Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Possible solution
 Author Possible solution
Cataclysm
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-11 07:49   
Well we all know how bad some of the lame play on the MV has become and we all know the players that are disrespecting the rest of the community in their behaviour. So I'm not gonna mention names just some solutions to the problems we have to see what you think.

1. Rank restrictions

How annoying is it to be a VA, to always be using your best ship risking pres and working your way slowly to admiral when some grand admiral comes along in a ship he wont lose any pres in but can annoy the heck out of you in the process. Ships like the ED and PD are overpowered we all know that and we know that the players that use them generally cannot fly any other ship to save themselves.

So to benifit both them and us i'd like to suggest somthing that might be unpopular, ship restrictions at higher ranks. Say once you get commander you can no longer use scouts, at 1st rear you an no longer use frigates and at admiral you can no longer use destroyers.

This would call for more balanced fleets with the admirals+ not sticking to ships like the ED or even scouts so it's the lower ranked players risking their good pres. It would also make sure players have to up their skill as they reach every new point in the game, they cannot rely on the overpoweredness of certain ships forever.

2. Swap mirv pres with neut pres

At the moment I can risk my ship neuting a planet and capping it, then going and completely rebuilding a mirved planet and still have less pres to show for it than one of the rpeat mirvers who don't bother to build at the moment.

I believe that if we made the pres for neuting equivalent to what the mirving pres is at the moment and put the mirving pres down then the community would benifit greatly. Certain people who have mirved their way to VA in 6 days aren't very liked at the moment, and if they risked their ship by neuting for the same pres it would be more acceptable.

But at the moment I can appear in a dictor, dictor the icc bomber destroyer as he's retreating from a planet he has just mirved, kill him and he'll still be up in pres while i gain a megre amount for my troubles. That's just wrong.

Rank lock certain ships
Increase construction pres
Remove the need for scrapping when building (make buildings upgradable)
Increase pres for neutroning/bio bombing
Decrease pres for mirving
Decrease speed of telekinetic bombs to 15 (useable by k'luth dreads)
Increase pres loss for high ranks in low ships
Increase combat pres

Don't flame me, just comment

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-11 08:20   
All good ideas, we just need a developer to implement them. Maybe we could advertise on Monster?

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 09:28   
Setting restrictions on lower class ships is a bad idea. These players are more experianced with them and can better support the other players if there is not anyone online able to use them or to assist. Such ships like ED, PD however are just unfortunate to have this version.

Breifly, look at the Latest Topics, these suggestions and, for others, their"rants" if you will, in general is getting rediculous. No one will care to listen much, and no one will hold an agreement very well as seen before.

The way I look at it know is, either wait and play what we have with right now until another version attempt to improve, not play and wait, or not play at all anymore. It is just unfortunate DarkSpace has to go this way.

Some of your suggestions I might add were ok.

Rank lock certain ships : (against)
Increase construction pres : (for)
Remove the need for scrapping when building (make buildings upgradable) : (for)
Increase pres for neutroning/bio bombing : (against)
Decrease pres for mirving : (for)
Decrease speed of telekinetic bombs to 15 (useable by k'luth dreads) : (for)
Increase pres loss for high ranks in low ships : (maybe?)
Increase combat pres : (against, combat/hull damage prestige is good look below)

See, I'm kluth, so I can penetrate the opponents hull easily (sometimes) and the prestige of getting them to 5% to 20% is amazingly huge. It's just that currently getting to the hull is very hard. What I would suggest for this is just add a little bit of combat prestige gain from damaging armor (not shields). Otherwise forget calling it combat prestige and call it "hull damage."

[ This Message was edited by: Ospolos on 2006-02-11 09:39 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-02-11 10:29   
agreed with everything except the rank lock.
Yes, i said everything

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-11 12:07   
I like the rank lock idea, it makes sense to me that grand admirals wouldn't be allowed to waste their time flying small ships. Players won't like it because it restricts part of the game from them, but it needn't;

Make it so that a grand admiral that wants to fly a scout needs to take a 'leave of absence' first. This then opens up the smaller ships to them. The downside being that s/he can't then gain prestige and they get billed for any damages (not just the component cost mind, the full cost of any ship they lose). This would be until they go back to active service.

This'll mean that flying small ships is 'just for fun', but it's 'at their own risk'.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 12:31   
Just a comment on he Rank Lock:

When the new patch comes out these smaller ships will no longer be uber and a FA or GA will have to have skill to fight in them.

From what I understand they plan on making ships upgrades based on there hull. Witch means a smaller ship = small hull = lower upgrades. You wont hit that dollar sign 10 times anymore it will be predetermined for you.

If they do as they say they are going to do it will fix a lot. I say we run with the solutions we have now.

-Smartin-

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin *SL2* on 2006-02-11 12:31 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-11 12:58   
Yes, but we have a similar system now, whereby component level is determined by hull size, and it only works to a certain extent. If you were to take the concept to the extreme, the game would become very unfair to new players trying to gain rank (as it has become already, to a degree).

And 3,2,1 - Que 6 page in-depth post from Enterprise and agreeable cherping from sidekick Backslash --->

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 13:25   
Again thats what the newbie server is for and after that your right new players will have to come with FLEETS no more one ship OWNING everything. If you can only bring out a dessy then make sure you attack dessies and lower or perhaps call for assitance.

What they are trying to do now is bring back the need for teamwork and require real skill.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 13:52   
so if I get to GA, I cant pilot a scout to assist ecm cover? Or a trany to capture planets? Or a engy to build? Thats a bit restrictive of player enjoyment, player ability, and player responsability to their faction/clan.

Let the game be fixed. Suport the game to help it get fixed. Offer sugestions to those you think are just abusing a ship. And if possible, just dont play around those people.

Its a pain, I know. Quick fixes almost never acualy fix anything. And it seams the amount of changes to impost the rank limits arnt worth the result considering a fix is already in the works. Just a time to wait kinda sucks...

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-11 13:54   
Quote:

Again thats what the newbie server is for

I happen to think the MV should be balanced both 'top to bottom' and 'side to side'. Both the newbie server and Admiral server are short-term solutions to the problems of MV being newb unfriendly and fast paced action respectively, the latter no longer applies to Adm of course. But the former should, imo, be solved eventually. Protection for newbs in MV is a must, so long as it doesn't affect game balance as a whole.

Quote:

new players will have to come with FLEETS no more one ship OWNING everything. If you can only bring out a dessy then make sure you attack dessies and lower or perhaps call for assitance.

What they are trying to do now is bring back the need for teamwork and require real skill.

No-one here is suggesting otherwise, it is only the degree to which the concept is taken that is being discussed.

Cataclysm
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-11 15:17   
Quote:

On 2006-02-11 13:52, Ðrow wrote:
so if I get to GA, I cant pilot a scout to assist ecm cover? Or a trany to capture planets? Or a engy to build? Thats a bit restrictive of player enjoyment, player ability, and player responsability to their faction/clan.

Let the game be fixed. Suport the game to help it get fixed. Offer sugestions to those you think are just abusing a ship. And if possible, just dont play around those people.

Its a pain, I know. Quick fixes almost never acualy fix anything. And it seams the amount of changes to impost the rank limits arnt worth the result considering a fix is already in the works. Just a time to wait kinda sucks...

Note: I never mentioned transports, workers or engis

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-11 15:44   
I would think a better solution would be to fix the ships which are so out of balance, rather than removing the ability for most people to pilot them...

In a certain sense, I can see why a navy wouldn't want an admiral in their dinkiest ship... but at the same time, having a high rank should open up more possibilities, not close off old options.

Otherwise, those sound like good ideas, in general.

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.021211 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR