No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Different Meta-Verse
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Different Meta-Verse
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 13:56   
Could there be a meta-verse that limits ships to Cruiser and Below? (In addition to the current one.)

Currently, a single Dreadnaught can wax an entire star system pretty much without breaking a sweat. I've watched a planet that had a 12 defence from lvl 3 weapons (19 total def) get wacked without ever even returning fire. (Yes, it also had sensors; and Yes, the weapons bases were active and functional.)

I also have gotten a little tired of having the only notification of an enemy ship being around is when the 'DESTROYED BY xxxxx' window pops up. (Killed with one shot from a dred)

Just a thought.

[ This Message was edited by: Uberhunde on 2005-11-29 13:56 ]

Goto the website of Uberhund
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:02   
I don't need to be an admin or developer to know the awnser to this one!

"No."

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:03   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 13:56, Uberhunde wrote:
Could there be a meta-verse that limits ships to Cruiser and Below? (In addition to the current one.)

Currently, a single Dreadnaught can wax an entire star system pretty much without breaking a sweat. I've watched a planet that had a 12 defence from lvl 3 weapons (19 total def) get wacked without ever even returning fire. (Yes, it also had sensors; and Yes, the weapons bases were active and functional.)

I also have gotten a little tired of having the only notification of an enemy ship being around is when the 'DESTROYED BY xxxxx' window pops up. (Killed with one shot from a dred)

Just a thought.

Here is a funny fact: As I am reading this I look down at Uberhunde's Sig and it says

*If you can't run with us, then stay on the Porch!*.

nough said

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:26   
No, it's not 'Nuf Said'. (Let me guess, your garage is just cram-packed with dreds, isn't it?)

I've worked hard to achive my rank and continue to build on it. However, to me it would be more fun and balanced to have a universe where a single ship can not defeat a defended planet on its own and where every other ship is not a dreadnaught.

The most fun I've had in this game is doing fleet manuvers either against a planetary system or another faction's fleet. Restricting ships to Cruiser or lower would 'encourage' this type of play more. Wouldn't you rather have a good battle than just another session spent glassing planets and killing noobs?

I'm not proposeing they drop the current metaverse, just add a new one.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:36   
dreads arent the only ships that can level planets single handedly.. do we restrict cruisers, dessies, frigates and scouts as well? what about transports, some of those have boms on them. are stations ok? stations can mount bomber fighters and camp well away from a planet...

or how about just restict the bomber variants of each repective ship class. if you cant fly a dread, those that normally do are that much more likely to A: stop playing all together, B: fly dessies and wipe the map with you anyway...
newbie is resticted to dessies and under, yet you dont see many poeple in there. how many do you think would be in this no-dread metaverse?

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2005-11-29 14:38 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-29 14:58   
Quote:

A few notes here where are inconsistent from my playing experience this version.

A.) The only current dreadnoughts capable of 'waxing entire systems without breaking a sweat' is A.1) The Bomber Dreadnought, A2.) The Command Dreadnought, and I would probably take the gander at the Gangila.

And B.) The only possible ways you can get one hit killed by a Dreadnought in this version is being in an unmodded, unupgraded, -->Destroyer<-- or below, while --->sitting still<---.

OR

B2.) Your in an unupgraded scout and get in the path of a QST or IC.

Because of that slim chance...Id say that it is unlikely that one can assume that Dreadnoughts are that powerful.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2005-11-29 15:01 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-11-29 15:09   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 13:56, Uberhunde wrote:

No.
Quote:

Currently, a single Dreadnaught can wax an entire star system pretty much without breaking a sweat. I've watched a planet that had a 12 defence from lvl 3 weapons (19 total def) get wacked without ever even returning fire. (Yes, it also had sensors; and Yes, the weapons bases were active and functional.

A bomber dessie can do this, easily, a bomber cruiser can do it, a jump cruiser can do it. Why ban just the dreads? You'd have to ban the cruisers and destroyers too.
Quote:

What game are you bloody playing? I can be in a cruiser and dread, and be beaten by a player whos had three minutes in a destroyer, hell, a scout for that matter.

Think alittle more on the matter m8

-Crim

[ This Message was edited by: Crim {Retired} on 2005-11-29 15:10 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 15:28   
Sorry. I earned my right to fly my dreads, to smash and destroy your puny ship with it. If you want to play with Dessies and under, go play newbie. Just because you want to use cruisers now and own dessies with it, is tough beans. Learn to fly against dreads, because like everyone else here at the moment, you just want the easy way to prestige. You don't want people above you to kill you, making it easier. You just got 2ndRA, which means you have cruisers, and what a surprise, you want a cruiser and under MV...

Again... No

Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 15:42   
Stop whineing and actually READ the post before you spout off trash about having to ban troop carriers and such.

I never said I don't want players to be able to capture planets at all. If one has no defences, more power to ya. However, I don't think it is very realalistic to have a single ship be able to take out a well-defended planet. (Name ANY well known SCI-FI story where one could. The Deathstar was a one-of-a-kind battle-station, not a ship. . .) Capturing ANY well defended planet SHOULD require a fleet action, and should still not be a guarrenteed victory.

Planetary defences should have a better range than a ship or station's weapons, and planetary sensors should be able to pick up any SINGLE large ship, even cloaked, within a ship's weapons range. After all, concider the power requirements and availability. Ships (should) have very limited power available compared to an entire planet's generating potential. A planet is not a ship. It can research all the technology of even the largest ship or station (Where do you think they came from?) and has a vastly larger resorce pool to draw on. Capturing (READ CAREFULLY HERE) => Well Defended <= planets should not be so easy everyone gets bored doing it.

If you can get a Hvy Transport close enough to drop troops on a planet with an interdictor and a good amount of weaponary firing at you, go for it. The only way a lone bomber-destroyer can take a planet is if it has little or no defences. The fleet actions I've been involved in have been with cruiser-bombers, and those still needed support from fleet ships against well defended planets.

= = =

The multitude of times I've been destroyed by a single shot I was in an upgraded engineering ship, but yes I was sitting still.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-29 15:46   
Quote:

On 2005-11-29 15:42, Uberhunde wrote:
[all the stuff about bombing requireing fleet engagements]

I fully and wholely agree with you there. Period. End of.

Quote:

= = =

The multitude of times I've been destroyed by a single shot I was in an upgraded engineering ship, but yes I was sitting still.

Yeah...your kinda not supposed to survive shots from a Dreadnought if your sitting still...

-Ent

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-29 17:27   
Ah, the inherent balance problems of 1.483...

Don't blame the dreadnoughts. Just grab an ED and kill them.

Email Bobamelius
Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-29 18:26   
am i the only one here who thinks dreads suck in this version? cuz they do uberhunde, IF U can be beaten by a dread in any cruiser (the dictor is exempt, but should ALWAYS travel with a combat buddy anyways) then you need to get better(no offense). NOW i PREY for the day when dreads and stations are feared once again, like the good old days like 3 years ago or something(wow ive been abroud that long and im still only admiral , sad huh?)but until then there is no reason to whine about being beaten by dreads, because frankly, they SUCK. <------period (lol get it?) (why do i use so many parentheses?)

p.s. the ONLY time a dread should ever be used now (and by only i mean the times when you wont get hurt to badly) is in dread to dread combat, 1 on 1 with some cruisers if u surprise them, or a station fest (those are fun) (wtf is with these parentheses?)

Pessimistically,

-Me

Edit:p.p.s and, jack, every time i look at your sig i see some chicks boobs, why?

[small][ This Message was edited by: Dominator_243 on 2005-11-29 18:27 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Dominator_243 on 2005-11-29 18:28 ]

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-11-29 20:05   
hell excatly.. my bd jumped 50 gu's from a ed sitting still alphaed it and the dessie was still at 90 precent shields.. only time i ever seen my ship get killed in barrage was from ents qst and that was a sup ship..(painful i might add)

Email Borgie
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-11-30 05:09   
1) Dreads arent to powerfull at all this version
2) Picket dessy and above can all single handed take out any dread, you just need to know how to fly.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-30 07:07   
I look at people in this thread, and a lot of who are either mirv whores, or ex mirv whores...

I agree with you, dreads suck. But, (and I mean no offence to anyone), what would you (not anyone person I'm talking too here) know about feared dreads?

I mean... I can't really talk about bombing (well I can, but I won't touch it because I want to turn around next version and say "Hey, I'm skilled!"), because I don't bomb much (at all). But I can turn around and say "Hey, combat freaking sucks!", because it's all I do.

Ah screw it, I'll just get flamed for saying that anyway...

Dreads do suck (ESPECIALY THE EAD). But like dominator said, if you can't beat a dread in this version, then I laugh at your lack of skill... Seriously, a SCOUT can beat a dread. It really, really, really isn't hard to beat even the best of dread pilots. I mean, I'm quite capable of flying dreads, I was in the EAD 24/7 back in 1.480>2 ... Now, I can't even kill a scout, frigate, destroyer... Not even another dread sometimes. They truely do SUCK.

And I'll say again... All you want is easy prestige, because newbie doesn't support cruisers... Well tough luck, you're a big boy now, stop flying in newbie going for the easy kills, you should of been out of there and into the MV quiet some time ago. Don't like being owned by a dread (again, HOW?), tough freaking luck. It's what their designed to do. Few of us who actualy EARNED the PROPER right to fly them, deserve to be able to own you and ... Yes, they are meant to own you rather quickly. You are meant to go "HOLY CRAP, RUN RUN RUN RUN!" if you're on your own against a dread, even with another cruiser buddy, you should be questioning your ability to take it down.

And when I say earned the right, I mean earned. Not someone with a planets damaged to ships destroyed ratio of 50:1.

- (A very, very annoyed and angry) Jack

p.s. Domy, it must just be you...

[edit]

And Domy, no, dreads shouldn't only be used v dreads. They are meant to be the main drive of a fleet. They should scatter smaller ships to every compass point. They are meant to be slow, and slaughter EVERYTHING that gets in there way. The problem being that a lot of people (including you (lets be honest here)), haven't really earned the right to fly many of the dreads. You should in honesty be below Admiral (I can see your planets damaged stat is a bit high compaired to the rest of your profile).

Dreads are the main drive of the fleet. They should turn the tides of battles. Not be the laughing stock of them.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-11-30 07:10 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022548 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR