No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Wooo!
 Author Wooo!
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-11 06:03   
Today I was looking at the Ragg Doll Kungfu website (it's a game, google it), and I followed some links from there (mostly because I was bored). I came across a "Firefox sucks" website, now I'm no fanboi, I listen to the facts and support those. This website had A LOT of points I just never really thought about. All that firefox promises, is false, and proven at that. The editor of the article suggested Avant Browser because it was the fastest, most secure, and most custimizable browser currently built, AND it works on the IE engine so it's garantee'd to work with most (if not all) websites.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Have a look at it, it's completly free, and does take some custimizing to get to how you want it (in my case, like firefox). But when it gets going, it's incredibly fast, far, far quicker than Opera, Firefox OR IE. Some little things I might mention that are really cool are mouse gestures ... Can't be bothered to go top left and click back? Hold he right mouse button and draw a little arror left, and it'll go back for you, and there are various other gestures too! Not to mention the quick link (I love this!). For instance, I've added gg = google, rw = ravenwarriors, and ds = darkspace. When I type in these letters to Avant, it automaticly takes me to those pages.

Try it!
You won't regret it!

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-01-11 06:16   
Quote:

On 2006-01-11 06:03, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Some little things I might mention that are really cool are mouse gestures ... Can't be bothered to go top left and click back? Hold he right mouse button and draw a little arror left, and it'll go back for you, and there are various other gestures too! Not to mention the quick link (I love this!). For instance, I've added gg = google, rw = ravenwarriors, and ds = darkspace. When I type in these letters to Avant, it automaticly takes me to those pages.

Try it!
You won't regret it!

My mouse has hotkeys for going back and forward, but the hotkey is cool:)

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-11 12:10   
Grats Backy, the feature you posted are part of Opera
Mouse gestures for example are pretty old, and I have deactivated them anyway because noone needs something I this, and for quick links, although I could add them...why bother and no just bookmark...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-11 13:13   
ill stick with firefox. or failing that, head back to opera

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-11 13:30   
There's a little addon somewhere or other that lets you do the quick links for IE as well; I used that before Firefox was out (back when I was on IE). And Firefox lets you use er.. I forget the names. But similar things, where, for example, you can type google query and it'll search google on your query.
But you can also set it up to just link you to certain pages. At least, I think so; I'm back on IE now, since I only have internet at work.. but I swear I had something like that on my old computer.

What firefox sucks website was this, if I may ask?

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-11 14:02   
Quote:

On 2006-01-11 13:30, Shigernafy wrote:

What firefox sucks website was this, if I may ask?

I can't remember the exact link, but it had a link to other websites that proved that firefox was far from the best, along with another website that quoted load speed for browsers (they won't include Avant thought, as technicaly in their eyes, it's just a big addon (firefox is a lite version of mozzila though :/)).

Anyway, it's not the point of all the features I named, quite a few browsers have those nowerdays, the point is that this browser is considerably faster than the lot of them. If you won't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-11 15:53   
Ok, you make claims, yet provide no evidence.

WHY, exactly, should we believe you then?

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-12 14:29   
if you got a problem with the speed of your browser even if your connection is that fast....switch the OS or try to give some to rest in your life or you will die too early

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Page created in 0.014609 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR