Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » kluth armor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author kluth armor
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-03 18:11   
The scale still needs another forward armor,

Now like in previous versions it would have been one arc gone oh well use the other ones. That dont work no more, u still lose mad Hull even if hit from behind, weapons damage radius is that much higher that loseing one arc from any side pretty much means ur hulled no matter which direction u taking fire from. From cruiser on down. So all i ask is two forward arc armors, heck lose a back armor if need be.

Now as for the cloak and run policy sure i can go cloak my scale, but now ive gotta wait ten minutes to repair because i fired a alhpa, ok fired another alpha time to wait another ten minutes to repair, oh rats the enemy left.

Ok this is my stance on this cruiser this cruiser alone,

Ahhhh the power of a Resurrected post, yet still valid, makes u wonder how beta is actually progressing.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-03 18:13   
lets put it one way, only eccm pinging and beacons can stop cloak. But have you tried doing eccm pinging in beta? I dont think so, so that leaves beacons to stop cloaks. But... look at the list of ships with beacons. Sooo, how many of those ships will be able to sand up against an apha stike by a ship larger than a destroyer? See so prettymuch all you have to do is just kill the little scout, and tada your safe.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-03 20:14   
Beacons shouldn't stop kluth cloaking in 1.484, it should instead, just lengthon the cloaking process.

Cloak should also be fixed. Depends with F/Tael work on it though.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-04 15:27   
Quote:

On 2006-05-03 18:13, doda wrote:
l But have you tried doing eccm pinging in beta? I dont think so, s

I have, and it still appears to be possible. Not being an expert at doing that sort of thing though, I can't tell if it's easier or harder than before.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-04 15:50   
No changes to the way cloak works have been made, so it is still possible.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-04 17:55   
Quote:

On 2006-05-03 20:14, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Beacons shouldn't stop kluth cloaking in 1.484, it should instead, just lengthon the cloaking process.

dude how many ships have beacons, only scouts do, so how hard is it to kill a scout. See once you kill the scout, bamb no beacons to stop you.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-05 00:20   
Quote:

On 2006-05-04 17:55, doda wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-03 20:14, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

dude how many ships have beacons, only scouts do, so how hard is it to kill a scout. See once you kill the scout, bamb no beacons to stop you.

Beacons should not render K'luth useless for a certain amount of time. It should make it harder for them perhaps, but not make them useless. That's why, in the 1.484 proposal me and Drafell sent Faustus, we proposed that the beacons add a base signature like before, making UGTO and ICC ships stand out a mile, and making K'luth ships take longer to cloak. This doesn't make beacons uber, but it doesn't make them useless. This, also coupled with the beacons on scouts only change, makes the whole beacon abuse thing a lot more balanced, and it makes scouts a lot more useful, and worth something on the battlefield.

Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-11 09:56   
Quote:

On 2006-05-03 15:58, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Rule #1 of developing a game.

You NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVEN if your testicles are threatened, do you design and develop a game based on team numbers, because those are the ONE things you can never rely on. Once you make one side uber because they have low numbers, everyone switches, and developing an auto compensate system just means that maybe the reason you won was not because of your skill (How it should be), but because of the advantage.

This is a 3 month old post, and kluth armour will be effective once cloak is fixed, because like many have said, the cloak IS kluths armour, and at current, it is broken.

- Jack

I know man, I am just saying, how much lag are we in for if we get say 60 people on once again? we exp alot of lag with 10-15 people at stages, so i was justing stating, how much is it going to be +50 people playing at once.

Peace

Email Hellza - master
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-11 10:57   
Hopefully some changes to the way some things are kept and changed on the server (resources, etc) will help that.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-17 14:36   
I still say take all armor off K'luth and give them the 1.482 cloak w/ unaffected by eccm/scanner

Email Light-of-Aurora
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-31 07:44   
Well, I've seen enough of this thread, to voice my own opinion on K'luth.

First I want start off by saying that Jack..sometimes you do get a tad offensive. I'm sure you dont mean it though.

Second off, I think Shig is right in most points, there are always multiple solutions to one problem.

But one has to first look at what the solutions effect will be, under any circumstances, to see if it will work.

For Kluth armor...

Personally, no, they should not be able to duke it out. Kluth shouldnt be able to take damage long uncloaked. They must rely on it.

In honesty, Kluth have to get close to attack. For human ships vs. Kluth, this is the best frame of attack. As soon as a Kluth uncloaks, the human ship actually gets a shot off first. part of its weapons.

In truth, a KLuth should be able to take an alpha..at least, before getting their hull smacked.

A kluth SHOULD be able to get an alpha, maybe even two, off, before having to recloak.

The whole point is, that a Kluth, using a hit and run tactics properly can deal more damage than it recieves, wheras duking it out will get it pwned.

What Jack I notice is focusing on, is not giving Kluth so much power so that it can solo ships by smashing the spacebar, and I agree with that, but hes also focusing on the fact that even a single layer of added armor on any mount, will cause that to happen.

Honestly, I dont see how that is possible, when organic armor is weaker than any other armor.

The only kind of armor upgrade I would suggest on Kluth, is an added front arc armor, cause thats where their weapons are, and weak armor in the rear.

Perhaps, rearranging the armor mounts?

In reality, Kluth is hit and run. But they should not be hit and die.

And Jack, if I hear "OMGZ ONE MORE ARMOR LAYER FROM BACK TO THE FRONT WILL MAKE KLUTH UBAR KKTHX" I will smack you.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-31 14:47   
You ignored all my replies then, or skimmed over them.

Cloak is half of the Kluths armour.

If cloak is fixed (which it is planned to be), they have no need to have more armour. They simply instantly decloak, fire, and recloak. Kluth armour is there just to stop them taking damage to hull for the period they are seen, and that's fine. The problem lies in how long they are seen for, and the ease of which they are seen. You fix those two problems, and K'luth become a viable option again, without the need to add armour, or change layouts.

I'd suggest reading my replies in more detail in the future.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* *Jack* on 2006-05-31 14:49 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.022403 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR