No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Mirv Peace Treaty
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Mirv Peace Treaty
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-11-30 09:53   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 19:58, borgie wrote:

well ent even in the next patch theres going to be ways to wipe planets clan just for whoring, it might harder yes but even then im sure it will be done as easy. but i know for one thing my combat skills as have been on the raise( you can ask anyone on the ugto side i flowen with) that wher eim getting 3-5 kills a night with 150+ to ship damage during these big fights. and hell when im not combat im in a builder rebuilding what was nuked the night before. which i find to be a even a bigger pres gain rate then bombing..

Oh yeah sure-_-
your a real good combat pilot-_-

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-30 11:51   
I say lets make a combat event on a combat map, stop complaining about Mirvs, lets do some real combat, who's in this saturday, 7 pm, GMT?

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-30 14:36   
hehhe, funny how some of u select quoted some of the more...combat inclined people and yet ignored me.....sigh....lol well i guess for only a year and a half of play and only 3.3k bombing pres from the LAST VERSION i cant be considered an actually combatant.......*sigh* oh well the game goes on, tilll everyone leaves cus of others who complain far too much...

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-29 10:11   
I agree with the whole sale mirving ban, and overall prestige whoreing its definatly out of hand. But on the other side of mirvs, they are a important tactical weapon. If your sy planet gets capped and the enemy who logged thier ships out and can now magicly spawn a ship constructed 4 systems away here in your home system and begin wipeing out the rest of your planets what do you do?. You MIRV THEM!!, its tactical, you stop the invasion and force them to use a wh to return (which is how they should have to arrive anyhow). Now to make a mirv a completly tactical weapon they should be ZERO PRES GAIN or a LOSS OF PRES, this would insure that it was a tactical choice that who ever decided to use the weapon would be making a choice with the knowlege that it would gain him nothing but the ablity to defend/take the system he is in or after. The loss of pres would probably be a better idea as that would mimic the negative reaction the player would recieve from the inhabitants of the system when they wonder if they are the next tactical sacrifice for the greater good of the faction.

Just a thought.

[ This Message was edited by: HaVoX on 2005-12-29 10:12 ]

Email HaVoX
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-29 10:14   
Also on the logging of ships, I belive any logged ship should spawn in the Home gate of the faction it belongs to, or the nearest ship yard in the system it logged in. The fact that you can log a ship and move it clean across the MV is unrealistic and totaly out of control.

Email HaVoX
Katyusha
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-29 10:53   
You could just as easily neutron/biobomb and capture the planet intact which would also give you the yard back. Now if there was a loss of pres or zero pres gain, nobody would use them, which basically means nobody would use them. Though I do see a use in getting rid of horribly built planets.

On the part where people would react badly to MIRVing, technically I doubt they'd appreciate being liquified by neutron bombs either.

Just either fix the bloody MIRV or get rid of it... and everyone's said the same thing about the yards for ages... well nothing we can do about it for now, so everyone's stuck with them.

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-29 11:02   
To true on the bio/nuet point as far as population appreciation, but i have nueted theinf off of a sy planet and they still used the sy. I am sure by shutting down certain other buildings but it was not a cure all, and i do play luth so most the time its impossiable to nuet and cap a semi defended planet where as ours are semingly capped with ease. I'm sure a large part of this on my part is due to the fact i havent played since 03 and am just returning, but it still seems a bit off balance. But the one thing i have noticed is if i mirv the sy, they dont come back out at that planet

Email HaVoX
Katyusha
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-29 11:08   
I find KLs to have the easiest ships to cap planets with actually... UGTO planets are just as easy to cap as yours as, both have utter trash for Point Defense. (Drop cloud, turn away, wait, enjoy fireworks) ICC defenses? Drop your cloud, dash ahead cloaked, and park yourself between the planets and bombs by eating the PD fire as your bombs fly past, unless you ph34r the ship pwn1ng power of the mighty pulse laser.

If you dont want 'em to use the yard, park a cloaked ship within 1k GU of the planet... they wont be using the yard either. If you neutron/biobomb the planet and capture it, they wont be using that yard also. The only thing the KLs have to worry about as far as bombing goes is a defending ship... which everyone has problems with I'm sure.

Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-29 14:51   
may the killing begin!!!

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-12-29 15:56   
WHY WONT YOU LET THESE THINGS DIE!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHH Read the dates people. READ THE DATES. THEY STOPPED BEING REPLIED TO FOR A REASON.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh another thing proving the Theory of Evolution wrong.

-Ent

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2005-12-29 20:09   
what i would like to know@122232 is why do you change you name every other day we all know you as angry angle anyway why change it so many times to come to prey hunter the only prey you find id planets...

Email TroyMars
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-29 20:11   
Let this die, we've gotten over this, now lets all shut the flux up. Now.

lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-12-29 22:36   
I just cant figure out why it is so bad, damn we use it, its legal bombing, i just cant figure out why every1 is agaisnt Mirv bombs, in a way say no to PCM'S, fighters, asteroid bombing.....

[ DARKSPACE STAFF ] Website & News Editor / DarkSpace.net [ FRANÇAIS ]

Email lightning[Voyager][ A ]   Goto the website of lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-12-30 06:28   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 10:28, BackAlley wrote:
Oh Yes when the new version comes out .....OMG am I going to have fun hunting down and demoting all the people who got high ranks from bombing....

heh.. im gonna love watching em run

wait they already do that ..

Email Borgie
$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-30 11:00   
I claim no boundaries to any stupid treaty, i will renounce this treaty, and will mirv where and how i see fit, u dont want ur planet leveled, then build it right, and as far as bombing and re building goes... why? best to watch ur nme work 2times as hard. Anywho, PICKLES HOT, PICKLES AWAY.
see u all in there
Fleet Admiral [*BUM*]$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}-
Sirius Sector: KLUTH

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020127 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR