do all the coding for it, so I do have a clue as to what it takes to put a game together and make everything work.

I agree with what Jack said, in that the base code of the game is stable, and is ALMOST very playable. There are only a few imbalances in the game that need to be worked out for everyone to be happy. I used to do "hotfixes" in my game code all the time, in fact, that is how most of the good coding was done.....4am and banging away on the keyboard, testing, and implementing the changes...I've been there many times. I really wish that the coders/developers would fix the problems(there aren't that many).

For me, the game is almost unplayable at present due to minor issues that need to be fixed if the players are going to continue to play the game, at least play it with honor and integrity anyway. I will not point fingers or name players who I have seen using/abusing certain game "bugs". I am not looking for a fight here in the forums, I only wish to voice my concerns over the fact that only a few small issues are ruining this game for a lot of players, myself included. All that I ask for is a Fair/Level playing field. Nothing more, nothing less.

Email no71171 *CL*[retired]
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-13 19:02   
Through all this we all have to realize, that no matter how fairly the rest of us play, no matter what points we bring up, there are simply people who do not care.

Who don't care who they drive away (actually proud that they do), people that don't care that they are ruining this game, people who don't care as long as their little prestige statistic goes up and they can call down on vets the pwn with their ships.

Yes - people who don't care - and probably woulden't even if DS suddenly went down.

Yes, there these people - and its the contribution of these people who don't care that really do stick the hot poker in the snowball, and ruin it for the rest of us.

Not to name names of course. They know who they are.

But its a fact, these things exist. We hope for a patch to fix imbalence, and yet, we don't see it. Instead, more vets, and some not-so-vets, leave every day, because of people who just...don't care. Who get fed up with the same problems, the same bull, the same 'I art l33ter than thou' arguements, the same arrogance, the same newbish attitudes, the same long days, and the same, old, damn, exploits.

All these things. Can we do anything about them? Hell no, as the RoC doesn't have a rule against being a dick to others. Can we fix the problems ourselves? Nope - we just have to wait for someone else to do it.

But 4 months has gone by without a fix, without ANYTHING. And yeah, im fed up. And there are many others too.

3 years of the same old problems - the same damn exploits in some form or another, and this is the worst patch. The only patch where infact, skill or balence is totally out the window - and the game is won by those with no coincence.

There is no room anymore for words of 'copeing' and 'adapting' and 'sucking it up' and dealing with it. No, this isn't about a faction being freaking better than another or any of the bull, that so many people throw around.

This isn't about whining, or bitching, or complaining, and it sure as hell isn't anymore about who is better.

No, this is simply about a balenced game.

For all you ICC who continually tells us to cope and that this patch is fine just because you have your powerful ships, grow up and think about people other than yourself.

For all you UGTO who think that the Picket or anything close that power is okay, you need to remember what balence is.

For all the Kluth who think that we forgot how bad you got it, heres my raised mug to you.

But all in all, I think we all need to cut the crap. I mean, really cut it. This has been going on too long and this is pretty much, turned us all sour. All this smack talking, all this im better wah wah you suck wah wah your lame wah wah. Im tired of it, im sure everyone else is too.

No, what we need to do really, is cut this crap. I think its time to acknowledge the facts, and know what needs to fixed, and know what we should do, SHOULD do, because there are those who don't care anyways.

No these facts stand - not as factional bias, no this is about balence. This is about fair play. This is about being sportsmanlike, and having goddamn basic coutesy, and knowing where to draw the line - since no one else seems to.

Honestly people - this isn't Darkspace. This is not how its supposed to be. Wake up and realize this, and realize for god's sake, that this is a game that we all play, and enjoy, and its not a single player game - we all play. We're all REAL people. So before the next time we all start beating our heads in, need to remember this.

Maybe in a few days, Ill post something along the lines of balence.

-Ent

tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-13 19:41   
wow, i thought i was the only one who felt this way. hearing jacks opinion on this is a surprise and shows the dire situation that ds is in. Now I admit I havent been as diehard as many of you, in that I quit playing, but i did beta test and I like some have you pointed out thought that this release was rushed as the fix all patch. It seemed like one day the admins were saying the patch would be out in a month or two, then the next day i was on the MV when the patch went in release (it was a very rocky update from the get go)

Now my question is this, wasnt one of the key points of this patch that it allowed F to update and fix bugs easier and faster? Now please realise that I am not being snide I just want to make sure that is one of the reasons.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-11-13 22:53   
Well, at least we don't have people saying "n00b" to each other constantly. I find that really annoying.

Yes, I'll be logging in every day until the end, if there is one. You can't really follow up a post like Ent's, or Back's, or $ythe's. But I've been here for a year and 3/4, and this game, (when I first started playing) was the first game that really appealed to my tastes, at least more than all the other's I've played. I really liked this game. I tried to play it every day. It was fun, there were lots of people, I made friends. A little more effort in fixing the bugs in this game, and DS could have that again. No more empty lobby, no more rants about imbalances (or at least a lot less). This game can be revived...it just needs more effort. And for those people who are proud of driving away people, that's just malicious. And if you're proud of that too, so be it.

And whoever got tractored into a planet....lol......

And Backy didn't get the first reply for this post! Hahaha!

[ This Message was edited by: Starfury {Last of the Raven} on 2005-11-13 22:55 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Philky!

Posted: 2005-11-14 02:37   
n00b

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-14 11:10   
I remeber a time when you would shoot a p-torp and would lag into other system....bouncing around not being able to do a thing about but pray you don't die. The stability of this game has come far and I only get lag when certain people are around me. I feel a lot of members left cause 1, PB ruled the MV, 2 they made some major changes in this current patch, and 3, after 4-5 years of playing, some felt it was time to move on. But in time, as it did for me, they might come back for the quality fun we can create here=) It has nothing to do with people complaining. We each have the choice to read or not to read someones post...and to respond or not to respond=)

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-15 05:01   
Ah yes the pain of going from the old to the new......guys....the old peeps are not going to stay forever the new breed of DS will come and so will the gripings of the old that are still here.........deal with it....you all are humans/animals adapt to it and dont gripe.....

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-15 05:03   
I only read the first couple posts btw and thought it was retarded and didnt warrant my time......

slice
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-15 06:26   
Quote:

On 2005-11-15 05:03, Galactic Drunk (JRE) wrote:
I only read the first couple posts btw and thought it was retarded and didnt warrant my time......

But you found the time for this stupid post eh? Good job

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016910 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR