Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Some Heavy Metal from my early years (1993)
 Author Some Heavy Metal from my early years (1993)
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-19 23:29   
Thanx a lot to those who checked out the links to the music I posted before. A friend (former bandmate) asked me if I would post some of our very old music, so I picked 3 songs from our 1993 CD "No Peace On Earth".

Now this stuff is really old, and the old school metal "cheese factor" is quite high. Believe it or not we had a large following, we sold these CDs all over the world without major label support.

The music is very dated, it was already out of style when we recorded it, but we were surrounded by rap and death metal, and we were trying to stick to our roots (Queensryche, Metal Church, Iron Maiden, etc.....)

Warning: The singer is of the operatic metal variety, so if you never liked that kind of vocal.........

We did this very low budget and I had nothing to do with production... I threw down my guitar parts and left the rest to my drummer and producer. I never was very happy with the production, too much reverb, too thin, too much compression, etc...... but oh well, was my first band and my first CD and playing with these guys for 3 years was one of the best periods in my life.

Disclaimer, every guitar solo on the CD is a "first take". I was never given a chance at redoing any of them, and we did them all back to back, I never heard them back until the CD was released. Anyhow I have heard every possible negative critique of this CD, so no opinion can offend me. We sold a ton of them so I guess for it's day and genre it couldn't have sucked that much, We sounded MUCH better live than we ever did recorded.

Here are links to the 3 tunes, check em out. Hope you like.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=450859&songID=3323105

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=450859&songID=3369813

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=450859&songID=3369767

The band broke up around 95. We had quite a show, lasers, track spots, flash pods, hundreds of lights, 4 foot drum riser, drunken moshing crowd, etc..... Ah the good old days. I kinda miss all that, playing fusion like I do now just doesn't draw crazy drunk topless chics like the metal did!

[ This Message was edited by: .spaivxx. on 2006-01-19 23:33 ]

Dom243
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-21 11:44   
dude i really liked that, that was awesome!

i stuck em on my iPod, got anymore?

Im in a band myself (we started last week we dont have any material leave me alone ) and those were great songs which shows you dont have to have a big record label to make great songs or sell lotsa cd's thats a great inspiration there.

Edit: at first the chorus on Judgement Day made me laugh, but then i realized it was cool.
Edit2: and is the bands name spaivxx?

[small][ This Message was edited by: Dominator_243 *S1* on 2006-01-21 11:47 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Dominator_243 *S1* on 2006-01-21 21:26 ]

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-21 21:38   
Dominator, thanx for the kind words.. here are two more......

These were the two that were in radio rotation, SIN got regular play in the titty bars, basicly, if one of us walked in the joint, the song was palyed, almost as though to announce we were there....Ahhh the good ol days.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=450859&songID=3382051

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=450859&songID=3382064

SIN has an obnoxious shred solo with absolutely no musical merit to it, but I was inot that then.....

Trapped was basicly improvised, our bass player had been carrying the bass line around for years and busted it out in practice, 10 minutes later the song was done, shortly after that, recorded.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-23 03:23   

[ This Message was edited by: Lord DowneyBUM (UK) on 2006-01-23 06:09 ]

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-23 05:39   
Really liked the third track.
Takes me back to my led zep, Deep Purple, motorhead days.
Nice. Very soldier of fortune.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-01-23 05:46   
wtf 0.o?

Page created in 0.011308 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR