No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Jocks vs. Emo Kids
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Jocks vs. Emo Kids
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-12-16 11:02   
I was both a Geek and a Jock... did theater, choir/chorus, played (no longer) classical piano, you should have heard me play Bethovens (sp) Moonlight Sonata... and was the starting Strong Safety on the Football Squad... played baseball (catcher/first base/right field) and drove a tricked out Chevy...

a 1970 Chevy Kingswood Station Wagon (all 19' 6" of it...) Yeah a Wagon but it had a 400ci small block with a B&M Low Boy Blower, dual side draft Weber Carbs, Turbo 400 Tranny with Stage Two shift kit and 2700rpm stall converter. All this with a nice 8 speaker Am/Fm/Cassette (yes Cassette!) Pioneer system. Midnight Blue paint and Crager S/S Rally rims all around with dual upper and lower traction bars.

A geek with a geek sleeper car that would gank on all the jock/preppie kids... well lets say the day I made the team all things changed...

Moral to this insane story? Be yourself and believe me, you CAN be a geek and a jock at the same time!

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-16 11:21   
And now, heres word from an 'Emo' kid, me. Listen, if you realy think we're being immature and weird, then why do you get affected by us? Why would you let the lower class 'weird' kids bother you?

Quote:
ive never heard of them, they're too different. emo kids don't play sports, they're not athletic, they're also lazy and by definition think its a waste of time.

Now your being biased...You dont know every single 'emo' kid, you dont even want to know them. I play sports, I play baseball,football, and basketball, and probably better than you..I am infact an 'emo' kid, do I all their normal things ( except the cutting part, which is another thing people think we do..) You say that it's ALL 'emo' kids doing the newspaper? Probably so, because 'emo' kids are very smart, unlike 3/4 of the 'Jock' population..

So please, dont assume you know a type of people, because you dont.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-12-16 12:25   
Time to lay down the big hand.

Generally, things like this I tend to avoid, mostly for their intentions. But, I think I ought to speak on this one.

For me personally, any form of racism is severely frowed upon. Seriously, grow up, were all human.

Really, take a look. We're all people - people with our own attitudes, and outlooks on life. You have your own, should we hate you because your not a carbon copy of us? No.

And this is the same here. You merely put labels such as 'emo' kids and 'jocks' when you should really step back from such 6th grade mentalitys and look at the fact that we are all people - entitled to be who we wish to be, whether or not you like it.

It is that ignorance of someone elses attitude that causes this hate, and trife - no one gets along with Emo kids simply because they have this block in their mind about them, just as would they on jocks. We think we know someone just by the label we put on them, when in reality, that label means nothing, and that we are all individually different.

To wrap it up, I say this. If you have something against someone, be it against that person, not that group. If their way of life is something you don't like, then act your damn age and learn some tolerance, and learn some patience of it. It is that unwillingless to understand other people that has screwed so many other cultures before, and so many other peoples way of life. If you want to hate on a group of people, let it be over something that is actually worth a damn, rather than merely on a label.

-Ent (PS - Im not a geek, nerd, jock, emo, etc. - Im a human being.)

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-16 12:30   
Emos,jocks,punks,gangstas- 0, Enterprise-1

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-12-16 12:31   
Once again Ent has smacked us all upside the head with the "Yearbook of Reason"

Bravo Ent, Well Said!

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-16 16:38   
Seeing as how the 'emos', as it were, are under-represented, I guess I should straighten things out. Ent really did hit it on the head, but I feel important when I write and use big words, so damnit, I'm gonna do it.

First of all, Xangas and Myspaces are a terrible place to formulate an opinion about anyone. Most of the online blog identites are "posers", as is the freedom of anyone that creates an online personality.

Secondly, comparing Jocks to Emos is (cliche ) like comparing apples to oranges. Being a "Jock" means you play sports. Being "emo" isn't a class; it's more of a lifestyle. It's an outlet for any pains and problems that a person is experiencing. Think whining about the trivial problems of a teenager is pathetic? You're a damned dirty hypocrite, because I'd bet a lot of money that when you were a teenager, the exact same problems were earth-shattering for you too. Not that you'd ever admit that, now that you're a big, bad adult.

That all being said, anyone (beloved Emos included) that singles out and ridicules anyone else for the class/lifestyle/whatever they are in is an idiot, and is subject to the full extent of beatings that happen in high school hallways.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-16 18:03   
Quote:

On 2005-12-16 11:21, Crim {DA-Guru} wrote:

Now your being biased...You dont know every single 'emo' kid, you dont even want to know them. I play sports, I play baseball,football, and basketball, and probably better than you..I am infact an 'emo' kid, do I all their normal things ( except the cutting part, which is another thing people think we do..) You say that it's ALL 'emo' kids doing the newspaper? Probably so, because 'emo' kids are very smart, unlike 3/4 of the 'Jock' population..

So please, dont assume you know a type of people, because you dont.

Who's biased?

And making fun of someone because they are a "jock" or an "emo kid" or whatever the hell they are isn't racism, its borderline bigotry. Different, but still ignorant. Maybe if people took a chance and moved outside their comfort zones, they might get to know some interesting people. But who am I kidding, it's high school...

Puppies gotta die, too.

Firestorm
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-16 18:28   
I need to say that im not prejudiced or anything. I'm not trying to rant on emo kids in general, i'm just mad at the ones at my school that are acting up.

I don't choose friends based on type and I admit that two of my friends are emo kids. I also wasn't calling emo kids immature, I was calling the ones who came up in the courtyard and starting shouting "war on jocks" immature.

I was pissed off because of what they had written in the newspaper about me. They took it way too far, and the newspaper was withdrawn from printing by the school board for what they were accusing me and my friends of. I was also still mad when I wrote that post.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-16 18:29   
No offence...

But who the hell cares...

If they're so emo, let them burn themselves out.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-12-16 19:17   
What is DarkSpace coming to...

This used to be such a wonderful area of intelligence and maturity, and now we're debating about high school social classes?

I don't even know what an 'emo' is, and am only superficially familiar with the definition of 'jock' (someone who plays sports or something... don't see what's wrong with that). I never payed attention to that kind of stuff, and always looked at people on an individual basis. Never had trouble getting along with anyone in my quaint little Tennessean high school.

Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

Email Bobamelius
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-16 20:02   
Im friends with everyone anyways..:/ wow.

Alien Mastermind
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-12-16 20:48   
Sounds to me like you're quite emo yourself. *gasp*

Anger = emotion right?

therefore, angry guy = emo kid.

Email Alien Mastermind
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-12-16 21:24   
I have no idea what an emo kid is. From my friends, I've gathered that they're the people who just rant about how their life is so harsh, sing in really high voices, do feminist things, and cut themselves.

As for myself, I have had no contact at all with an emo kid. I myself don't really fit anywhere....I play a lot of sports, yet I hang out with the "nerdy kids." And my grades are still only average. I play a lot of computer games, but I could beat up most people in a fight. I have no idea where I stand...

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-12-17 16:34   
Quote:
they're too different.

All I needed to read right there.
/ignore add

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2005-12-17 16:57   
Woa! a rant indeed!
hmm... were you live is so diffrent from here.
Most of the ppl ni my college (yr 12-13/14) are all emo/indie.
then theres all the goths and everyhting else.
eevryone seems to get along... in fact, the only fights ive heard of is between the idian ppl that go here...
im kinda Emo
gotta love there music. but then im not emo.
i do think they are kinda pathetic, not doing anything, moanng about everything, meh, just shut up and get on with it like the rest of us
still ove them though!

I think me and my freinds are all the possible groups of teenagers you could think of mixed up together.
we listen to all kindsa music, wear all kindsa clothes, some play sports others dont, some are geeks, goths, jocks. dont matter really what you are as long as your mature enough to get along.

Aghh... i sound like GT (gay love) lol

SC, rantinng about nothing...

[ This Message was edited by: Screaming Chimera on 2005-12-17 16:59 ]

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018687 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR