No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Can't I get something back for this
 Author Can't I get something back for this
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-02-19 08:33   
For the pass few days I've been doing nothing, but losing prestige do to lag. I come online and can't leave the planet without being flipped around right into it. I spent a yesterday doing nothing but engineering for the whole day, and nearly lost it all from lag throwing me into 3 planets(make it worse I was orbiting). This morning I take out a cruiser to up the bombing with my engineer prestige to get the day started. Can't do a useful bombing run without being thrown all over the place, can't get threw the gate without being thrown to the empty of space, and can't take it back out without worrying it will slam into the planet from me doing nothing. Oh yea trust me it isn't my computer can't I be given something back for the cruisers, suppies, and engineering ships I lost from lag.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-19 09:26   
You've actually only crashed into a planet 5 times, which isn't that much, but I can understand the fustration.

The good thing is, you've only lost a tiny amount of prestige, less than 550 actually. You see, everytime you do, your ship adds its value to the "Resources Lost" value, and this has a negative effect. Judging by your 5 planet collisions, I'd say you've lost a tiny amount of prestige due to hitting planets (roughly 155 in total). If you don't believe me, check your current stats:

I did the following calculations to find out how much you've lost (if all your planet collisions ARE the game fault). 550 prestige / 18 deaths = 30 (roughly). 30 prestige times 5 = 150. Plus the negative 5 prestige from the planet collisions stat, equals 155 in total. This is a very, very tiny amount, and you should be lucky for losing only that much to planets. The same calculations on my profile give me a wopping 3400 prestige lost to planets, and I'd give a guess at about 90% of those being the games fault.

In the future if you want to get compensation for crashing into a planet. Try and get a screenshot (alt+t (goes into the DS directory as a TGA (can be opened by irfanview))), and get eye witnesses, and post a report in the "Staff Feedback" forum. That way, the admins can look at the case and go "Hey, he needs compensation!", and give you some prestige back!

- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-02-19 09:32 ]

$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-19 12:45   
yeah what he said

Page created in 0.004480 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR