Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lobby Chatlog - State of Play
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Lobby Chatlog - State of Play
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-17 20:01   
Quote:

On 2006-01-17 19:08, Bobamelius wrote:
No, not armor swapping; I mean replacing damaged armor with an entirely new, 100% plate from cargo. Which is illegal.

That's allowed...

Quote:

On 2005-12-14 16:54, Drafell wrote:
In reference to armor swapping.

Quote:

On 2005-12-14 01:41, Scotty wrote:
There was a lot of discussion on this yesterday in the lobby. I made a clear statement to this point.

If you are using Armor out of cargo that is precharged - you are exploiting the timer. If you are changing the Armor form one panel to another it is not realistic but not an exploit.

I hope that clears this up.

Scotty

Regardless of players' personal opinions, "armor rotation" is NOT an exploit despite the improbability of being able to do so. This is the official staff postition. So please can we stop the constant arguements (it is not widely used anyway), and get on with playing the game.
We will continue to monitor the situation.

That's it, end of discussion.

You're not allowed to store armour in cargo for swapping though.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-01-17 20:03 ]

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-17 20:24   
21:50:43 [Admin]Tael: "well the current ship layouts were done by gideon and he was a staunch UGTO player."

Hehehe =)

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
ReZ
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-17 23:51   
Quote:

On 2006-01-17 14:10, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

FACT: Did you know K'luth had NO armour back in the golden olden days (way before 1.480)? Back then they where fine, and managed to play succesfully, IF they played together and set up tactics.

if your thinking 357 or something along that line, K'luth were considered heavily overpowered. Especially with the PB war machine. I dont recall armor being that weak though, then again not many noticed with the super ganglia's and decent siphon dreds.

I'll admit, back then it was primarily shadow tactics, but the main element was fear. Weapons did a crapload of damage in one alpha, which i've come to believe is what most K'luth players liked and considered the 'norm'. If we are 'meant' to be played as a first strike species then our weapons should match the criteria accordingly.

I could be mistaken with the time period/stats. Old age= bad memory. So if anyone could remember the specs from way back when, then i'd love to read up.

Email ReZ
Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-18 00:39   
YEY! Teal's got the jest of it, i can't wait for this version 2 be released.

SC

[ This Message was edited by: Screaming Chimera on 2006-01-18 00:40 ]

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-18 01:18   
Quote:

On 2006-01-17 20:24, shine wrote:
21:50:43 [Admin]Tael: "well the current ship layouts were done by gideon and he was a staunch UGTO player."

Hehehe =)

Yet he still got the EAD extremely wrong :/

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-18 02:48   
Nah, the developers had a meeting and decided to heavily neuter one ship per faction. The EAD won the vote for UGTO. So despite any staff biases, the EAD got a kick in the junk, as it were.

Also, you previous post seems to contradict itself. It seems like you're disagreeing and then agreeing with the same thing, albeit with slightly different wording. Armor can be swapped around if its mounted. But you can't carry backup armor in the hold to stick in when your current ones get low. And we would prefer you just not change things around at all, but ..

I would prefer we make gadgets reset to 0 when removed from their slot; that would seem to solve most problems.

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-18 03:43   
Havn't slept in a few days, must of read it and thought it to be something different, woopsies!

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-18 09:33   
Quote:

You're not allowed to store armour in cargo for swapping though.

Good God Jack, that's what I'm talking about.

I think you need this:

Email Bobamelius
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-01-18 13:56   
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 02:48, Shigernafy wrote:

I would prefer we make gadgets reset to 0 when removed from their slot; that would seem to solve most problems.

You mean like it always used to be? Sorry mate, as you well know, F has said there's no going back!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-18 14:12   
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 13:56, c0ldfury wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 02:48, Shigernafy wrote:

You mean like it always used to be? Sorry mate, as you well know, F has said there's no going back!

Going back, as in going back an entire version. Simple things such as this, are childs play to Faustus.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-01-18 14:45   
Quote:

Simple things such as this, are childs play to Faustus.

So... hmm.. that would mean he's too 'grown up' to play then? Or maybe he prefers more complicated challenges? *Shrugs* There has to be a reason why he hasn't fixed it, after so many months, if as you say it's soo simple for him. Bah, it'll come to me soon I'm sure.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-18 15:16   
Quote:

On 2006-01-18 14:45, c0ldfury wrote:
Quote:

Simple things such as this, are childs play to Faustus.

So... hmm.. that would mean he's too 'grown up' to play then? Or maybe he prefers more complicated challenges? *Shrugs* There has to be a reason why he hasn't fixed it, after so many months, if as you say it's soo simple for him. Bah, it'll come to me soon I'm sure.

It might be because he has a wife and children to support and darkspace doesn't make enough money for that, so he has to find other jobs, which requires moving all over the place to find such jobs, which means there isn't much spare time for DarkSpace. Faustus most probably loves this place with all his heart, and it probably kills him inside (the fact that he can't spend as much time as he would like, or money on HIS game).

You see, making MMO's is easy for companies such as Blizzard or SOE (not mentioning SWG here). They have a huge buget for advertising and hiring. Faustus doesn't have that, and is forced to do what I mentioned above. I was under the impression that even YOU would know this c0ld...

Seems I was wrong...

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-01-18 15:59   
He could ask for help though, No one would think less of him.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-18 16:19   
Much of what I would have liked to say has already been said...

But I see alot of argument on K'luth.

In truth, they have every right to complain about their situation, however, alot of Kluth need to realize somethings.

That being, your not ever going to have a 1.482 Kluth. Ever. Again. Period.

Not only would I doubt Tael would be a fool to do so, the wrath of every player non-Kluth would suffice.

We need to realize what KLuth is based on. It matters not what you feel they should do, its about what their original design is and how it fits in with the rest of the game.

Now...

Kluth itself is supoosed to be the kind of stealth, hands down. Their defence is supposed to suck - and yeah, one or two alphas from a large ship should rip it to pieces.

Kluth can be thought of as an 'advanced' faction because it requires more than spacebar mashing and rushing foreward to win.

The concept of Kluth is to work as a team, in a team. Stragglers - your supposed to die.

You weapon? Cloak. It needs some changes, such as of course -

Shorter Cloaking times, shorter uncloaking times. For the reason, that with armor so weak, anything more than 3 seconds either way is too damn long[/b].

Weapons on Kluth, they should be more powerful than any human variant, and they should have the speed to rush in and deal swiftly.

But they are not - ever - meant - to - hold - out. If you want to hold out in a fight, go join ICC.

Kluth relies on stealth tactics. Only, stealth tactics, and numbers. Those two together makes Kluth one very, very deadly race. You will see the effectiveness of a team when you get three Kluth together - and when cloaking is fixed - and see how powerful it is.

Jack is also right - there was a time as near as 1.475 where Kluth had no armor at [i]all
and their weapons were hardly any different than they are now; they did extremely well at what they did, but they had a decent cloak too.

-Ent

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-01-18 16:49   
Well..

Kluth-
Armor- We arent supposed to have equal armor, but weaker...Even though we dont like the armor now, this is how it was ment for us to be. The only problem with our armor, is how it's placed on a ship. Giving us one extra layer of armor, would be able to help this. It wouldnt overbulk our armor, but allow us leeway to fire weapons and cloak. Also, arrangment on the ship is another problem.
For cruisers, do as the other factions, and make the scale have it's main armor on it's fore,and sides. The other cruisers, portion these around the ship, equal on all sides. For Destroyers, all is fine there. For Dreads, most of the dreads capabilities are on it's Fore, so take one away from it's afte, and place it there..

Weapons- Ent was right, we wont be like we where in .482, or even in earlier versions. Our weapons do need to be stronger though, simply to balance out the armor...Dont make them OMFG strong,no, but only alittle stronger than the human counterpart to it.

Cloak- Cloaking is a problem..Cloaks create a field around the ship, making it invisble to sensors, and the rest of that. It should do the same with beacons. If it made the cloaking time slower, that'd be A-O-Kay!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022185 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR