Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Just my opinion
 Author Just my opinion
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-25 15:56   
Judgeing from what I read everyday here, this game will NEVER get back to what it was. The community has turned on each other and there is no team players anymore. This game is starting to look like all the rest of the game communities, fighting, bitching, whineing, don't care about anyone but themselves attitudes. And it is only getting worse.

Now as for the continued updates for this game. Lets see...
Richard now has a full time job. A wife, a house to take care of, don't know of any children. When the hell do you think he will have time to work on fixing this game? You think updates came too slow before? Wake up! He will not outsource any help because he is too friggin scared that somebody will run off with his code and create a better version of the game that he no longer has the time for. The ONLY option I see for him to pull this game out of the hole that it is in is for him to start trusting a few of his comminity players that know programming. Otherwise, you might as well start looking for a new online game to play. And I highly dought that he would be willing to sell Dark Space to anyone.

Use you heads and it was nice knowing some of you.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-25 17:07   
Quote:

Sorry, for the long delay... but as many of you already know I no longer live in Dallas, TX... I'm now back in Austin!

Much of my free time lately, when I have it, has been getting the house unpacked and livable again. This is the first upcoming weekend that we don't have any major unpacking to do.

Prior to the move to Austin... I had quite a bit of progress with some changes, however much of the changes that remained were data related and time intensive.
What I mean by that, was that I had to edit every device for all ships and hook up it's upgrades.

Anyway, again I apologize for the delays... some things just cannot be helped. <---

-Richard

Nuff said.

-Ent

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-25 19:12   
... ents right ..

Email Borgie
shadey
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-25 19:51   
Sadly I feel that Ent is wrong. I have seen many posts like this from F saying the same thing, yet nothing changes, well atleast nothing changes for the better. Each version containes promises of a fixed product, yet each version houses more play ruining bugs and imbalances, stuff that were known issues in beta but not fixed. yet we get no explanation why the current versions bugs werent fixed in beta, and why they are not fixing them now instead of yet again working on a new and "Improved" version.

Now I understand that F is busy, but if i am going to pay to play a game, I expect something that is fair, fun, and entertaining and until then i shall not play. Now this is not meant to incite a flame war, orinsult anyone from palestar it is just an attempt to explain why so many people are "whineine". IF it wasnt broke would we hear so many complaints. please open your eyes palestar and start fixing bugs in the current version before you introduce new ones.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-25 21:30   
Quote:

On 2005-11-25 17:07, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, for the long delay... but as many of you already know I no longer live in Dallas, TX... I'm now back in Austin!

Much of my free time lately, when I have it, has been getting the house unpacked and livable again. This is the first upcoming weekend that we don't have any major unpacking to do.

Prior to the move to Austin... I had quite a bit of progress with some changes, however much of the changes that remained were data related and time intensive.
What I mean by that, was that I had to edit every device for all ships and hook up it's upgrades.

Anyway, again I apologize for the delays... some things just cannot be helped. <---

-Richard

Nuff said.

-Ent

Hey Ent, Why on God's green earth, did Richard move to Austin? Lets take a look at that question for a min. Is it so he could have an affair? Or maybe to catch the next hurricane that blows in? NO! It was to take a full time programming job because DS is not makeing enough money for him. So, depending on what time he gets home, he will be up till 12 to 2 am working on DS and then back up by say 5 am to get to work. This is my schedule and it kills me! By day 3 of up till midnight or 1 am, I can not function durring the day. He does that, starts to make mistakes at work or slows progress and they will terminate him. And not to mention that IF he does spend all his free time on DS, his wife will divorce him. Nope, don't think he is gonna let that happen either. So, you tell me when will he have TIME to work on DS other than Saturday? Because I know his wife will have him doing things around the house on one of the weekend days.

Now, you can "Nuff said" all you want, but dont loose sight of the facts! One day a week of working on DS is not near enough time that it needs.

Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-11-25 21:33   
Quote:

Much of my free time lately, when I have it,

Read that over and over again till you can understand the meaning Ent.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-25 21:47   

Version 1.480 ...

Know it would bring back at least 50 players.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Scythe
Commander

Posted: 2005-11-25 22:09   
As this topic has been made for nothing else than to incite vocal disagreements from other players as well as being used for flat out arguments it is now locked.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, the only person who knows whats going on is Faustus, anything else is just heresay and conjecture.

Darkspace Developer

Commander - Line Station Excalibur

Captain - Assault Dreadnaught Australis

Page created in 0.015920 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR