Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Yet another rant about lag in the MV
 Author Yet another rant about lag in the MV
Kazix Gaians
Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-02 04:03   
im not sure if this is the right place for this but anyways...

Yet again there needs to be something said abiout the lag in the MV last night i was sat in the MV battling and one may occasion i saw people die they just started jumping all over the place and then server report [persons name] has been killed.

I personally dont get much lag in teh MV only when there is more that 40 people or so do I lag a lot most of the lag is server sync but that im not too bothered about but when i start to die for hitting planets for no reason when i start jumping into them when my velocity says im at 0.0gu's i think is a bit stupid.

recently i have heard people are going to leave as the lag is to bad to keep playing. and my self i will not resub untill thuis new patch is relesed or the alg is fixed

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-02 06:53   
They know about the lag already. They can't do anything about it without Faustus creating a fix, which he isn't yet.

Lock it!

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-02 07:04   
Backie, you cant keep just shouting Lock it when people have an opinion, that u beleive to be negative towards the game. These people go to work, earn money and then send it to Faust, If there are problems with the things we purchase, we are aloowed to state our grievances.
Shouting Lock it, stinks of 1984.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-02-02 07:49   
agreed, last night went signed on to mv to play alittle after work, the sever lag was so bad even moving dred at 5 gu's was too much of a problem.

Email Borgie
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-02-02 08:42   
well there you go jack lord said it all
not much more to say than the obvious

Roger Devil
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-02 08:53   
I'm afraid I have to agree with everyone else here other than yourself, slash. People who pay for the game tends to get annoyed when their ship get exploded for no reason. Ranting may not help with solving the problem, but at the moment it's pretty much the only way people can de-stress. You and I may not do it, but that shouldn't stop us from understanding why others might and sympathise with the problem. Keep these topics unlocked.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-02 08:56   
you could create a combat server and play for fun, without fearing to loose prestige...

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-02 10:20   
go find something orignal to rant about, its always mv lag this, mv lag that... sound like a bunch of lemmings. seriously a little creativity wouldnt hurt.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-02-02 10:45   
My personal view:-

Palestar are aware that many customers continue to experience issues they refer to as lag.
The majority of such issues are a result of connections to the server or ISP problems, and are outside of Palestars control. Because of the nature of DarkSpace gameplay, these issues are not so easy to compensate for with code, as opposed to other popular MMO's that do not rely on 'twitch' style combat.
There are some issues with server performance of which the Game Staff are aware, and efforts are being made to address these issues.
Due to circumstances outside our control these updates are coming along a lot slower than anyone would prefer, and all we can ask is that you bear with us while we work on this.

There is a constant demand for 'hotfixes' for various gameplay concerns. Such quick fixes may seem a good idea, but they seriously hamper development of real fixes and changes that would make such 'hotfixes' obsolete.
Palestar has a very limited amount of manpower which it is able to utilise for such temporary development work, and generally prefers to dedicate this manpower and time to fixing the game properly, rather than dedicating 1-2 months of work to addressing something that has already been superceeded by other changes to the game implementation.
It is a hard choice when on a limited budget as to where you can allocate resources, and unfortunately this is an occasion where the resources are better directed at longterm playablity as opposed to short term changes.

All we can ask is that the Community support us through this time.

- Draf.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2006-02-02 10:46 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-02 12:39   
IDEA !!! PUT A DONATE BUTTON SOMEWHERE WITH FLASHING LIGHTS!!! opps capps lol Ill donate money if the server problem to be fixed! And stop saying its everyone elses connection to there provider cause i have used 3 diffrent types of connection and there is always a point were my ship is bouncing all over MV like a pin ball.

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-02 13:00   
Thats the funny part though. It certainly feels like server issues... but there are times when everyone is bouncing around like nuts and I'm not having a problem. I never had problems even when I was on dialup - though I grant that was now a few years ago.

I'm sure there are server problems; nobody denies that. However, there are elements that don't quite make sense for that being the only explanation: there are some who aren't affected the same. I can't explain it, but it is often true.

Email Shigernafy
Kazix Gaians
Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-02 13:01   
yes dragon it is a good idea to put a donate button on there but then the game would have to have to be completely free apart from those who are willing to donate so then the lag would never get fix because f wouldn't get any money to keep the sever and development moving

[ This Message was edited by: Matt *BL* (Fix the LAG, On MV Strike) on 2006-02-02 13:03 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-02 13:01   
/me doesnt get lag

DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-02 13:16   
well u want a cookie

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Page created in 0.023633 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR