Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Happy playing
 Author Happy playing
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-28 17:26   
We are all here to have fun, but some things decrease the morale thus making others unhappy.

a few things like:

-mirving/fighterbombing planets

-use of interdictos in dogfights

-use of unbalanced ships( Ed, picket)

these things make players, well atleast me, unhappy. we all know bombing is easy so why nuke?

there have been some "big" fights lately( over 4 ships,lol) but someone allways takes out a dictor. this is strange as you could earn more pres by NOT killing the enemy but let him escape, repair and come back to be a target again. instead they die and might choose not to come back due to the ammount of pres lost.

if going after (lone)bombers use of dictor is ok, that would just discourage further solobombs, but let the fights go on. we all like to fight but due to massive pres lost i don't go against dictorgangs if not atleast with same ammount of wingmen that enemy has

and the ships...well we all know what's wrong with them so let's not go there...

let's make this a happy place

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-28 17:31   
Durlan Katz, i would agree with you all the above, except Dictors.
Dictors are a nice tactical weapon, and its a battle game. They are easy targets if ganged up on so its the enemies first target, or should be. They force fleets to fight as a unit, the way DS is designed to be played.
I dont usually use them, but they play a nice role.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-28 17:53   
yes, but why go for the kill?

tactical, yes, in some situations. but aswell as you an gang up on the dictor, the dictors buddies can gang up on you and protect the dictor.

the last fights i've seen they have done a good job,i don't thnk i have seen one blow up in a long time. all i've seen is that the one that was dictorkilled doesn't come back as long as the dictor is there.

just a while ago i was supping some icc fighting k'luth. there were atleast 5 luth and 3 icc. it was going nicely, the iccies came to me for sup when damaged and returned to the fight. but then the luth spawned a dictor. 2 icc cruisers were destroyed, neither came back. they just went to other sytems and did something else

now i bet all would have been happier without the dictor: nice combat with the possibility to jump out and repair. and more supping for me:)

thundertongue
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-28 18:01   
Quote:

On 2006-01-28 17:53, Durlan Katz wrote:
yes, but why go for the kill?

Why?....Easy answer...bragging rights, so your stats say lots of kills little deaths...

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-28 18:03   
gah, want a lot of kills? go to admiralserver and kill the stray noobs:)

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-28 18:30   
IMHO, it's a good thing for the enemy to leave the fight and not return. It's them coming back that's bad during operations such as capturing a planet.

IMHO the Interdictor class ships are an essential part of fleet operations.
Prestige is the side 'reward' for having fun [sometimes ], not vice versa; and killing is undeniably fun

Email Light-of-Aurora
thundertongue
Cadet

Posted: 2006-01-28 18:56   
Noob farming?

Those arent honorable kills...even more so for some reason if you get fragged its embarrasing

Of course I cant very well farm myself now can I..."quit shootin' yourself, quit shootin' yourself"
[small][ This Message was edited by: thundertongue on 2006-01-28 19:04 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: thundertongue on 2006-01-28 19:05 ]

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-01-28 19:14   
Durlan, is just part of the game kill or be killed if you play in the MV better be ready for either one. I will suggest you to get use to this cause is not going away anytime soon.

Ps. Im all about killing anything Red, if it gets away so be it but I always go for the kill, we cant take no prisoners our cargo hold are full with infantries.

"Nough Said"

Email James Bum007
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-28 19:40   
hate to say it but what your asking for isnt going to happen...people will fly what they want when they want and how they want and theres really nothing to do but suck it up and keep going...personally if i knew that i could take a ship out by flying dictor theres no stopping me im going for it

Email Obiwan Kenobi
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-01-28 21:31   
Personally, I always thought (and still do think) that letting the enemy escape alive was better (and still is better) than killing the enemy. It generally takes more time for a combat ship to be repaired than for a new one to be rolled out and re-engage. Although I am rather frustrated at times when my ships are destroyed, when it meets the bottom line, losing one of my ships gets me back into combat much quicker.

Which is why, at times, I am happy to be locked in with an interdictor. I'm going to lose that prestige eventually, but it gives me a chance to try and dodge through the lag and the staggered fire and being close-jumped. Having three enemy ships after my one = good trade-off. And, after I die, I can pull out another one and re-engage those three enemy ships and lose that ship and come back with another one and... well... you get the drill.

On the other hand, if I'm allowed to escape, my damn sense of self-preservation will kick in, and, unless really necessary, I'll find myself unable to jump my 10% hull dread into a situation where I most definitely will not escape again. That's just the way I am.

...Did I digress from the main point? Sodding...

To make a long story less long: Interdictors are fine. Bombing is fine. Just play the game.

Goto the website of Grimith
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-01-28 22:36   
Flying a dictor = skill.

That is all.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-28 23:20   
On Dictors :

I had a great large arguement on this a while back...and its more of a question on their actual power....

The problem with dictors - and the only problem - is their ability to run the dictor and maintain infinate energy at full speed - that shouldent be so.

However...

The dictor in itself is a wonderful weapon. To me, I kill my enemies, and if they can't away all the better. Nothing strike fear into an enemy quite like a dictor can.

For those who complain about them however:

If you get caught by a dictor, you deserve to die by whoever comes along and kills you. Its not exactly easy to get yourself caught in jaws of its field, and ill tell you why.

Dictors, cannot go near friendly planets or friendly space alone without risking death.

Dictors cannot, individually take on fleets of ships.

Dictors cannot, find and keep ships anywhere. Ships they snag cant be near gates, or shipyards, or other friendly planets without suffering the loss of their prey or their ship.

In other words, only if your alone, out in the middile of nowhere, and larger than a Destroyer, do you risk yourself at their hands. They are not, single, one man roving machines, as alone, they are powerless. In fleets, they are an awesome strategic weapon.

As stated before, the problem lies in that they can however, run their field indefinately and can keep up with their prey forever, which should not be.

However beyond that, and their use, you do have to LEAVE yourself vulnerable to a dictor, in order to be caught by one - as there is no other excuse otherwise.

Kluth especially indeed, who stay cloaked cannot even reveal to a dictor that they are indeed there as long as they stay cloaked. So that is that.

-Ent

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-01-28 23:52   
doesnt stop us from hating em

Page created in 0.021696 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR