Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lobby Chatlog - State of Play
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Lobby Chatlog - State of Play
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:43   
Quote:

On 2006-01-17 10:25, HaVoX wrote:
I like the luth, but again becons make going cloaked again rather dificult in the present release, as well as the fact that u can have all the alphas you want, our weapons do not make it past sheilds or armor to reach hull and thus gain pres in a alpha. If you manage to get away with out being beconed on your first attack you wont on the second. Also the only thing self repair does for you better then ugot armor and shield regen is fix your hull, our armor does not repair fast enough for it to be a signifgent factor in relying on alpha attacks to destroy a enemy. We fight a constant battle of attrition, which as a faction we are pretty good at make you all pay for all the planets you cap reguardless of what we do to stop you.

*slaps face*

If beacons add to cloaking time, that won't be a problem. And who says you're supposed to get to hull in one alpha? Your armour DOES regen fast enough if you go in teams against an enemy, and I don't mean all uncloaking at once. I mean uncloaking one at a time and coming in on one enemy at a time from all different directions. Going it alone in a dread or other against 4-5 enemys... well, duh, ofcourse you're going to get hammered, and it won't regen quickly. You want to go in wolf packs so that whilst the others are attacking, your armour is repairing. It might take a bit of time, and it's different from the ICC and UGTO style of play, but quite simply. You're not meant to be duking it out with any human counterparts.. Ever.

And if I remember correctly. Kluth armour regenerates 83% faster than standard armour, and is only 75% weaker... Do the math.

ReZ
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:32   
Quote:

On 2006-01-17 10:01, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Haha, it's paper because you keep uncloaked and try to get off more than one alpha...

That isn't how kluth are meant to play..

You uncloak, you fire, you recloak. Your armour is supposed to take a slight beating during that time but you're meant to do more damage to them in one alpha than they have to you. By the time you recharge and go in for another attack, your armour will be repaired back up to what it was, or a good percentage of what it was (if you tag team with other kluth players, you actualy get a longer repair time, so your armour goes up higher).

THAT is how kluth are meant to play. When I log onto my kluth account, I have no problem teaming up with one or two select people and obliterating anyone we see. It's quite simple really.

You're NOT meant to duke it out with human ships. One alpha, then you get out. Don't like it? Select a faction that fits the play style you want.

- Jack

dude, in all the versions of DS has k'luth been played like that?

If it has, at any point in time since i did take a year or so off, then tell me. Argueing with actual players who play the faction and see some things that would like to be changed is ridiculous.

If they have a point of view, let them share it. Instead of shooting it down.

[ This Message was edited by: ReZ on 2006-01-17 11:33 ]

Email ReZ
Demoncrow
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:49   
K'Luth are and always were supposed to be hit-and-run, reguardless of how they have been used to date. End of Discussion.

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:05   
I've being playing Kluth for almost 3yrs now. My point is: in the previous patch our armor was way stronger than now, we were able to at least get 2 alphas or 3 in combat before we have the need to retreat or recloak.

Now we have to get in the right position, uncloak hopefully get an alpha in and recloak without getting beacon or heavily damage.

To be honest the armor in this patch is weaker than in previous patches and our alphas since to do less damage as well.

Jack is right in the way Kluth is suppose to be play, but we are taking some serious damage by lower class ships with weaker weapons.

"Nough Said"

Email James Bum007
Special K
1st Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:28   
Do what I do, try to concentrate on on shields, or armor plate...like the left, the ugto usually only have one armor plate on left and right, and 2 in fore and aft...think about it. have one ship come in from left,fire, cloak repair, then another do the same and in no time, he'll be either running ordestroyed.

Icc, sure we can move our shields energy around ourselves, but then that makes our other sides weaker, 2 people concentrate on one side, the when they move the shields around, have aanother ship(s) come in on another side. then u only have armor to deal with, and Icc armor soesn't repair at all, it take foreveer, even wioth depots to rep.
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

Email Special K
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:47   
Quote:

Haha, it's paper because you keep uncloaked and try to get off more than one alpha...

You uncloak, you fire, you recloak. Your armour is supposed to take a slight beating during that time but you're meant to do more damage to them in one alpha than they have to you. By the time you recharge and go in for another attack, your armour will be repaired back up to what it was, or a good percentage of what it was (if you tag team with other kluth players, you actualy get a longer repair time, so your armour goes up higher).

THAT is how kluth are meant to play. When I log onto my kluth account, I have no problem teaming up with one or two select people and obliterating anyone we see. It's quite simple really.

You're NOT meant to duke it out with human ships. One alpha, then you get out. Don't like it? Select a faction that fits the play style you want.

- Jack

Apparently, you havent been luth latley...We can fire once, and if we get hit during our first alpha by anything better than a battle cruiser, our armor hits deep orange..Last night, I'd alpha and cloak stragglers, and even they'd mess my armor up easily..We havent tried duking it out with any ship..

ps. hard to run with beacons

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-17 14:10   
Quote:

On 2006-01-17 12:47, Crim {Fear} wrote:
Quote:

- Jack

Apparently, you havent been luth latley...We can fire once, and if we get hit during our first alpha by anything better than a battle cruiser, our armor hits deep orange..Last night, I'd alpha and cloak stragglers, and even they'd mess my armor up easily..We havent tried duking it out with any ship..

ps. hard to run with beacons

Apparently your wrong. I have several accounts, of which 99% of this place know not of (it gives me a place where I can have peace and quiet). If I team up with certain people, we get in position, we uncloak, one after the other, and that person dies. Now, Tael said the other day (in the lobby) that he was adding damage modifiers to hulls, so that weapons on smaller ships do siginificantly less damage than that of a bigger ship. So all in all, dreads will be able to kill smaller ships (if they're stupid enough to get in range), and smaller ships won't be able to do a lot of damage to dreads, ofcourse this will be aplied along the ranks (frigates won't do much to dessies, diess won't do much to cruisers, etc). This will force the type of play that DarkSpace has always supposed to be about.

Hopefully anyway... I want to see less of this, 'destroyer takes dreadnought single-handedly' scenario. Because, lets face it, no matter what your skill level, you shouldn't be killing a dreadnought in anything other than a cruiser (with friends), or another dread. Dessies perhaps (if you have 4+ of them), but you shouldn't be solo'ing it against a ship that's a whole hull level above you. Ever.

And like DemonCrow said. It doesn't matter how they've been in the past, it's how they've always meant to be, and I'm happy that Tael is on the right track to making the changes to bring Kluth back to what they used to be.

FACT: Did you know K'luth had NO armour back in the golden olden days (way before 1.480)? Back then they where fine, and managed to play succesfully, IF they played together and set up tactics.

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-17 14:25   
logical conclusion Jack, and even though I have only been on K'luth for 3 days now, and will only be on it for another 4 VCA have been coordinating themselves, and have successfully taken down or forced a few ships out of system....its not impossibly to accomplish. It just takes time and the right coordinaters; dont try to get more than one alpha off either as last night I manged to stay alive when Borgie and Crim kept taking huge hits as they tried to duke it out....heheh i used their attacks to mask my approach to Myth's station, didnt hurt him but its the thought of attacking once, cloaking, going to a different spot, and attacking...repeat....The repitition should be able to kill the enemy, especially if ur in a Scale...

My advice for the time being (yeah Tael!!!! , even thought im only on kluth for 4 more days, YEAH!!! )

[ This Message was edited by: Veronw *VCA FC* on 2006-01-17 14:26 ]

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-17 15:03   
Everyone has valid points here. I switched to kluth about the time the wolves disbanded along with Wraith. There are just a few problems with kluth.

1.Beacons are like superweapons against kluth. Yes we can carry point defense but it's still hard to block every beacon.

2. Dont make armor uber so kluth turn into the icc in this version just take it back to what James mentioned.

3. Figure out why we can get ECCM pinged. Thats a real kicker.

I will say that I got a majority of my kills as kluth and the MAJOR problem they have right now is not having a steady player base. You can not go 2on1 as kluth. I remember flying in packs and when done right kluth have more then a fighting chance they can really own.

Do what needs to be done and lets fight it out some more.

Thanks for caring Teal

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-01-17 15:09   
That is the tactic that works for me as well, all you have to do is excute it properly and you'll do find. Then again some guys just uncloak in front of the enemy and expect to survive.

Saw that tactic performed last night by some guy I rather not mention I was just like "I cant believe he did that". He died like in 2 seconds.

"Nough Said"

Email James Bum007
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-17 16:14   
A quick interjection ignorantly made without fully reading all the arguments about K'luth cloaking:

I played K'luth for a while in this version, and were it not for beacons and armor plate replacement (which is now illegal), my hit-and-run tactics would have been pretty darn successful.

Personally, except for the aforementioned things, I think K'luth is okay.

My opinion carries little weight though, because I haven't played K'luth nearly as much as some people; only a few days compared to a few years for others. So don't take my word for it.

Email Bobamelius
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-17 16:28   
Quote:

On 2006-01-16 18:57, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

For kluth, do those armour changes (but do not give them more, force them into hit and run), but for gods sake, stop the beacons from stopping them cloaking. Just make it add a base signature so it takes them longer to cloak (and REMOVE the ambient engine sound WHEN cloaked)). That should make them what they should be.

Agree with all of that. Don't need more armour, just stronger than paper armour.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-17 16:28   
Quote:

On 2006-01-17 16:14, Bobamelius wrote:
A quick interjection ignorantly made without fully reading all the arguments about K'luth cloaking:

I played K'luth for a while in this version, and were it not for beacons and armor plate replacement (which is now illegal), my hit-and-run tactics would have been pretty darn successful.

Personally, except for the aforementioned things, I think K'luth is okay.

My opinion carries little weight though, because I haven't played K'luth nearly as much as some people; only a few days compared to a few years for others. So don't take my word for it.

Armour swapping is allowed, but severly frowned upon. Drafell made a post in Staff Announcements not that long ago about it.

Aneemal
Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-17 17:26   
no way armour swapping should be banned thats just turd.!

Goto the website of Aneemal
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-17 19:08   
No, not armor swapping; I mean replacing damaged armor with an entirely new, 100% plate from cargo. Which is illegal.

Email Bobamelius
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024524 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR