Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » admiral servers
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author admiral servers
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-11 15:09   
Bad idea.
Why?
Because, most of the maps only have enough of all the metals to allow for only ONE faction to have a shipyard. This means that one faction gets to spend the whole game pwning the other teams horribly.
One may argue that "you can get these resources from their burned out hulks"
This is true, however, the amount is so insignificant, that you'd gain maybe 1 cruiser out of it after an hour of fighting in frigates, while they are running around with cruisers and dreadnoughts.
While more time would be welcome to get a higher tech level, with the current map designs and standards, it is simply not reasonably feaseable.

Crash003
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-11 15:14   
again, this is why i think SY should be reduced in preq and ships be cheap.. or remove SY all together and have a pooled resource limit like it used to be and ppl can get any ship from the homegate

Email Crash003   Goto the website of Crash003
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-11 15:26   
resources do get pooled at sy planets, but like previously stated scenario server just dont have that much. even before SYs it was fairly common for 1 person to pull out a dread and wipe out whatever resources were piled up, and everyone would camp in the gate trying to be the first one and complain at the guy that did get the dread..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-11 15:41   
Won't and can't happen for the following reasons...

A) It goes against the original design concept of the game.
B) It woudl require Faustus to re-code the resource system from scratch, undoing all that he has done since 1.481 and onwards.
C) It would take longer than you imagine, adding things to a game is a lot easier to do than reverse engineer them (Part A might rely on part B, removing part B could have serious conciquences (sp).
D) ICC would win 24/7 because of their bugged shields on smaller ships. You reply "Fix that aswell then?", then why not just work on 1.484 and put all the time to good use.

Quite simply, admiral was never meant to be the main source if this games excitment. It was always designed around the concept of working within a metaverse/multiverse, scenario/admiral was just there simply... because they never removed it after the MV was released (when it should of been).

If you can't get over the fact that DS was always meant to be a MV game, then perhaps you should leave it alone for good. It isn't going to happen, and the time it would take for it to happen is MUCH better spent on other area's of the game.

- Jack

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-11 17:28   
Fleet Admiral Server was the win back in them days...!

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Crash003
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-11 17:39   
admiral 4tw... no matter what u think the new patch will bring.. its not gunna make te game any better... just think.. the first major patch that was released.. destroyed the game.. and its gotten worse ever since.. maybe this game would do some good by simply going back a few years.. hell itll take time yeah. but its best if u know for a fact that going back will bring players back ... relying solely on what the game was designed arround isnt the best way.. if u add a server with certain setting that everyone.. i mean everyone likes.. even to the point there was 200+ players online at the same time.. surely thats better than pressing forewards.. making more content.. then taking away what everyone is enjoying and attempt to force people to play what u think the game is suppose to be... its just common sense

Email Crash003   Goto the website of Crash003
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-12 14:32   
sad that this has become a morality argument......was a suggestion, answered, denied, and now an ugly argument about the morals and foundations of the game....

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-12 14:40   
Not going to post the link b/c at work I use a proxy that is super slow, but I believe Doran posted something a couple days ago about seeting some ground rules in the MV. Sounded good to me. Dealt with forcing FLEETS to use startegic gameplay 4tw.

Or

Make the MV smaller. Not sure if this is possible but thought I would throw the idea out there. It was also suggested in the post about server reboots I believe.

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-12 14:42   
was in beta, didnt like the idea as if there was one huge fleet, it would have control of the MV, and the founder, oh that person would be like emperor palpatine and we would all end up as rebels lol

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-12 16:05   
Quote:

On 2006-01-11 14:44, Crash003 wrote:
hat still doesnt solve the fact that there is about 30 players who actualy still pay for this game..

That's not true! We're holding steady at 43!

Email Shigernafy
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-12 17:09   
Admiral's back up

Email Light-of-Aurora
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-01-12 18:09   
Quote:

On 2006-01-11 15:41, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Won't and can't happen for the following reasons...

B) It woudl require Faustus to re-code the resource system from scratch, undoing all that he has done since 1.481 and onwards.

That has to be, the most intelligent comment I have ever seen. Well from Jack anyway. I am ofcourse ignoring the fact he is against the idea, but then he's a fanboi so I couldnt care less.

Get rid of this crap and bring back DarkSpace.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-13 14:27   
I agree!!

Eleda
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-14 03:53   
Quote:

On 2006-01-11 17:28, Barthezzz wrote:
Fleet Admiral Server was the win back in them days...!

Hangon..bart..your josh in eve? You gotta be kidding me

Email Eleda
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.203972 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR