No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Different Meta-Verse
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Different Meta-Verse
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-30 13:25   
You guys sure wander in the things you're replying to, sometimes making up new topics entirely.

That and the overwhelming negativity to a simple, innocent suggestion. Just because you disagree with something doesn't make the poster a noob, without skill, or an idiot.

That said, for the reasons mentioned above, without the overwhelming negativity and side-tracks, the implementation of a lower-level-capped MV is not likely. There were dreams long ago of "zones" where newbies could hangout, like the newbie server, and be free of larger ships. These were, however, but dreams and don't seem to be anywhere near implementation.

Email Shigernafy
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-11-30 14:27   
i agree with a lot of statements here, but overwhelmingly i agree with shig.....not to beat the well dead horse or anything, and not to add to the surprising amount of pessimism, but it would never work.....AND DREADS DONT SUCK!!! i mean come on i use a carrier dread and i can kill off loads of enemies in it!!! (and yes i do take large amounts of irratating dmg from a dessy, but look at it this way, they are smaller and more agile than a dread, and are supposed to avoid fire!!! ADAPT!!!!! its what the human race is good for)

Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2005-11-30 15:32   
1: I'm the first to admit my combat skills need work. Only 17 kills, and 130+ damaged vessles. So far no one has responded to my queries on showing me the ropes in that area.

2: If any of you would like to check, I'm still only a 2nd RA and can not fly anything over a destroyer. (Except an Interdictor) Current combat vessel of choice is a modded/upgraded Gunboat with Fusion Torpedos instead of missles.

3: I didn't say I didn't expect my engineer not to be killed by a superior ship. What I was trying to get across was while building a planet (that has sensors) I get no warning what so ever that an enemy is around. And you can't exactly build a planet while racing around at top speed. . .

Dreads SHOULD be the top of the food chain when it comes to other ships and even for a low to mid DEF level planet. All I'm trying to say is a single ship of any kind should not be able to take an entire well defended solar system by itself. Currently there is NO WAY to build a self-defending planet and have any real expectation that it will still be there in the next 10 minutes. Heaven help it if you need to put in a FAC or SY. Even planets with heavily armed moons get glassed over on a regular basis.

Historically, it has been as listed below and in any one-on-one engagement the higher level ship is expected to win. Packs of lower level vessels may still be able to overwhelm a superior ship, but will likely experience heavy loses doing so.

Armed Ports (Planets -Varies based on DEF lvl- & Battle Stations)
Ships of the Line (Drednaughts)
Hvy Cruisers (No game equiv. Maybe support stations?)
Cruisers
* Ships below this level typically were unable to engage in indepent military action except commerse raiding, but rather acted as fleet auxillary vessels. (May be able to work in a 'pack')
Destroyers
Frigates
Armed Merchants (Transports/Engineers)
Unarmed merchants and ports

Goto the website of Uberhund
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-30 16:23   
Quote:

On 2005-11-30 15:32, Uberhunde wrote:
3: I didn't say I didn't expect my engineer not to be killed by a superior ship. What I was trying to get across was while building a planet (that has sensors) I get no warning what so ever that an enemy is around. And you can't exactly build a planet while racing around at top speed. . .

You get a "SERVER:" warning when an enemy ship is spotted by a planet...

Quote:

Dreads SHOULD be the top of the food chain when it comes to other ships and even for a low to mid DEF level planet. All I'm trying to say is a single ship of any kind should not be able to take an entire well defended solar system by itself. Currently there is NO WAY to build a self-defending planet and have any real expectation that it will still be there in the next 10 minutes. Heaven help it if you need to put in a FAC or SY. Even planets with heavily armed moons get glassed over on a regular basis.

I agree fully with this point.

Quote:

Historically, it has been as listed below and in any one-on-one engagement the higher level ship is expected to win. Packs of lower level vessels may still be able to overwhelm a superior ship, but will likely experience heavy loses doing so.

Armed Ports (Planets -Varies based on DEF lvl- & Battle Stations)
Ships of the Line (Drednaughts)
Hvy Cruisers (No game equiv. Maybe support stations?)
Cruisers
* Ships below this level typically were unable to engage in indepent military action except commerse raiding, but rather acted as fleet auxillary vessels. (May be able to work in a 'pack')
Destroyers
Frigates
Armed Merchants (Transports/Engineers)
Unarmed merchants and ports

Planets and/or Stations. = Planets (duh) and Station variants.
Assault Dreadnaughts = Siphon, Assault Dread, Elite Assault Dread
Battle Dreadnaughts = Mandable, Combat Dread, Battle Dread
Support Dreadnaughts = Ganglia, Command Dread, Command Dread, Carrier Dread, Missile Dread
Assault Cruisers = Scale (I think), Assault Cruiser, Torp Cruiser
Battle Cruisers = (I have no idea what the Kluth ship here is), Heavy Cruiser, Battle Cruiser
Support Cruisers = Interdictors, Missile/Fighter Cruisers and other.
Assault Destroyers = ...
Battle Destroyers = ...
Frigates + etc
Scouts + etc

Anyway you get the idea...

Unarmed ships such as Engineers and Transports...

Engineers should have a cruisers defence (but obviously little offence), and transports have the defence of a destroyer and same as above, little offence.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-11-30 17:11   
Quote:

On 2005-11-30 16:23, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Planets and/or Stations,Assault Dreadnaughts,Battle Dreadnaughts,Support Dreadnaughts.....

Anyway you get the idea...

Unarmed ships such as Engineers and Transports...

Engineers should have a ....

and dont forget sups that will kick your heiny from here to 7 ways from next thursday if you look at 'em crosseyed
>=)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010184 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR